Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,988 members, 7,931,393 topics. Date: Monday, 26 August 2024 at 01:50 AM

Is It A Crime To Vote For Candidate Of Your Choice In Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is It A Crime To Vote For Candidate Of Your Choice In Nigeria? (1921 Views)

Ambode Queues To Vote In Epe At Lagos LG Election / Kanti Bello: North Won’t Vote Buhari, We’ll Shop For Candidate With No Vendetta / Feyi Fawehinmi: I’m Sorry If I Convinced Anyone To Vote For This Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It A Crime To Vote For Candidate Of Your Choice In Nigeria? by EastLebanon(m): 8:17am On Aug 01, 2015
Since after the previous election,i have overheard some people from the north and south west condeming the south east and south south for voting enmass for the pdp,i also remembered how oba rilwane akiolu threatened the igbos with the lagoon if they should vote against his choice candidate,the recent one is how mr president involved himself in discrimation against some people in the country,thereby saying that those that voted for him enmass will enjoy 95% of his benevolence while the ones that didn't will take the remaining 5%,all these made me to start asking myself if democracy is all about caring more for those that voted for you enmass and less for those that didn't,i can remember in 2011 when goodluck jonathan won the election,some part of the north started killing some of the people that voted for him,this didn't make him to neglect the north,because he knows that it's his duty to carry the whole nation along.so my question is,IS IT CONSTITUTIONAL FOR THOSE THAT VOTED ENMASS FOR THE PARTY THAT WON AN ELECTION TO ENJOY 95% BENEVOLENCE WHILE THE OTHER TAKES THE REMAINING 5%? AND IS IT A CRIME TO VOTE FOR THE CANDIDATE OF YOUR CHOICE?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It A Crime To Vote For Candidate Of Your Choice In Nigeria? by AroOkigbo(m): 8:19am On Aug 01, 2015
In Nigeria, YES!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It A Crime To Vote For Candidate Of Your Choice In Nigeria? by dejavski(m): 8:21am On Aug 01, 2015
But we still had southwesterners that still voted wholeheartedly for PDP now
Re: Is It A Crime To Vote For Candidate Of Your Choice In Nigeria? by KesaaKingsKen(m): 8:30am On Aug 01, 2015
NO My Brother!!!
Ignorance and illiteracy has been a challenge to this country. To an extent, the voting pattern of SE & SS is becoming justified considering what is on ground now.

I do not know why Mr.President feels we should have all voted for him. Well, if he feels like defining democracy as "govt of the North by Nigerians and for the north alone" no problem. But it was so obvious that GEJ brought everyone together infact did more for the northerners.

10 Likes

Re: Is It A Crime To Vote For Candidate Of Your Choice In Nigeria? by tuffgongjo(m): 8:59am On Aug 01, 2015
None.
Re: Is It A Crime To Vote For Candidate Of Your Choice In Nigeria? by abduljabbar4(m): 9:02am On Aug 01, 2015
Op stop lying. The SE started the game. They called Yorubas names like hypocrites, traitors, betrayers etc. Right here on nairaland immediately after gej lost the election. You can't insult others and still expect yourself to be loved and respected

4 Likes

Re: Is It A Crime To Vote For Candidate Of Your Choice In Nigeria? by abduljabbar4(m): 9:09am On Aug 01, 2015
KesaaKingsKen:
NO My Brother!!!
Ignorance and illiteracy has been a challenge to this country. To an extent, the voting pattern of SE & SS is becoming justified considering what is on ground now.

I do not know why Mr.President feels we should have all voted for him. Well, if he feels like defining democracy as "govt of the North by Nigerians and for the north alone" no problem. But it was so obvious that GEJ brought everyone together infact did more for the northerners.
Can you tell me what gej did for the northerners? I have been thinking about this since. Somebody that refused to fight boko haram until 6 weeks before election? Somebeody that went to dance 2 days after a bomb blast? Gej did more harm than good to the north. Apart from building almajiri schools he didn't do anything good. But if you consider building almajiri schools as a favour, then it means gej was a very huge failure

4 Likes

Re: Is It A Crime To Vote For Candidate Of Your Choice In Nigeria? by socialmediaman: 9:14am On Aug 01, 2015
OP please just appeal to some e-fools who represent only their personal opinions to stop insulting the president and stop dragging the name of a whole region with their childish insults, elections are over
Re: Is It A Crime To Vote For Candidate Of Your Choice In Nigeria? by Olofintoto(m): 9:14am On Aug 01, 2015
Your vote is your Right.

I wonder why someone would be queried on his right.

For the SE nd SS that voted for GEJ, you've done well.

For the SW, NW, NC and NE that vote for PMB, you've done well.

It's all for the national progress.

#my opinion.

6 Likes

Re: Is It A Crime To Vote For Candidate Of Your Choice In Nigeria? by socialmediaman: 9:16am On Aug 01, 2015
abduljabbar4:
Op stop lying. The SE started the game. They called Yorubas names like hypocrites, traitors, betrayers etc. Right here on nairaland immediately after gej lost the election. You can't insult others and still expect yourself to be loved and respected

I believe we're not in ethnic Nigeria. Some PDP paid mofos, not SE are the ones making all the noise online.
Re: Is It A Crime To Vote For Candidate Of Your Choice In Nigeria? by AnambraDota: 9:19am On Aug 01, 2015
abduljabbar4:

I heard 10million Northern kids are out of school, how many of your siblings are among them and am glad you didn't make it grin grin grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Is It A Crime To Vote For Candidate Of Your Choice In Nigeria? by kokoA(m): 9:23am On Aug 01, 2015
YES! If the candidate is GEJ

2 Likes

Re: Is It A Crime To Vote For Candidate Of Your Choice In Nigeria? by socialmediaman: 9:24am On Aug 01, 2015
AnambraDota:

I heard 10million Northern kids are out of school, how many of your siblings are among them and am glad you didn't make it grin grin grin grin grin

Please stop the cursing and insults, this whole e-bashing is getting out of hand
Re: Is It A Crime To Vote For Candidate Of Your Choice In Nigeria? by abduljabbar4(m): 9:25am On Aug 01, 2015
socialmediaman:

I believe we're not in ethnic Nigeria. Some PDP paid mofos, not SE are the ones making all the noise online.
I agree with you
Re: Is It A Crime To Vote For Candidate Of Your Choice In Nigeria? by abduljabbar4(m): 9:27am On Aug 01, 2015
AnambraDota:

I asked you to tell me what gej has done for the north and not to show me that you are a fool
Re: Is It A Crime To Vote For Candidate Of Your Choice In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:37am On Aug 01, 2015
YES, as long as it's in nigeria, it's a crime.
Re: Is It A Crime To Vote For Candidate Of Your Choice In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:37am On Aug 01, 2015
abduljabbar4:

I asked you to tell me what gej has done for the north and not to show me that you are a fool

GEJ surrounded himself wit northerners.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Crime To Vote For Candidate Of Your Choice In Nigeria? by oluwadare26(m): 9:47am On Aug 01, 2015
Is it also a crime for Buhari to appoint anyone he so wishes to head any organization?
Re: Is It A Crime To Vote For Candidate Of Your Choice In Nigeria? by Gh0stFreak: 10:00am On Aug 01, 2015
abduljabbar4:

idiot,google is your friend

1 Like

Re: Is It A Crime To Vote For Candidate Of Your Choice In Nigeria? by TGM2015: 10:07am On Aug 01, 2015
I will limit my observations to 2015 elections.

It is a constitutional right to vote and be voted for including voting for the candidates you seems best for the public position. The issues on last election which Buhari needs to forget and forgo is that those side of Nigeria that didn't vote for him ridicule his image and dragged his good name and integrity into mud.

Majority of this sets of people come from SE, while SS was a little bit balance, minority comes from West and North. Think about his certificate saga which some fools and uninformed persons are still hanging on to till tomorrow. Calling him the BH sponsor and inciting him against the unity of Nigeria and he hates Igbo people and their land. Making many unfounded slanderous comments and unexisting history to dent the good name he has been protecting for his family and unborn generations.

To be candid, the Constitutional rights does not include defamation of characters and defamatory statement against your opponent. The worst of it was that, the bunch of so call elite and politicians in this section of Nigeria are illiterate educated individual who speaks before talking and will not take a basic research and information gathering before declaring publicly their beer parlour gossips and imaginations as facts and truth inciting the innocent public against the identity of Buhari to the extent that he was named Boko Hari.

The issue is not the perceived reactions of Buhari but what led to these reactions. Even some gullible and corrupt minded SW are not left out of this, to the extent of advertising his obituary.

Most times, the solution to many life challenges is correcting the CAUSE than dwelling on the EFFECTS.

SS, SE and section of SW (though the affected SWners have take caution) have to come together and refrain from the hated campaign against the personality of Buhari and the intentions of his administrations and acts of destructive and unfounded criticisms of this government.

Above all, the SS & SE are not totally ignored in Buhari's government, e.g. Imo & Edo governors, ex Rivers state governor, etc. Though most of his appointment were northerners so far, I believe it is not yet the right time to judge him for that, as most of these appointments are security related and in line with public service rules. Even if it is on the contrary, a man with a hoe will rigde the sand to his side (his people and supporters), that is how politics works.

uniklinkum:
https://www.nairaland.com/745731/yoruba-marginalization-elders-met-jonathan/6#36485068
Thanks you for this link, though Jonathan never consider it until the campaign time in SW states. I believe we should not to encourage this trend to continue but we need to first discourage tribal hatred of personality and character assassination of any tribe or region in Nigeria for the purpose of political gain.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Crime To Vote For Candidate Of Your Choice In Nigeria? by uniklinkum(m): 10:08am On Aug 01, 2015

1 Like

Re: Is It A Crime To Vote For Candidate Of Your Choice In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:11am On Aug 01, 2015
Its even a crime to be a christian cos our blood sucking brothers will bomb you!!
Re: Is It A Crime To Vote For Candidate Of Your Choice In Nigeria? by Realisticman: 10:19am On Aug 01, 2015
No. But it is a crime not to believe in the emergence of a winner after a hitch-free democratic process. . Ekiti state, Cross river state , Bayelsa state respectively did not vote for the APC but have all benefited in the Security appointments so far. There are other tribes who did not vote for the APC but you will never hear them in the media insulting a government that is not up to 100 days in office. You hate others and you want to force them to love you, how?

4 Likes

Re: Is It A Crime To Vote For Candidate Of Your Choice In Nigeria? by orunto27: 10:25am On Aug 01, 2015
please let all violators of the
constitution of the Federal of Nigeria beware. we are all equal in Nigeria, se, ss, sw, nc, nw
and ne. No one is more equal than others.
Re: Is It A Crime To Vote For Candidate Of Your Choice In Nigeria? by AnambraDota: 10:33am On Aug 01, 2015
abduljabbar4:

What do I have in common with North except water melon and carrot, whether he did anything or not that is none of businesses, do I look like GEJ's son.

3 Likes

Re: Is It A Crime To Vote For Candidate Of Your Choice In Nigeria? by vanunu: 10:33am On Aug 01, 2015
There is no significant difference between Buhari and prime minister Botha of south africa.

1 Like

Re: Is It A Crime To Vote For Candidate Of Your Choice In Nigeria? by Jesusloveyou: 10:37am On Aug 01, 2015
EastLebanon:
Since after the previous election,i have overheard some people from the north and south west condeming the south east and south south for voting enmass for the pdp,i also remembered how oba rilwane akiolu threatened the igbos with the lagoon if they should vote against his choice candidate,the recent one is how mr president involved himself in discrimation against some people in the country,thereby saying that those that voted for him enmass will enjoy 95% of his benevolence while the ones that didn't will take the remaining 5%,all these made me to start asking myself if democracy is all about caring more for those that voted for you enmass and less for those that didn't,i can remember in 2011 when goodluck jonathan won the election,some part of the north started killing some of the people that voted for him,this didn't make him to neglect the north,because he knows that it's his duty to carry the whole nation along.so my question is,IS IT CONSTITUTIONAL FOR THOSE THAT VOTED ENMASS FOR THE PARTY THAT WON AN ELECTION TO ENJOY 95% BENEVOLENCE WHILE THE OTHER TAKES THE REMAINING 5%? AND IS IT A CRIME TO VOTE FOR THE CANDIDATE OF YOUR CHOICE?
no is never a crime to vote ur choice, but is wrong to vote for ur corrupt brother, that is why obj said those who voted for ur clueless corrupt hero is as guilty as ur corrupt hero, if not for ur bigotry, u wouldn't have call ur corrupt brother an hero, that is a big crime
Re: Is It A Crime To Vote For Candidate Of Your Choice In Nigeria? by Chubhie: 10:43am On Aug 01, 2015
The winner takes it all hence, the do or die politics.
Re: Is It A Crime To Vote For Candidate Of Your Choice In Nigeria? by AnambraDota: 10:47am On Aug 01, 2015
Jesusloveyou:
no is never a crime to vote ur choice, but is wrong to vote for ur corrupt brother, that is why obj said those who voted for ur clueless corrupt hero is as guilty as ur corrupt hero, if not for ur bigotry, u wouldn't have call ur corrupt brother an hero, that is a big crime

Take a look at your handle and read what you spit here, you mention Obj said....LMAOoooo. Inconsistency is the hallmark of a Yorubaman

2 Likes

Re: Is It A Crime To Vote For Candidate Of Your Choice In Nigeria? by Jesusloveyou: 10:52am On Aug 01, 2015
KesaaKingsKen:
NO My Brother!!!

if ur corrupt hero do more for north, is that not d reason u should have vote for a northearner, so that d same northearner will also do more for d southerner
Re: Is It A Crime To Vote For Candidate Of Your Choice In Nigeria? by EastLebanon(m): 10:57am On Aug 01, 2015
Jesusloveyou:
so you mean it's a crime for se and ss to vote for goodluck jonathan?thank God you have vindicated me.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

PHOTO : Russian Laboratory Invents A New Way Of Removing The Black Skin Layer / Tears! Man Shoots An Animal 3 Times, Bullet Bounced Back And Hit Him In The Head / Jonathan, Leaders Move To Revive PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.