Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,449 members, 7,971,616 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 12:52 PM

Gbajabiamila: I Almost Dropped Out Of House Leadership Race - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gbajabiamila: I Almost Dropped Out Of House Leadership Race (597 Views)

Dogara Has Declared War Against Buhari, Party, Says Pro-gbajabiamila Group / House Leadership: Tension As Northern, S’east Reps Protest Exclusion / House Leadership: Northern Reps Make U-turn, Mobilise Against Gbajabiamila (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gbajabiamila: I Almost Dropped Out Of House Leadership Race by bugs2: 8:56am On Aug 01, 2015
The majority leader of the House of Representatives, Hon. Femi Gbajabiamila, has revealed how he almost dumped his House leadership bid after the contest was portrayed as a personal ambition instead of a struggle to ensure party supremacy.

Gbajabiamila, who spoke to journalists during an interactive session at the National Assembly in Abuja yesterday, he said President Muhammadu Buhari and the leadership of the All Progressives Congress (APC) however declined his offer to withdraw from the race.

“A lot of people do not know this, but long time ago, I saw the President, I saw my party, I explained to them that this thing has been framed to be about me. So I said I wanted to withdraw for the sake of the House and the country.

“I told them I would leave this thing in a heartbeat without even thinking about it and I will go and sit on the floor of the House without even accepting anything, not even chairmanship. I have never been a committee chairman or deputy, I have never even asked. So I told them, I have turned things down.

“But on principle, the President did not accept it, my party did not accept it and I thank God for the kind of confidence they have in me to be able to deliver the goods for the party. Who am I to say no? It was on principle that we stayed on course,” he said.

Read full story
http://monitor9ja.com/2015/08/gbajabiamila-i-almost-dropped-out-of-house-leadership-race/

1 Like

Re: Gbajabiamila: I Almost Dropped Out Of House Leadership Race by donbrowser(m): 8:57am On Aug 01, 2015
Thanks
Re: Gbajabiamila: I Almost Dropped Out Of House Leadership Race by Nobody: 8:58am On Aug 01, 2015
Re: Gbajabiamila: I Almost Dropped Out Of House Leadership Race by PentiumPro(f): 9:05am On Aug 01, 2015
Very genuine and highly plausible.
Re: Gbajabiamila: I Almost Dropped Out Of House Leadership Race by henchamb(m): 9:13am On Aug 01, 2015
Food don land.
Wailers where art thou
Re: Gbajabiamila: I Almost Dropped Out Of House Leadership Race by Nobody: 9:17am On Aug 01, 2015
And the propaganda continues even after his endorsement of Reps Majority leader. When will APC change?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Gbajabiamila: I Almost Dropped Out Of House Leadership Race by Godfullsam(m): 9:32am On Aug 01, 2015
Who cares undecided
Re: Gbajabiamila: I Almost Dropped Out Of House Leadership Race by bigerboy200: 9:41am On Aug 01, 2015
Hmmm
Re: Gbajabiamila: I Almost Dropped Out Of House Leadership Race by IYADARA(f): 9:41am On Aug 01, 2015
smiley
Re: Gbajabiamila: I Almost Dropped Out Of House Leadership Race by Nobody: 9:44am On Aug 01, 2015
Na beta thunder go strike this man joystick!!
Re: Gbajabiamila: I Almost Dropped Out Of House Leadership Race by oluwadare26(m): 9:59am On Aug 01, 2015
I love this man. He would have been the speaker if Tinubu and Apc hadn't interfere in the house politics
Re: Gbajabiamila: I Almost Dropped Out Of House Leadership Race by swtdrms(m): 11:50am On Aug 01, 2015
This man disappointed me by loosing to Dogara, this is a man who has worked hard being in opposition and fighting the tyranny of the rulling party, vocal on the floor of the green chamber to loosing to the group who have come to benefit from the work they didn't do. He relied alot on the party's endorsement and didn't work more on wooing PDP members, thereby loosing by just four votes, thats very disappointing. Dogara's plan was to make Gbajabiamila completely irrelevant in the scheme of event become he can't match Gbajabiamila's level of intelligence and articulate presentation and approach. All is not lost though, you are still a majority leader, we want the best from you

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

@bukolasaraki’s Historical Visit To IDP Camps And Matters Arising By @waleflame / Banks Reduce Withdrawal Limits On Atms / Amnesty For Bokoharam : Is Buhari Behind All These Terrorism ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.