Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,963 members, 7,896,086 topics. Date: Sunday, 21 July 2024 at 05:00 AM

Nigeria As A Beggar Nation And Senator Leahy’s Rudeness - Yemi Adebowale,thisday - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria As A Beggar Nation And Senator Leahy’s Rudeness - Yemi Adebowale,thisday (650 Views)

Dino Melaye And Senator Remi Tinubu Chatting (Photos) / Lai Mohammed And Senator Godswill Akpabio Pictured Together / FFK Blasts US Senator Leahy For Calling Nigerian Soldiers "Rapists & Murderers" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria As A Beggar Nation And Senator Leahy’s Rudeness - Yemi Adebowale,thisday by Nobody: 10:16pm On Aug 01, 2015
The Buhari administration asked for the insult and got it in full dose. I am talking about that excruciating insult from the uncultured United States Senator Patrick Leahy, the sponsor of the Leahy Law on Human Rights. Imagine this thoughtless senator calling our gallant soldiers “murderers and rapists.” Leahy went further to say that, “Nigerian army personnel have for many years engaged in a pattern and practice of gross violations of human rights against the Nigerian people and others, including summary executions of prisoners, indiscriminate attacks against civilians, torture and forced disappearances.
Rarely have the perpetrators been prosecuted or punished.” I would not have bothered myself one bit, but for the painful fact that the slight is also rubbing on intelligent and forward-looking Nigerians who have always maintained that we have no business crawling to beg the United States for anything.

This administration and indeed previous administration have painfully turned Nigeria into a beggar nation. It was despicable watching President Muhammadu Buhari begging President Barack Obama for arms and funds to fight Boko Haram. At the end of the day, Obama did not make any commitment on counter-terrorism assistance to Nigeria.
If Buhari is still expecting Barack Obama to help him with arms to fight Boko Haram, then, he must be a big joker.

The most annoying part of the drama was when Buhari returned home and retracted his earlier statement that the Leahy Law “aided and abetted” the campaign of bloodletting by Boko Haram. Suddenly, we were told that our President did not indict the US Government for helping Boko Haram under the cover of Leahy Law. Buhari’s media aides who have become notorious for always issuing “clarifications” told the nation that Buhari’s statement was misinterpreted. Is our all-mighty Buhari afraid of the United States? I went back to Buhari’s statement yesterday and took the quote again. It reads: “Unwittingly, and I dare say, unintentionally, the application of the Leahy law amendment by the US government has aided and abetted the Boko Haram terrorist group in the prosecution of its extremist ideology and hate, the indiscriminate killings and maiming of civilians, in raping of women and girls, and in their other heinous crimes.” So, why the sudden turn around by Buhari? Why is he suddenly saying that he did not indict the US?

It is an undisputable fact that the US has all along been tacitly supporting Boko Haram. What pains me most about the Buhari misadventure to the US is that he went crawling to a country that has never been our friend in the war against terrorism. This same US refused to sell arms to the Jonathan administration when Boko Haram took over territories in our dera country. We to Russia and got the job done. With the aid of Russian arms and technical support, we were able to push the terrorists out of occupied territories. So, why did Buhari go back to the treacherous Americans? I still can’t fathom the reason.
The United States is not bothered one bit about the Boko Haram killings in Nigeria. I am sure that we all can still remember US’s response to the abduction of Chibok girls. After the abduction, the US government made so much noise about helping us; but that was where it ended. Nothing concrete followed.

We should be moving closer to Russia and China if we want to completely eliminate Boko Haram. They are more dependable. Russia has proved it. I expected Buhari to visit Russia immediately he was sworn in to consolidate the war but he did not. Rather, he sacked the Russian and South African experts working with our military on the front line. This has resulted in the setback we are experiencing on the war front. Buhari has dragged the war against Buhar back several steps because of his frightening American mentality. The termination of the technical contract with South African and Russian experts has also retarded the war against Boko Haram.
The only good thing I took away from Senator Leahy’s diatribe was his advice to Buhari to “face up to his own responsibility to effectively counter Boko Haram.” Unfortunately, our President is not offering anything new in the war against Boko Haram. He is doing precisely what his predecessor did – run to US, G7, Chad, Niger, Cameroon. Just like Jonathan, he is already talking about negotiating with the terrorists. Clearly, Buhari has no blue print on how to tackle this crisis. He should look beyond the United States; put together a Think Tank to draw up a pragmatic response and get down to work. We need to remind our dear president that over almost 800 people have been killed by Boko Haram in just 64 days of his presidency. See table below. Buhari promised to put an end to Boko Haram menace within two months. Unfortunately, under his watch, Boko Haram reared its ugly head and resumed deadly attacks.

One other thing Buhari went to beg Obama for was for the Americans to help trace and return stolen Nigeria money stashed in the US. Our President puts the amount at $150 billion. Haba, Buhari, you expect the American government to recover $150 billion from their economy and transfer same to Nigeria? Don’t you know that the American government will never take any action that will hurt its economy? Don’t you know that this stolen money partly sustains the American economy? They are aware of the stolen money and will never take any action to return it. Of course, Obama did not also make any commitment on this too. Buhari should stop displaying embarrassing naivety.

Boko Haram Kills 788 Nigerians in Buhari’s 64 Days

May 30 13 Killed during an attempted night invasion of Maiduguri
May 30 26 killed in bomb attack on a mosque near Borno market
May 31 4 killed in explosive attack at Gamboru market
June 2 17 killed in explosive attack on Maiduguri abattoir
June 3 4 killed in suicide bomb attack on mechanical workshop on Baga Road
June 4 Female suicide bomber kills 2 near military checkpoint in Maiduguri
June 5 40 killed in suicide attack on Jimeta Night Market
June 7 3 killed in suicide attack on Baga/Monguno Highway
June 11 37 killed in separate attacks on six Borno Villages
June 15 Twin suicide bomb attacks kill 11 persons in Potiskum
June 17 Accidental explosion kills 15 persons in Monguno
June 22 8 killed in twin suicide attacks on Baga Fish Market
June 23 15 killed in suicide bomb attack on Nannawaji Village, Gujba LG
June 23 20 killed in attack on Debiro, Hawul LG
June 27 5 killed at General Hospital, Molai, Borno State
July 1 98 people killed in Kukawa
July2 48 people killed, 11 injured in a mosque in Monguno
July 3 29 killed in Mussa Village, Askira-Uba LG
July 3 7 killed in Madabwari Village
July 4 13 killed in Mussa 1 and 11 (twin villages) in Askira/ Uba LG
July 5 5 killed at Redeemed Church, Potiskum
July 5 30 killed in Kokeya and Chigama villages, Birnin-Magaji LG, Zamfara
July 7 26 killed by suicide bomber in Zaria
July 7 4 killed by suicide bomber at military check point in Sabon Gari, Damboa LGA
July 10 43 killed in Kilwa, Gwollam, Misala and Magaram villages in Borno
July 11 4 killed at Motor Park in Maiduguri
July 13 25 killed in Mainok, on the outskirts of Maiduguri
July 14 12 killed in Warsala on the outskirts of Ngamdu
July 15 50 killed inTwin-blasts at Gombe Central Market
July 17 12 killed at Damaturu Mosque
July 20 8 killed on Maiduguri/Damaturu Road
July 21 2 killed in Buratai Village
July 22 35 killed in 4 multiple blasts in Gombe
July 22 8 Killed in Pompomari village, near Biu
July 24 25 killed in Madagali, Adamawa State
July 24 15 killed in Kwata Mai Kadir, in Askira-Uba LG
July 26 19 killed in Damaturu Sunday Market Blast
July 27 29 killed in Dille community/surrounding villages of Askira Uba LG
July 27 10 killed in villages on the shores of Lake Chad, Near Baga
July 31 6 killed in Gomboru Market, Maiduguri

Re: Nigeria As A Beggar Nation And Senator Leahy’s Rudeness - Yemi Adebowale,thisday by Moheat(m): 10:37pm On Aug 01, 2015
Too long! Am tired.
Re: Nigeria As A Beggar Nation And Senator Leahy’s Rudeness - Yemi Adebowale,thisday by knowledgeable: 11:14pm On Aug 01, 2015
FrankAba1:

The Buhari administration asked for the insult and got it in full dose. I am talking about that excruciating insult from the uncultured United States Senator Patrick Leahy, the sponsor of the Leahy Law on Human Rights. Imagine this thoughtless senator calling our gallant soldiers “murderers and rapists.” Leahy went further to say that, “Nigerian army personnel have for many years engaged in a pattern and practice of gross violations of human rights against the Nigerian people and others, including summary executions of prisoners, indiscriminate attacks against civilians, torture and forced disappearances.
Rarely have the perpetrators been prosecuted or punished.” I would not have bothered myself one bit, but for the painful fact that the slight is also rubbing on intelligent and forward-looking Nigerians who have always maintained that we have no business crawling to beg the United States for anything.

This administration and indeed previous administration have painfully turned Nigeria into a beggar nation. It was despicable watching President Muhammadu Buhari begging President Barack Obama for arms and funds to fight Boko Haram. At the end of the day, Obama did not make any commitment on counter-terrorism assistance to Nigeria.
If Buhari is still expecting Barack Obama to help him with arms to fight Boko Haram, then, he must be a big joker.

The most annoying part of the drama was when Buhari returned home and retracted his earlier statement that the Leahy Law “aided and abetted” the campaign of bloodletting by Boko Haram. Suddenly, we were told that our President did not indict the US Government for helping Boko Haram under the cover of Leahy Law. Buhari’s media aides who have become notorious for always issuing “clarifications” told the nation that Buhari’s statement was misinterpreted. Is our all-mighty Buhari afraid of the United States? I went back to Buhari’s statement yesterday and took the quote again. It reads: “Unwittingly, and I dare say, unintentionally, the application of the Leahy law amendment by the US government has aided and abetted the Boko Haram terrorist group in the prosecution of its extremist ideology and hate, the indiscriminate killings and maiming of civilians, in raping of women and girls, and in their other heinous crimes.” So, why the sudden turn around by Buhari? Why is he suddenly saying that he did not indict the US?

It is an undisputable fact that the US has all along been tacitly supporting Boko Haram. What pains me most about the Buhari misadventure to the US is that he went crawling to a country that has never been our friend in the war against terrorism. This same US refused to sell arms to the Jonathan administration when Boko Haram took over territories in our dera country. We to Russia and got the job done. With the aid of Russian arms and technical support, we were able to push the terrorists out of occupied territories. So, why did Buhari go back to the treacherous Americans? I still can’t fathom the reason.
The United States is not bothered one bit about the Boko Haram killings in Nigeria. I am sure that we all can still remember US’s response to the abduction of Chibok girls. After the abduction, the US government made so much noise about helping us; but that was where it ended. Nothing concrete followed.

We should be moving closer to Russia and China if we want to completely eliminate Boko Haram. They are more dependable. Russia has proved it. I expected Buhari to visit Russia immediately he was sworn in to consolidate the war but he did not. Rather, he sacked the Russian and South African experts working with our military on the front line. This has resulted in the setback we are experiencing on the war front. Buhari has dragged the war against Buhar back several steps because of his frightening American mentality. The termination of the technical contract with South African and Russian experts has also retarded the war against Boko Haram.
The only good thing I took away from Senator Leahy’s diatribe was his advice to Buhari to “face up to his own responsibility to effectively counter Boko Haram.” Unfortunately, our President is not offering anything new in the war against Boko Haram. He is doing precisely what his predecessor did – run to US, G7, Chad, Niger, Cameroon. Just like Jonathan, he is already talking about negotiating with the terrorists. Clearly, Buhari has no blue print on how to tackle this crisis. He should look beyond the United States; put together a Think Tank to draw up a pragmatic response and get down to work. We need to remind our dear president that over almost 800 people have been killed by Boko Haram in just 64 days of his presidency. See table below. Buhari promised to put an end to Boko Haram menace within two months. Unfortunately, under his watch, Boko Haram reared its ugly head and resumed deadly attacks.

One other thing Buhari went to beg Obama for was for the Americans to help trace and return stolen Nigeria money stashed in the US. Our President puts the amount at $150 billion. Haba, Buhari, you expect the American government to recover $150 billion from their economy and transfer same to Nigeria? Don’t you know that the American government will never take any action that will hurt its economy? Don’t you know that this stolen money partly sustains the American economy? They are aware of the stolen money and will never take any action to return it. Of course, Obama did not also make any commitment on this too. Buhari should stop displaying embarrassing naivety.

July 7 4 killed by suicide bomber at military check point in Sabon Gari, Damboa LGA

You thoughtless yorubas and hausas, the Whites created you, named you(like their dogs), structured you politically, economically, socially, religiously and etc for their easier control of your Life period. Now, my question is, do you all think these white folks including Leahy don't have the power to destroy their contraption that is nigeria when ever they desire.
Re: Nigeria As A Beggar Nation And Senator Leahy’s Rudeness - Yemi Adebowale,thisday by mikolo80: 5:41am On Aug 02, 2015
knowledgeable:

You thoughtless yorubas and hausas, the Whites created you, named you(like their dogs), structured you politically, economically, socially, religiously and etc for their easier control of your Life period. Now, my question is, do you all think these white folks including Leahy don't have the power to destroy their contraption that is nigeria when ever they desire.
damn ur dumb
Re: Nigeria As A Beggar Nation And Senator Leahy’s Rudeness - Yemi Adebowale,thisday by mikolo80: 5:45am On Aug 02, 2015
FrankAba1:

after you have taken Boko down. what next. one party state. dictatorship. moribund economy. zero Human Rights. you sir are a world treasure of wisdom

(1) (Reply)

Missing Lady Suffering From Mental Illness Found Dead Inside Well (photo) / Cameroon Expels 3 Thousand Nigerians In Fight Against Boko Haram / Tribunal Dismisses Four Petitions Against Wike’s Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.