Stats: 3,174,159 members, 7,890,924 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 01:27 AM

Marital Loyalty - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marital Loyalty (923 Views)

Man Seeks Divorce Because Wife Ran Mad After Extra-marital Affair / Marital Agreement / Contract / 5 Keys To Settling Marital Conflict (2) (3) (4)

Marital Loyalty by VEE2010(m): 2:56pm On Mar 18, 2009
whom should a married woman be loyal to? her husband or family members?
Re: Marital Loyalty by mykel09(m): 7:02pm On Mar 18, 2009
women always cite the bible vers ,a man shall leave , and become one with his wife, ,when it suits em,well this i think applies here,women be loyal to your husband
Re: Marital Loyalty by Nobody: 7:03pm On Mar 18, 2009
Re: Marital Loyalty by spikedcylinder: 7:45pm On Mar 18, 2009
Depends on who a woman assumes to be right in a given situation. You cannot assume eternal loyalty in every situation. . . .
Re: Marital Loyalty by mykel09(m): 9:17pm On Mar 18, 2009
but women naturally expect thier spouses to see them forever as angels,they demand eternal devotion n loyalty,why cant same be given to men,speak to some men n they ll tell u how thier wives badger them becos of her siblings n family issues u go see why young men r reluctant to get married these days
Re: Marital Loyalty by MrCrackles(m): 9:19pm On Mar 18, 2009
chaircover:

Firstly to her husband but also using diplomacy and wisdom to embrace her family members.

Good!
Re: Marital Loyalty by Nobody: 9:37pm On Mar 18, 2009
To herself!
Re: Marital Loyalty by sistawoman: 9:44pm On Mar 18, 2009
The bible says when you marry you become one.

Thus my loyalty first lies with my husband then with my family.

And since my family all also believes in the above we have never had these type of issues in our family. Everyone knows thier place and plays thier role.
Re: Marital Loyalty by Nobody: 9:49pm On Mar 18, 2009
I wonder why people are always creating these topics. Like being loyal to one excludes being loyal to the other. If everybody knows their place discussions like this won't even come up.
Re: Marital Loyalty by Treetop20(m): 9:51pm On Mar 18, 2009
michelin89:

I wonder why people are always creating these topics. Like being loyal to one excludes being loyal to the other. If everybody knows their place discussions like this won't even come up.
well they do not
that is why we are having this conversation
Re: Marital Loyalty by Nobody: 9:54pm On Mar 18, 2009
Treetop20:

well they do not
that is why we are having this conversation

Even if they came up their naggings would be the last of my problems. I am quite good at ignoring rants!
Re: Marital Loyalty by Tgirl4real(f): 11:40pm On Mar 18, 2009
Husband of course except for some irrational cases
Re: Marital Loyalty by spoilt(f): 12:17am On Mar 19, 2009
Loyal to herself jare. Will you die because of your husband? grin
Re: Marital Loyalty by Tgirl4real(f): 12:19am On Mar 19, 2009
Why did u marry then?
Re: Marital Loyalty by tnk24: 4:13am On Mar 21, 2009
The woman's loyalty is first to the husband, even as she extends her loyalty to her parents, she must also extend loyalty to her parents in-law.
Re: Marital Loyalty by benedictac(f): 1:18pm On Mar 23, 2009
spoilt:

Loyal to herself jare. Will you die because of your husband? grin

You try,

Tgirl4real:

Husband of course except for some irrational cases

No matter what your husband first then you can thereafter strainghten somethings

sistawoman:

The bible says when you marry you become one.

Thus my loyalty first lies with my husband then with my family.

And since my family all also believes in the above we have never had these type of issues in our family. Everyone knows thier place and plays thier role.

I agree with you

What Do Kids ( 6 - 14) Like To Read? / What Was Your Best Holiday Experience With Your Loving Family Tell Us? / You Must Marry!