Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,814 members, 7,872,729 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 08:45 PM

Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< - Technology Market (135) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< (1239709 Views)

Buying Itunes and Amazon @ Good rates / Attractive Dollar Exchange Rates For Online Shoppers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) ... (908) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Solitin40: 6:25pm On Feb 12, 2016
Name of bank nd what was the exchange rate
doyinisaac:
I wanted to process western union on Tuesday but I was only allowed to send 1000$,they said due to the CBN policy that someone can only send $1000 quarterly...
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Stanley08(m): 6:25pm On Feb 12, 2016
mployer:

lol,

Stop pretending like You don't know what happened.

You know but You don't want to believe it grin

Lol. I think it's 277.9
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by mployer(m): 6:29pm On Feb 12, 2016
Stanley08:

Lol. I think it's 277.9
Nope.

It is actually 308.
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Stanley08(m): 6:31pm On Feb 12, 2016
mployer:

Nope.

It is actually 308.

Zenith?
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by mployer(m): 6:34pm On Feb 12, 2016
Stanley08:

Zenith?

yeah. And You know it.
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by doyinisaac(m): 7:46pm On Feb 12, 2016
gbodimowo:

are you sure? coz on that same tuesday on firstbanks p website under western union its stated ”due to CBN policy you can only send 5000$” so what rate did u send d $1000 @?
they have not updated their info on the website that's why....when I walked to the bank they said I will send it in naira and the receiver will receive it in the currency which I filled in the form...I paid 216000naira including western union charges...
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by doyinisaac(m): 7:49pm On Feb 12, 2016
omoteamac:
brother,

Please was the money sent that same day you visited the bank? Or were you told that it would be processed at sent at a later date?
the next morning....they sent it the next day in the morning..first bank...
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by doyinisaac(m): 7:51pm On Feb 12, 2016
Solitin40:
Name of bank nd what was the exchange rate
access bank and the receiver told me he collected his 1000$ and since I sent 216000 naira from here including western union charges then that means they charged me at the rate of 199 or less...

2 Likes

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by mudiwest(m): 8:59pm On Feb 12, 2016
So no one can answer my question.
mudiwest:
Can anyone pls inform me which bank as of today has not restricted dynamic currency conversion. Like the one used on amazon
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by dragnet: 9:11pm On Feb 12, 2016
doyinisaac:
access bank and the receiver told me he collected his 1000$ and since I sent 216000 naira from here including western union charges then that means they charged me at the rate of 199 or less...

this is a form of solution...

4 Likes

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Nobody: 6:44am On Feb 13, 2016
doyinisaac:
OK thanks
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Solitin40: 7:26am On Feb 13, 2016
please is western union different from western union business solutions

And also is western union available i mean send money from Nigeria to Australia Canada USA
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by dragnet: 7:43am On Feb 13, 2016
doyinisaac:

you mentioned first bank & access at different points, what's the correlation ?

1 Like

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by balogunsam(m): 7:44am On Feb 13, 2016
mudiwest:
So no one can answer my question.

Not sure but a friend told me STANBIC has not stopped doing that when he checks out in Naira on Amazon but I don't know any details or how it works so proceed with caution...
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by mudiwest(m): 7:46am On Feb 13, 2016
Thanks. There is no ham in trying cos if the bank does not allow it the transaction will simply be declined.
balogunsam:

Not sure but a friend told me STANBIC has not stopped doing that when he checks out in Naira on Amazon but I don't know any details or how it works so proceed with caution...
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Silvani(m): 8:01am On Feb 13, 2016
doyinisaac:

If I understand you cleared. You mean you sent #216,000 to someone using Western Union through Access Bank and the person received a total of $1,000 the next morning after all charges?
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by frebor(m): 8:08am On Feb 13, 2016
mudiwest:
Thanks. There is no ham in trying cos if the bank does not allow it the transaction will simply be declined.

Simply declined kwa? Your account will be simply overcharged, stanbic stopped it a very long time before other banks did. Check page 44 of this thread
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by mudiwest(m): 10:40am On Feb 13, 2016
Dear Efrebor. I already tried a while ago. If you choose to pay in naira your bank will decline the transaction and you will then be asked to review. In a case were u proceed you will be overcharged. I hope this helps your misunderstanding

BTW i believe standard chaterred should allow this since its a foreign bank. Any ideas?
frebor:

Simply declined kwa? Your account will be simply overcharged, stanbic stopped it a very long time before other banks did. Check page 44 of this thread
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Nobody: 11:03am On Feb 13, 2016
mudiwest:
Dear Efrebor. I already tried a while ago. If you choose to pay in naira your bank will decline the transaction and you will then be asked to review. In a case were u proceed you will be overcharged. I hope this helps your misunderstanding

BTW i believe standard chaterred should allow this since its a foreign bank. Any ideas?

1000% correct. my boss tried it, after he was declined 3 times by first bank,the 4th time went and he was charged at d rate of ₦305. the next one na amazon gift card he used. 400usd card bought at 110k (rate of ₦275). he even wants to buy and keep d cards now
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Scarpon(m): 11:30am On Feb 13, 2016
Pls what's dollar rate with eckobank
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by doyinisaac(m): 12:03pm On Feb 13, 2016
Silvani:

If I understand you cleared. You mean you sent #216,000 to someone using Western Union through Access Bank and the person received a total of $1,000 the next morning after all charges?
I sent it through western union (first bank) and the person received the money at western union office in access bank at Ghana..
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by doyinisaac(m): 12:10pm On Feb 13, 2016
dragnet:

you mentioned first bank & access at different points, what's the correlation ?
sent through first bank....the person received it in ghana and told me he collected it at access bank....
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by doyinisaac(m): 12:12pm On Feb 13, 2016
how I wish CBN will increase the limit for sending western union from Nigeria,that 1000$ quarterly is too small for those who do business,,,CBN are foolish...
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by dragnet: 12:15pm On Feb 13, 2016
doyinisaac:
sent through first bank....the person received it in ghana and told me he collected it at access bank....

Ok, clear.
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by justi4jesu(f): 1:48pm On Feb 13, 2016
doyinisaac:
how I wish CBN will increase the limit for sending western union from Nigeria,that 1000$ quarterly is too small for those who do business,,,CBN are foolish...

You don't understand, do you?. Count yourself lucky to have seen $1000 to even send that day.

The limit for Moneygram,western union and the likes are considerably okay for at least few people in Nigeria to benefit from.

But guess what? The bankers are the ones hoarding and using the available funds for business. They send the money outside Nigeria and have their counterparts receive the money and send it back to them, which they sell with high exchange rates and make money from it.

Imagine someone that has been to almost all the First bank branches in PortHarcourt concurrently for the Past 2 weeks and it has been same story of them exceeding their quota. Haba who then buys all the quotas even when you reach the bank by 7am in the morning.

Certainly One chance Nigeria. Smh

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Clone2020(m): 4:19pm On Feb 13, 2016
Pls is it possible to receive wire transfer from a foreign bank into a domiciliary account? Will the bank dispense the exact amount of dollars transfered into your domiciliary account?
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by bizgenius1: 6:30pm On Feb 13, 2016
Clone2020:
Pls is it possible to receive wire transfer from a foreign bank into a domiciliary account? Will the bank dispense the exact amount of dollars transferred into your domiciliary account?

Depends on the availability of dollars at the time u wanna withdraw it,if they do they will give u the exact dollar u wanna gt,if they dont u might have to come back in a week or more

1 Like

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by yanjoo64(m): 7:33pm On Feb 13, 2016
doyinisaac:

Pls wats was the exchange rate for sending dollars at the western union location and which of the branches tho..
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Stanley08(m): 8:15pm On Feb 13, 2016
mployer:

yeah. And You know it.

Nope. No idea.
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by pretts(f): 8:16pm On Feb 13, 2016
Yes it is possible...however, you need to get the funds transfer instruction (intermediary bank details, swift code, IBAN etc) from your bank here in Nigeria. In my case, the money was sent on a Friday night from Paris and I received it in my domiciliary account on a Tuesday afternoon late Jan, so that's about 2 working days in total. The bank did not dispense the exact amount of dollars so you may want to ask the sender to add some extras to cover deductions.
Clone2020:
Pls is it possible to receive wire transfer from a foreign bank into a domiciliary account? Will the bank dispense the exact amount of dollars transfered into your domiciliary account?

1 Like

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by toluxa1(m): 11:39pm On Feb 13, 2016
Which is the best bank in Nigeria to open a domiciliary account. And Why?

(1) (2) (3) ... (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) ... (908) (Reply)

This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper / The Xiaomi Thread Store / California(Los Angeles),pickup services..Online purchase..(Ebay/Amazon,walmart)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.