Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,785 members, 7,882,714 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 12:20 PM

Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< - Technology Market (164) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< (1243098 Views)

Buying Itunes and Amazon @ Good rates / Attractive Dollar Exchange Rates For Online Shoppers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) ... (908) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by gbodimowo(m): 12:28am On Mar 01, 2016
mployer:
Please if your account entered debit with GT, go and borrow money from somewhere and sort it out. It is a big dent on your integrity which can easily be found out in this era of BVN.

You can loose contracts, be denied bank loans, rejected on job interviews or even get sacked from job because of it. Account on debit is a sign of gross irresponsibility. The longer it stays the more severe the damage.

The account cannot be closed and anywhere your BVN shows up, it will show up as well.

You all know GT rate before you made that transaction, all these pretence should stop.

i have always wondered y people act in such odd ways y il i borrow money to pay for a banks gross incompetence the email states clearly its an anormally so am i the cause of the anormally ?

and FYI no one i repeat no one knows d rate he or she il be charged until d transaction flies

so kindly quit d sermon about you all know the rate bla bla bla

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by mavinc4u(f): 1:37am On Mar 01, 2016
gbodimowo:

i have always wondered y people act in such odd ways y il i borrow money to pay for a banks gross incompetence the email states clearly its an anormally so am i the cause of the anormally ?

and FYI no one i repeat no one knows d rate he or she il be charged until d transaction flies

please ignore that guy. why will gtbank deduct more than what is in the account? people do calculation before making transaction.

2 Likes

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by mavinc4u(f): 1:37am On Mar 01, 2016
gbodimowo:

please ignore that guy. why will gtbank deduct more than what is in the account? people do calculation before making transaction.
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by balogunsam(m): 2:03am On Mar 01, 2016
toluxa1:
Awon Omo Ale

shocked shocked grin grin chief chief! You too dey inside this bus? Nawah o
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Cul4real(m): 2:11am On Mar 01, 2016
Why GTbank exchange rate news alone here? What of other banks? Over sometime now that I have been asking for First Bank current charging rate without a respond. Kindly help your brother o.
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Mariesio: 2:20am On Mar 01, 2016
Cul4real:
Why GTbank exchange rate news alone here? What of other banks? Over sometime now that I have been asking for First Bank current charging rate without a respond. Kindly help your brother o.

Call CC , people hardly use them

2 Likes

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Nsonaso(m): 3:40am On Mar 01, 2016
gbodimowo:

Well said Bro... There are the one's that suppose to pay for their incompetent (their stupidity) and not the customers....

Though I have this feelings that they did it on purpose in other to lure their customers into their dirty trap so they can charge them higher later and make dirty profit.

I just pity poor Nigerian who doesn't have a say, if it were to be in foreign country, I don't think this is going to happen, lather they will accept it as their loss and fire the person in charge.

Though it's not even a loss just that they didn't make profit since the rate is not lower than CBN official rate.

Come to think of it, when there were busy charging customers ₦380+ did they say is a system malfunction? Did they return the excess charges to the customers? God punish them.

2 Likes

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Nsonaso(m): 3:44am On Mar 01, 2016
Cul4real:
The only way is to try it out yourself by using the card to transact.... Even the customer service will tell you he/she doesn't know the current rate that the rate is not static. That's how I tried to find out with my ECO nd I was charged ₦400.40 to a dollar
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by bdavis: 3:51am On Mar 01, 2016
frebor:
So Gtbank heard you want to sue and quickly released this?

Yes o, seems so
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Nsonaso(m): 3:56am On Mar 01, 2016
mployer:
Please if your account entered debit with GT, go and borrow money from somewhere and sort it out. It is a big dent on your integrity which can easily be found out in this era of BVN.

You can loose contracts, be denied bank loans, rejected on job interviews or even get sacked from job because of it. Account on debit is a sign of gross irresponsibility. The longer it stays the more severe the damage.

The account cannot be closed and anywhere your BVN shows up, it will show up as well.

You all know GT rate before you made that transaction, all these pretence should stop.
Guy take your sermon and go sit one place... Instead of you to sympathies with those guys, you're here preaching wrong sermon.

What did those guys did wrong?

3 Likes

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by bdavis: 3:58am On Mar 01, 2016
Justin28:
Good day all, please am having problems buying apps on play store with my gtb ATM which I've been using for alliexpress Purchase.
I got this email from gtb.

""Thank you for using your GTBank Naira MasterCard.
Please be informed that your transaction with the details below could not be completed because you have selected the DCC payment option (Dynamic Currency Conversion) that allows you to pay in Naira, which has been temporarily restricted on all our cards. Please reattempt the transaction and select the currency of the country you are transacting in.

Card Number : ******
Account Number : ******
Merchant Name : GOOGLE *TRADEGAME Lab g.co/payhelp#CAUS
Amount : USD2.17 (NGN685.50)
Date : Feb 29 2016 3:04PM""

Please how can someone pay in dollars when the playstore put the price at 507 Naira. (I.e. default currency is in Naira).
I need help

Don't mind GTBANK, they are thieves! Imagine they sent out a circular when they were charging around 350+ way above black market rate then, that we should stop choosing to pay in naira (which our account was domiciled in) because doing so would result in more charge than necessary, which was a blatant lie!

Sites like Amazon, Google Play Store and BBM Shop allows you to choose naira and already would have done the conversion using the official rate and thus submits bills to GTBANK in naira, which they have to honor and since they can't find a way to 'steal' from that, they sent out that yeye, useless circular.

Seeing 9jas are wise and know it's all bull, they have decided to stop honoring such bills from such sites. And some peeps would come here and be talking thrash about how GTBANK is right and we should just fold our arms and keep quiet.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by bedford101(m): 6:48am On Mar 01, 2016
Experts in the house pls help:
Need to wire a good sum of money to Europe (euro) please what is the best possible way to get the lowest exchange rate? Is it to pay the bank in naira equivalent? Or have the currency change to euro frm black market?

someone once suggest I go to a neighbouring country like ghana..(dont know how this can affect it though)

Pls what are ur suggestions
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Infinitikoncept(m): 6:51am On Mar 01, 2016
legalwealth:

Well said! !!
Baba u dey fall hand. Has GTBank ever advertised their rate on daily basis to you and I? Leave Mr wale to his hypnotic trance abeg.
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Infinitikoncept(m): 7:06am On Mar 01, 2016
5000¥ available @ #50 as payment to your Chinese suppliers or buying on any Chinese store. Contact me on my signature
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Suntemi(m): 7:16am On Mar 01, 2016
mployer:

U sha want to be noticed. We don notice u. Yes your moniker is mployer and we also know u know one "soon to be" CBN governor u call Wale. Hope u feel better now? Can u now stop typing rubbish?

9 Likes

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Youngzedd(m): 7:46am On Mar 01, 2016
Thank you for banking with us GTBank grin

1 Like

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by aikfrank(m): 7:52am On Mar 01, 2016
Let's not complain in silence, my account is saying trash -50k for what!!!!!

Please let's all send a message to the appropriate. Institution at CBN, I just checked the CBN website and the appropriate mail is cpd@cbn.gov.ng.

Please let us send our complains there, it would carry more weight.

I will create a new thread For this.
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by hemor(m): 8:00am On Mar 01, 2016
Let's be honest here, what GTBank did is unfair. The fault came from them so they are supposed to accept the loss or make people responsible for the error pay the debt. There was a time last season when there was an error on Man Utd's e-store where people were buying $90 shirt for about $43. About 4,000 people already ordered before the error was detected and rectified but Man Utd didn't cancel there orders or ask them to pay more because they know it's their fault. For all orders made by Nigerians at #199.50 per dollar GTBank is not supposed to recalculate their amount using #299 per dollar.

If Nigerians who are affected by this file a big law suit against GTBank that'll teach them and other companies lesson not to mess with us but I doubt if that'll ever happen and as usual we Nigerians will keep suffering and smiling instead of fighting for our rights.

3 Likes

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by hemor(m): 8:06am On Mar 01, 2016
Please who has used Paypal to pay of recent? I've been trying to order something online but Paypal keep telling me "we're sorry but we're unable to process payment now" and I don't want to enter my ATM details directly because I won't be covered by Paypal's buyer's protection. I don't know if the problem is from Paypal or GTBank.
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by mployer(m): 8:31am On Mar 01, 2016
Suntemi:

U sha want to be noticed. We don notice u. Yes your moniker is mployer and we also know u know one "soon to be" CBN governor u call Wale. Hope u feel better now? Can u now stop typing rubbish?

lol, you just prayed for Wale. Hope he says amen to this wherever he is cheesy

1 Like

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by aikfrank(m): 9:02am On Mar 01, 2016
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Abidex35(m): 9:12am On Mar 01, 2016
aikfrank:

Please let's all send a message to the appropriate. Institution at CBN, I just checked the CBN website and the appropriate mail is cpd@cbn.gov.ng.

Oga frank, don't bother for now, Before CBN will give u listening ears, you have to adhere to their protocol which says you have to lay complaints to your respective financial institutions and await resolution from them within at least 2weeks, after which failure on their part to do so, then the case be brought forward before Consumer Protection Department of CBN.

1 Like

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by legalwealth(m): 9:12am On Mar 01, 2016
Infinitikoncept:

Baba u dey fall hand. Has GTBank ever advertised their rate on daily basis to you and I? Leave Mr wale to his hypnotic trance abeg.

Lol!
Your left or right hand?
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by doyinisaac(m): 9:30am On Mar 01, 2016
Oh now I understand,we have a GTB staff here on this thread,no wonder......

2 Likes

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by onatisi(m): 9:39am On Mar 01, 2016
hemor:
Let's be honest here, what GTBank did is unfair. The fault came from them so they are supposed to accept the loss or make people responsible for the error pay the debt. There was a time last season when there was an error on Man Utd's e-store where people were buying $90 shirt for about $43. About 4,000 people already ordered before the error was detected and rectified but Man Utd didn't cancel there orders or ask them to pay more because they know it's their fault. For all orders made by Nigerians at #199.50 per dollar GTBank is not supposed to recalculate their amount using #299 per dollar.

If Nigerians who are affected by this file a big law suit against GTBank that'll teach them and other companies lesson not to mess with us but I doubt if that'll ever happen and as usual we Nigerians will keep suffering and smiling instead of fighting for our rights.
You don't need people to join you before fighting for what you believe in . If you know you are right then institute a court action against gtb and sue them for millions ,if you win it is all good. Great ppl don't wait for crowd or others to join them before fighting for whatever they know is right. If you know you have a case then go ahead and build a case against gtb
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Bookiemart01(f): 9:46am On Mar 01, 2016
Really? People should borrow money to pay gtbank for the anomaly in it's system?

Please tell me how the fault is the customers fault. Will GTB ever refund a customer if the rates were 199 and the "system anomaly" charged their clients 299?

I think you should stop making this gtb thing your business because you were not affected. Whatever those who were affected decide to do about is totally none of your business.

mployer:

6 Likes

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Infinitikoncept(m): 9:48am On Mar 01, 2016
Bookiemart01:
Really? People should borrow money to pay gtbank for the anomaly in it's system?

Please tell me how the fault is the customers fault. Will GTB ever refund a customerif the rates were 199 and the "system anomaly" charged their clients 299?

I think you should stop making this gtb thing your business because you were not affected. Whatever those who were affected decide to do about is totally nine of your business.

Now I see someone making common sense not some people that allow bank charge them official rate for inbound but come here to insult customers for accepting bank offer to charge them official rate as outbound.

1 Like

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by LUKINGUY(m): 11:07am On Mar 01, 2016
Hello,

Stanbic IBTC Just charged me N280 / $

1 Like

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by hemor(m): 11:08am On Mar 01, 2016
onatisi:

You don't need people to join you before fighting for what you believe in . If you know you are right then institute a court action against gtb and sue them for millions ,if you win it is all good. Great ppl don't wait for crowd or others to join them before fighting for whatever they know is right. If you know you have a case then go ahead and build a case against gtb
I'm not one of them I was just giving my opinion.
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by jorgan(m): 11:12am On Mar 01, 2016
Cul4real:

Bro, the thing tire me o, it's better the moderator changes the topic of the thread to "Monitoring daily exchange rates of foreign currencies for Gtbank & Stanbic IbTC" so we other bank customers don't disturb ourselves coming in

1 Like

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by bdavis: 11:18am On Mar 01, 2016
aikfrank:

aikfrank:
Please let's do this in one voice
https://www.nairaland.com/2964531/gtbank-online-purchase-fraud-affected#43377559

A thread was already created,

https://www.nairaland.com/2963306/class-action-suit-against-gtbank

to gather enough momentum and a Facebook page and twitter handle is already being worked on, which would soon be live.

onatisi:

No you don't but a class action suit carries more weight.

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Infinitikoncept(m): 12:23pm On Mar 01, 2016
bdavis:

A thread was already created,

to gather enough momentum and a Facebook page and twitter handle is already being worked on, which would soon be live.

No you don't but a class action suit carries more weight.

Thumbs up man
We say no to the corruption in the banking system
We say no to banks paying us official rates for inbound but black market rate for outbound
We say no to banks debiting us at a rate different from the transaction date rate.
We say enough of this intimidation and harassment.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) (166) (167) ... (908) (Reply)

This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper / The Xiaomi Thread Store / California(Los Angeles),pickup services..Online purchase..(Ebay/Amazon,walmart)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.