Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,960 members, 7,876,651 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 11:15 PM

Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< - Technology Market (418) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< (1241173 Views)

Buying Itunes and Amazon @ Good rates / Attractive Dollar Exchange Rates For Online Shoppers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (415) (416) (417) (418) (419) (420) (421) ... (908) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by dragnet: 8:40am On Oct 15, 2016
bozz007:
It's on their webpage sef 320 to a dollar
really?
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by tradeplusib: 8:56am On Oct 15, 2016
dragnet:
really?
Call it a send off gift or santas early xmas bonanza. .......

Yes, thats the first thing i checked too.

Now where are all those my abandoned stanbic cards sef? cool grin tongue
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Tabbaz(m): 9:01am On Oct 15, 2016
onatisi:

Bros you dont seem to understand what mavin is saying.
This is what I realized when I left Nigeria that when survival becomes difficult,achievement becomes impossible. Yes for those staying outside Nigeria ,to save may not be easy as those at home think. To earn dollars is was but to save it maybe hard. In Nigeria the situation is terrible,the nation is virtually on lockdown. When u go to naija u will realize what I am saying. When u are abroad to feed ,clothe or do normal things are easy although after those things there may not be much to save,food isn't any problem but in Nigeria even to feed comfortably and adequately is a real war for millions in Nigeria,now tell me is it the person who is finding it difficult to eat 3 square meals that will now think of saving of buying a house ?

I got your point bro. Our nation is exceeding elastic limit gradually. May it not reach yield point o.

1 Like

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by dragnet: 9:02am On Oct 15, 2016
tradeplusib:
Call it a send off gift or santas early xmas bonanza. .......

Yes, thats the first thing i checked too.

Now where are all those my abandoned stanbic cards sef? cool grin tongue
link to their page please?
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Tabbaz(m): 9:03am On Oct 15, 2016
Singapore1:

IRONY..

I am being sarcastic
Lol
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by tradeplusib: 9:04am On Oct 15, 2016
dragnet:

link to their page please?

Www.stanbicibtcbank.com middle right hand side

1 Like

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by dollaflow(m): 9:33am On Oct 15, 2016
$200 PayPal fund available
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Nobody: 9:37am On Oct 15, 2016
please whats stanbic new daily and monthly dollar limit before the end of d naira card era?
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by EnterPRO: 9:57am On Oct 15, 2016
Mariesio:

Hmmm , just tried now with $0.01 and #3.2 was withheld. I no trust that rate oooo. After they sent message that their card can't be used online . You better abandon the acc or else grin

Maybe CBN has directed all banks to sell MC dollars at interbank rates going forward, that's why they are all stopping the service?

4 Likes

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by dragnet: 10:01am On Oct 15, 2016
tradeplusib:

Www.stanbicibtcbank.com middle right hand side
seen, thanks.
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Mariesio: 10:01am On Oct 15, 2016
EnterPRO:

Maybe CBN has directed all banks to sell MC dollars at interbank rates going forward, that's why they are all stopping the service?

See bad belle
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by EnterPRO: 10:04am On Oct 15, 2016
Mariesio:

See bad belle

Depends.

If they sourced their current dollars higher than N320 they might not want to sell at a loss.
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by opeyemmmy(m): 10:04am On Oct 15, 2016
EnterPRO:

That's the case.

The directive is for the banks not to charge more than N5 above interbank rate... forgetting that with the persistent acute shortage of FX, there is hardly any bank that will able to settle their card transactions.
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by EnterPRO: 10:07am On Oct 15, 2016
opeyemmmy:

That's the case.

The directive is for the banks not to charge more than N5 above interbank rate... forgetting that with the persistent acute shortage of FX, there is hardly any bank that will able to settle their card transactions.

And they decided to lower limits to prevent round tripping.

Case solved.

Prophet Onatisi, that N1000/$ prediction go still far small oh.
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by EnterPRO: 10:11am On Oct 15, 2016
EnterPRO:

I wonder what rate others like gtb and Access are charging.
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by opeyemmmy(m): 10:17am On Oct 15, 2016
EnterPRO:

Case solved.

Yes. But then, that may not be enough, hence why most of the banks are stopping the service altogether. I don't expect any bank to settle card transactions at a loss, knowing that CBN is not doing enough to ease FX scarcity (and rate volatility) in the system.
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by mavinc4u(f): 10:24am On Oct 15, 2016
dragnet:
really?

Is N320. Called them to confirm
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by onatisi(m): 10:29am On Oct 15, 2016
EnterPRO:

Case solved.

I never said it will reach 1000,go through my comments again. But the whole system will crash with all these flip-flopping decisions ,every investor wants a clear laid out clean simple regulation. The cbn is desperately looking for a solution and the solution doesn't lie with them but with the political leaders and the masses. The truth is defending the naira with all these measures without increasing local productions is just a postponement of doomsday.
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by BizBloke(m): 10:31am On Oct 15, 2016
onatisi:

I never said it will reach 1000,go through my comments again. But the whole system will crash with all these flip-flopping decisions ,every investor wants a clear laid out clean simple regulation. The cbn is desperately looking for a solution and the solution doesn't lie with them but with the political leaders and the masses. The truth is defending the naira with all these measures without increasing local productions is just a postponement of doomsday.

Key! Local productions that can meet - or almost meet - the consumption capacity of the populace and export capacity too.
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by EnterPRO: 10:38am On Oct 15, 2016
onatisi:

Kk. Sorry about the 1000. Its still a possibility though. Next year maybe.

opeyemmmy:

Yes. But then, that may not be enough, hence why most of the banks are stopping the service altogether. I don't expect any bank to settle card transactions at a loss, knowing that CBN is not doing enough to ease FX scarcity (and rate volatility) in the system.

I'm expecting a spread of 320-350 on cards and 350-400 on the streets as Travelex eases pressure a little.

The current N470+ rate was highly due to speculation anyway.
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by onatisi(m): 10:42am On Oct 15, 2016
BizBloke:

Key! Local productions that can meet - or almost meet - the consumption capacity of the populace and export capacity too.
Honestly,they should have left the system the way it was,it was already getting to a point that the aboki rate and the bank rate was almost the same ,eventually it would have been the same . Export was already looking good and profitable while importation was starting to lose its attractiveness. Ppl would have been forced to look inward to produce in order to earn forex. It makes no sense strengthening ur currency when u virtually import every thing. Eventually speculators and forex buyers will troop into Nigeria and mop up the available forex that is what always happens then the nation will be back to square one

1 Like

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by onatisi(m): 10:47am On Oct 15, 2016
EnterPRO:

Kk. Sorry about the 1000. Its still a possibility though. Next year maybe.

I'm expecting a spread of 320-350 on cards and 350-400 on the streets as Travelex eases pressure a little.

rates are generally low during November to December because ppl troop into the country from abroad. Fx comes in a lot,most importers have already done their shopping in August and septem and those going for schooling abroad too left between that period ,that is the reason for the high price,now most importers are waiting for their goods to arrive and sell ,this is why the rates are low. But by Jan,it will pick up again.

1 Like

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by BizBloke(m): 10:54am On Oct 15, 2016
onatisi:

Honestly,they should have left the system the way it was,it was already getting to a point that the aboki rate and the bank rate was almost the same ,eventually it would have been the same . Export was already looking good and profitable while importation was starting to lose its attractiveness. Ppl would have been forced to look inward to produce in order to earn forex. It makes no sense strengthening ur currency when u virtually import every thing. Eventually speculators and forex buyers will troop into Nigeria and mop up the available forex that is what always happens then the nation will be back to square one

You've got great points but don't exactly go with leaving the system the way it was simply because lots of people out there will suffer and truthfully die if the dollar keeps rising and hits N700, N850, N1000. shocked shocked

Yet, what's happening now is only a temporary solution: a key indicator of a trial-and-error economic team, so they dabble into this and dabble into that, hoping that somehow, a quick fix will avail itself to cure Nigeria but that's never going to happen.

Sadly, the naira will still crash because the pillars giving it strength right about this week/weekend will still weaken. If factories aren't set up (with good and steady supply of electricity) for local production, consumption and exportation, the naira will keep crashing.

We've been running a mono-economy.

4 Likes

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by Opeyemi5(m): 11:02am On Oct 15, 2016
dollaflow:
$200 PayPal fund available
rate?

Called u said it's not available
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by opeyemmmy(m): 11:02am On Oct 15, 2016
EnterPRO:

I'm expecting a spread of 320-350 on cards

The directive was clear on a cap of N5 margin. Interbank rate for sometime now has been between N304.5 - N315; except the rate changes or CBN increases the margin, I don't expect card rate to be above N320.

and 350-400 on the streets as Travelex eases pressure a little.

350-400 at the black market is a long shot. CBN has not done so much to expect such. And for me, I don't think the arrangement with Travelex is sustainable... though I hope I'm wrong on this.
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by didymario7(m): 11:03am On Oct 15, 2016
Anyone still offering western union or moneygram services? I need to send some money to brazil. please state your rate.

Thanks
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by tradeplusib: 11:06am On Oct 15, 2016
Unfortunately as good as all these analysis seem you still have to accept that we have gotten ourself into a economic vicious cycle.

We cant pursue long term solutions without short term wedges, else things will truly fall apart.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by mavinc4u(f): 11:10am On Oct 15, 2016
opeyemmmy:

The directive was clear on a cap of N5 margin. Interbank rate for sometime now has been between N304.5 - N315; except the rate changes or CBN increases the margin, I don't expect card rate to be above N320.

350-400 at the black market is a long shot. CBN has not done so much to expect such. And for me, I don't think the arrangement with Travelex is sustainable... though I hope I'm wrong on this.

Access bank has 2 rates at the moment; N375 for master card and N430 for visa card though they said it will come down.
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by dragnet: 11:13am On Oct 15, 2016
mavinc4u:

Is N320. Called them to confirm

Alright, maybe I'll visit their office to know the terms and conditions for their usd cards they advised people to get.
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by EnterPRO: 11:21am On Oct 15, 2016
opeyemmmy:

Any idea when the N5 cap directive was issued?

Any links? Thanks.
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by opeyemmmy(m): 11:23am On Oct 15, 2016
mavinc4u:

Access bank has 2 rates at the moment; N375 for master card and N430 for visa card though they said it will come down.

What was it before today? I do expect them to review it downward in the coming days.
Re: Exchange Rates Of International Currencies >>>Updates on First Page<<< by mayorall(m): 11:47am On Oct 15, 2016
mavinc4u:

Access MasterCard isn't working online according to their customer service.

(1) (2) (3) ... (415) (416) (417) (418) (419) (420) (421) ... (908) (Reply)

This Thread Is Only For Aliexpress Shopper / The Xiaomi Thread Store / California(Los Angeles),pickup services..Online purchase..(Ebay/Amazon,walmart)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.