Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,133 members, 7,890,810 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 09:07 PM

Reps Speakership: Buhari APC, Forced Me To Contest – Gbajabiamila - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reps Speakership: Buhari APC, Forced Me To Contest – Gbajabiamila (281 Views)

Buhari Forced Me To Contest As Governor- El- Rufai / PDP Forced Me To Sign Fake Results–abia North Returning Officer / Reps Speakership: Buhari APC, Forced Me To Contest – Gbajabiamila (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Reps Speakership: Buhari APC, Forced Me To Contest – Gbajabiamila by ope2711(m): 8:46am On Aug 02, 2015
THE MAJORITY Leader in the House of Representatives, Honourable Femi Gbajabiamila, has asserted that but for the insistence of the leadership of the All Progressives Congress, APC, and President MuhammaduBuhari, he would have withdrawn from the race to contest for the position of the Speaker of the House of Representatives.
lost the Speakership to Hon. YakubuDogara and then entered a 49-day battle in the quest to clinch the position of the Majority Leader of the House.
Gbajabiamila, who said he was neither desperate to be Speaker nor Leader of the House, revealed that he had turned down the chance to be Deputy Speaker in 2011 following the rebellion that produced Hon AminuWaziriTambuwal as Speaker.
Instead he said opted to be a floor member then and would have been content to perform a similar role in the present dispensation had the leadership of his party not insisted on his being the House Leader.

Details
http://nigerianpilot.com/reps-speakership-buhari-apc-forced-me-to-contest-gbajabiamila/

Re: Reps Speakership: Buhari APC, Forced Me To Contest – Gbajabiamila by henchamb(m): 8:51am On Aug 02, 2015
These bloggers can b stvpid. Gbaji said he told him not to step down from house leader race and not speakership

(1) (Reply)

A Muscle Building Program Review - 7 Minute Muscle / Some People Want To Be Buried With Oro Festival, Some Dont / Human Being Vs Being Human

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.