Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,911 members, 7,872,952 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 05:13 AM

Its My Laptop And Pls I Need Help... - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Its My Laptop And Pls I Need Help... (1103 Views)

How Long Will 1gb Last If Am Using It To Watch Youtube Video On My Laptop? / Inec Battery For Laptop And Printer For Sale, Last 24hrs + Rechargeable / Usb Led Light For Ur Laptop And Powerbank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Its My Laptop And Pls I Need Help... by micheal5772: 7:03pm On Aug 02, 2015
I have a HP nc6220 LAPTOP AND IT WON'T START MOST OF THE TIME UNLESS I REMOVE THE BATTERY.
With the AC adapter plugged in and the battery installed it may
not start (mostly it will not unless the battery is removed.
Once it starts I can reinstall the battery and it works as it should. If I unplug the AC adapter and run it on battery it works just fine. It will restart if I wish to restart it, but once I shut it down, It won't power on again unless i repeat the first step....
ANY help WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED ... Thanks
Re: Its My Laptop And Pls I Need Help... by Nobody: 7:27pm On Aug 02, 2015
i think your battery is clearly faulty
Re: Its My Laptop And Pls I Need Help... by micheal5772: 7:42pm On Aug 02, 2015
ibotjaycob:
i think your battery is clearly faulty
That was what i thought at first, so i got a new battery yesterday and still happening... I really need help on how to get this fixed.
Re: Its My Laptop And Pls I Need Help... by banjicom(m): 7:50pm On Aug 02, 2015
micheal5772:
That was what i thought at first, so i got a new battery yesterday and still happening... I really need help on how to get this fixed.

It happens to my laptop too. You have too change your CMOS battery and it should solve d problem. It might also be a motherboard problem.
Re: Its My Laptop And Pls I Need Help... by Donald3d(m): 7:56pm On Aug 02, 2015
micheal5772:
it could be a power surge problem,caused by your charger ,or the power inlet on your laptop,try another charger
Re: Its My Laptop And Pls I Need Help... by micheal5772: 8:07pm On Aug 02, 2015
banjicom:

It happens to my laptop too. You have too change your CMOS battery and it should solve d problem. It might also be a motherboard problem.
really? But my laptop time is always updated... Which definitely means my CIMOS battery is still working fine... Or what do you suggest?
Re: Its My Laptop And Pls I Need Help... by micheal5772: 8:25pm On Aug 02, 2015
Donald3d:
it could be a power surge problem,caused by your charger ,or the power inlet on your laptop,try another charger
power ? Charger? To charge the new battery well rt ?
Re: Its My Laptop And Pls I Need Help... by Donald3d(m): 9:00pm On Aug 02, 2015
micheal5772:
power ? Charger? To charge the new battery well rt ?
naaa,here is the a simple analysis
Either excess current is entering the laptop as a result of the damage of certain ic or transistor in the charger

Or

There is a current leakage in the power port on the laptop causing it to short circuit ,making your system trip off or not even starting at all

My advice borrow a charger ,don't buy yet ,then try it if it still behaves the same way,then kindly come back here for a testimony or further complaints then we know what to do from there
Re: Its My Laptop And Pls I Need Help... by micheal5772: 9:51pm On Aug 02, 2015
Donald3d:
Either excess current is entering the laptop as a result of the damage of certain ic or transistor in the charger

Or

There is a current leakage in the power port on the laptop causing it to short circuit ,making your system trip off or not even starting at all

My advice borrow a charger ,don't buy yet ,then try it if it still behaves the same way,then kindly come back here for a testimony or further complaints then we know what to do from there
hmmm.... Wow , I REALLY APPRECIATE THIS SIR... And whatever the outcome is., I will post it up here... Thanks guys
Re: Its My Laptop And Pls I Need Help... by micheal5772: 7:29pm On Aug 03, 2015
Donald3d:

Or

i did as you said Sir. but the stuff is still the same ....
Re: Its My Laptop And Pls I Need Help... by Donald3d(m): 7:53pm On Aug 03, 2015
micheal5772:
i did as you said Sir. but the stuff is still the same ....
then u need to take it to an engineer the problem is most likely the second one(the power inlet),it might be sometin else though,but at dis point is way beyond you,except u are good at circuitry and soldering
Re: Its My Laptop And Pls I Need Help... by micheal5772: 7:58pm On Aug 03, 2015
Donald3d:
then u need to take it to an engineer the problem is most likely the second one(the power inlet),it might be sometin else though,but at dis point is way beyond you,except u are good at circuitry and soldering
hmmm, Thanks Sir... Am not really good at soldering .

(1) (Reply)

You Can Kick Your Boss And Get Away With It / Clean Hp 255 Laptop For Sale. / Technologies You Never Knew Existed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.