Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,545 members, 7,885,238 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 06:30 AM

Would You Ever Believe This A Police Barrack? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Would You Ever Believe This A Police Barrack? (42780 Views)

Hausa Men Take Cover In A Police Station After Clash With IPOB Members In Rivers / President Buhari Meets Barrack Obama (picture) / Nigerians Tear Twitter Apart Over Mugabe Marriage Proposal To Barrack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Ever Believe This A Police Barrack? by jihadis: 11:15am On Aug 03, 2015
They deserve worst than this.
Re: Would You Ever Believe This A Police Barrack? by oluwafifehan: 11:15am On Aug 03, 2015
What nonsence
Re: Would You Ever Believe This A Police Barrack? by bigerboy200: 11:15am On Aug 03, 2015
God will Judge our past leaders..especially the one that was distributing thousand of dollars to rulers so as to get re-elected. See hw people are suffering from left to right..anywhere u go is a story of suffering and suffering..
Re: Would You Ever Believe This A Police Barrack? by freeage7(m): 11:15am On Aug 03, 2015
Please, is the IG living there?
Re: Would You Ever Believe This A Police Barrack? by Nobody: 11:16am On Aug 03, 2015
If you compare this with the empire David Mark built for himself in the same Benue State, you would weep for Nigeria.
These politicians are beasts of the nation.
Re: Would You Ever Believe This A Police Barrack? by erico2k2(m): 11:18am On Aug 03, 2015
MadCow1:

Shut up your mouth before I swear that you get killed by a stray bullet.. angry

How much is their salary?

What it the salary of an entry level officer (Corporal) in the Nigerian Police?

What is their net annual pay?

An officer killed or injured in the line of duty, what's his insurance cover payout like?

You better use reverse and park well before you price market wey you no fit buy..

Because your father is feeding you fat does not give you the right to open your overfed mouth and spill trash.

ok Im not going to repeat the insults you just poured on me but teach you basic manners,
1 police get monthly deductions from their salaries,,it was N20K monthly when I use to live at my Uncle who was an inspector,(Alausa)
2 some wise police officers opted out took the money instead and rented privately
3 Some build their own houses and moved in escaping this kind of life
4 The retrieved moneys in form of contribution form their salaries never gets invested back into the barracks,it gets absorbed by the OGA at the top
Now you may ask yourself why do they not opt out of this option,reason,
1 they like to live among police
2,they wont pay light bill
3,they wont pay for water
4,often close to work so no transport as lift to site is always on teh card
Now talking about salary, the police earn more than teachers,compare the lives of the police to that of the teachers.?
Thought for you, learn to put your point across without insulting the person cos you might learn a thing or two,I lived in a Barack for up to 5 years in Lagos, I'm talking about Alausa police Barack Ikeja near government house.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Ever Believe This A Police Barrack? by seangy4konji: 11:19am On Aug 03, 2015
That place looks cozy...

Go and check out the IDF camps and you will know this place looks like chevron estate or babananana island.

Naija hail thee...

3rd world country but its getting better...
Re: Would You Ever Believe This A Police Barrack? by ThisMeansWAR: 11:21am On Aug 03, 2015
why do police need barracks anyway?
even the colonial masters that brought the idea of police barracks don't use it anymore.

government should increase their salary and probably give them house allowance so they can live in their own house.
Re: Would You Ever Believe This A Police Barrack? by koboko69: 11:22am On Aug 03, 2015
COME AND SEE DILAPIDATED BLOCKS OF FLATS AT ARMY BARRACKS TOO
Re: Would You Ever Believe This A Police Barrack? by erico2k2(m): 11:22am On Aug 03, 2015
searching4love:

u are brainless
Ok tell me waht part of my post makes you think I'm brainless? lets see where you make sense cos like i said, police infrastructure is down to state level just like pry schools.
Re: Would You Ever Believe This A Police Barrack? by milkymesh: 11:23am On Aug 03, 2015
How old are you. You sound one attained adulthood during GEJ administration. Probably you are not aware of the rot in the system,since independence. Do they still teach history and government in school these days.
Please make google your friend.
Thanks.

searching4love:
[size=13pt]THIS IS WHY GEJ SHOULD BE PROBED AND SENTENCED TO LIFE JAIL. HE WASTED OUR RESOURCES AND OUR OIL MONEY ON IRRELEVANCIES. CORRUPTION THRIVED UNDER HIS WATCH AND MASSIVE FRAUDS. IT AFFECTED THE COUNTRY SO MUCH THAT MANY STATES CANT PAY SALARIES. MANY PENSIONERS STARVED TO DEATH DUE TO GEJ'S WASTAGE. HE MUST BE PROBED. WE SOUTH WESTERNERS WILL NOT FORGIVE BUHARI IF HE LETS GEJ WALKS FREE AFTER LOOTING ALL THE PROCEEDS FROM OUR OIL SALES angry[/size]
Re: Would You Ever Believe This A Police Barrack? by djzeez1990(m): 11:25am On Aug 03, 2015
This is unbelievable.
Re: Would You Ever Believe This A Police Barrack? by MadCow1: 11:26am On Aug 03, 2015
erico2k2:

ok Im not going to repeat the insults you just poured on me but teach you basic manners,
1 police get monthly deductions from their salaries,,it was N20K monthly when I use to live at my Uncle who was an inspector,(Alausa)
2 some wise police officers opted out took the money instead and rented privately
3 Some build their own houses and moved in escaping this kind of life
4 The retrieved moneys in form of contribution form their salaries never gets invested back into the barracks,it gets absorbed by the OGA at the top
Now you may ask yourself why do they not opt out of this option,reason,
1 they like to live among police
2,they wont pay light bill
3,they wont pay for water
4,often close to work so no transport as lift to site is always on teh card
Now talking about salary, the police earn more than teachers,compare the lives of the police to that of the teachers.?
Thought for you, learn to put your point across without insulting the person cos you might learn a thing or two,I lived in a Barack for up to 5 years in Lagos, I'm talking about Alausa police Barack Ikeja near government house.

How much is the basic entry level salary of a Nigerian Police corporal sir..

As of 2010, a constable was taking about 450 thousand per annum.. That's 37500 per month.

How much can their housing allowance possibly be and what type of accommodation can it fetch them especially those in cities like Lagos and Abuja?
Re: Would You Ever Believe This A Police Barrack? by phyness(m): 11:28am On Aug 03, 2015
Gud 4 dem
Thy deserves it
Re: Would You Ever Believe This A Police Barrack? by watchindelta(m): 11:29am On Aug 03, 2015
does animals deserve it ohhh. op but no evidence oh?
Re: Would You Ever Believe This A Police Barrack? by hollowpot15684(m): 11:30am On Aug 03, 2015
This place is devastating for humans to live, weda its meant for police or not.
Re: Would You Ever Believe This A Police Barrack? by prudentcy(m): 11:31am On Aug 03, 2015
HungerBAD:
Is this some kind of joke? But Nigeria Police are animals anyway, so deserve to live in this pigsty.

grin grin grin
Re: Would You Ever Believe This A Police Barrack? by ontalenu1(m): 11:31am On Aug 03, 2015
This is a village not barrack
Re: Would You Ever Believe This A Police Barrack? by DanielPop(m): 11:32am On Aug 03, 2015
Perhaps it didnt occur to you that they became what they are presently because of the environment they found themselves?

HungerBAD:
Is this some kind of joke? But Nigeria Police are animals anyway, so deserve to live in this pigsty.
Re: Would You Ever Believe This A Police Barrack? by Ajgal10(f): 11:32am On Aug 03, 2015
searching4love:
[size=13pt]THIS IS WHY GEJ SHOULD BE PROBED AND SENTENCED TO LIFE JAIL. HE WASTED OUR RESOURCES AND OUR OIL MONEY ON IRRELEVANCIES. CORRUPTION THRIVED UNDER HIS WATCH AND MASSIVE FRAUDS. IT AFFECTED THE COUNTRY SO MUCH THAT MANY STATES CANT PAY SALARIES. MANY PENSIONERS STARVED TO DEATH DUE TO GEJ'S WASTAGE. HE MUST BE PROBED. WE SOUTH WESTERNERS WILL NOT FORGIVE BUHARI IF HE LETS GEJ WALKS FREE AFTER LOOTING ALL THE PROCEEDS FROM OUR OIL SALES angry[/size]
@
Who is this One? If you are Above 18 and You are writting This it means you dont even have shame.From 1999 to 2007,what did the governments before the Jonathan Administration leave behind as a legacy in this country? What foundation did they leave for jonathan to Build on? Why must Gej be Nigerias political Scape Goat? If ure jobless go find a job and stop writting crap pls.

1 Like

Re: Would You Ever Believe This A Police Barrack? by erico2k2(m): 11:34am On Aug 03, 2015
MadCow1:

How much is the basic entry level salary of a Nigerian Police corporal sir..

As of 2010, a constable was taking about 450 thousand per annum.. That's 37500 per month.

How much can their housing allowance possibly be and what type of accommodation can it fetch them especially those in cities like Lagos and Abuja?
ok I think you just grasp a basic sense of what Im talking about ,now at 37K a month is that not more than waht teachers earn? do teachers get housing?THis is my point,they have all the options of not living in such conditions, teachers live i n lagos too,the pay their own rents too?the fact is this, Govt cannot sustaine this practice, its high time people start thinking out of the bag.My sister is a teacher and at entry level she never earned as much as my relative who was a police officer.
NB,Im not being fed by my father thank you very much, he fed me last in the uni, that was 1998,check my post,you might just get an idea of whom you are chatting to.

3 Likes

Re: Would You Ever Believe This A Police Barrack? by Nobody: 11:37am On Aug 03, 2015
The story buildings in pwd ikeja are at the brink of collapse.The structures and pillars have weakened.The police authority are not complaining though.
Re: Would You Ever Believe This A Police Barrack? by pimoski: 11:44am On Aug 03, 2015
Oooh my Gush shocked shocked shocked cry cry
Re: Would You Ever Believe This A Police Barrack? by MadCow1: 11:45am On Aug 03, 2015
erico2k2:

ok I think you just grasp a basic sense of what Im talking about ,now at 37K a month is that not more than waht teachers earn? do teachers get housing?THis is my point,they have all the options of not living in such conditions, teachers live i n lagos too,the pay their own rents too?the fact is this, Govt cannot sustaine this practice, its high time people start thinking out of the bag.My sister is a teacher and at entry level she never earned as much as my relative who was a police officer.
NB,Im not being fed by my father thank you very much, he fed me last in the uni, that was 1998,check my post,you might just get an idea of whom you are chatting to.

My apologies.. I was just being obnoxious with my first post..

Still.. It's easy to suggest that they do this or that but the sad truth is that a whole lot has got to change.

A police officer with wife and kids (lord knows they do have em) can't be living on 37'k per month (1250 per day) and be expected to provide accommodation, shelter, education, water, food, telephone and all for his family.

The barracks can be better run and set up than this. If our Senators quarters (who are better paid and catered for and protected by the Police) don't look like this then what's the point you are making?

Army barracks are equally just as bad. Should we have them move out and go rent their own?

When you said the govt can't keep providing these barracks, I wonder what they can then provide seeing as they don't provide anything for anyone.

Please stop transferring the failures of the government to officers who do the most dangerous job on a minimum wage salary. Even Bricklayers earn better than the police.
Re: Would You Ever Believe This A Police Barrack? by eyeon(m): 11:55am On Aug 03, 2015
THEY LIVE IN GHETTOS.

1 Like

Re: Would You Ever Believe This A Police Barrack? by erico2k2(m): 11:55am On Aug 03, 2015
MadCow1:

My apologies.. I was just being obnoxious with my first post..

Still.. It's easy to suggest that they do this or that but the sad truth is that a whole lot has got to change.

A police officer with wife and kids (lord knows they do have em) can't be living on 37'k per month (1250 per day) and be expected to provide accommodation, shelter, education, water, food, telephone and all for his family.

The barracks can be better run and set up than this. If our Senators quarters (who are better paid and catered for and protected by the Police) don't look like this then what's the point you are making?

Army barracks are equally just as bad. Should we have them move out and go rent their own?

When you said the govt can't keep providing these barracks, I wonder what they can then provide seeing as they don't provide anything for anyone.

Please stop transferring the failures of the government to officers who do the most dangerous job on a minimum wage salary. Even Bricklayers earn better than the police.
I get yah, I'm not in anyway supportive the govt of the day regarding this issue but me and you are the govt, change starts from within.Jobs like Police,the Army and Health workers will never be valued with pay never,even in teh developed world,soldiers get paid rubbish pay.I think the police and the army should be for those who want to live in a certain way of life.Do you remember when NEPA staff where not paying electricity bills?.My point in the whole housing issue is this,somebody somewhere gets monthly allocations from teh FG in the pretense of upgrading these buildings.They pocket these monies,take away these allocation let everyone find their own accommodation kills that drain on public funds.My idea would be for the FG to directly pay this housing allowance to the officers,I think in today's money it will be up to 30K cos in 1997 it was like 20K deduction.I thought it was free until my uncle who was an officer told me nahh no way *we get deduction from our pay*
NB apologies accepted we all learn day by day,facts are hard to get but we are getting there,thanks to Internet and platforms like this,Nigerians are getting wiser.
Re: Would You Ever Believe This A Police Barrack? by possibilita(m): 11:56am On Aug 03, 2015
Yes I believe,that's a police HQ in 1922
Re: Would You Ever Believe This A Police Barrack? by otunbashonny(m): 11:59am On Aug 03, 2015
babadem2much:
THIS ONE WEY BE LIKE ABUJA OWN. I WILL POST THE WORST ONE. BUT LETS BR SINCERE
THEY DON'T DESERVE THIS

Honestly they do. I hate them for these reasons below.

Extortion.
Corruption.
Jealousy.
Incompetency.
Hypocrisy.
Wicked.

You can add urs if u feel the same way I feel for them.

1 Like

Re: Would You Ever Believe This A Police Barrack? by comfortergirl(f): 12:03pm On Aug 03, 2015
This is unbelievable he be like my village primary school
Re: Would You Ever Believe This A Police Barrack? by babadem2much(m): 12:03pm On Aug 03, 2015
otunbashonny:

Honestly they do. I hate them for these reasons below.

Extortion.
Corruption.
Jealousy.
Incompetency.
Hypocrisy.

Wicked.

You can add urs if u feel the same way I feel for them.

Abeg dem be people papa oo, they have responsibilities
Re: Would You Ever Believe This A Police Barrack? by ogedax: 12:05pm On Aug 03, 2015
[that is what the nigeria military men are facing,go to army barracks they even pair offices old dirty flat to live in.with chicken and goat in the empty windowless parlour very disgusting.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Aisha Buhari Calls On The IGP To Release Her Detained Staff / Dogara Has Declared War Against Buhari, Party, Says Pro-gbajabiamila Group / We Won’t Recognise Buhari As President Beyond May 29 – Opposition Parties

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.