Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,287 members, 7,881,069 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 11:50 AM

We’re Shocked By Buhari’s Support For Gbajabiamila —PDP Reps - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We’re Shocked By Buhari’s Support For Gbajabiamila —PDP Reps (1065 Views)

Buhari Support Organisation Moves To Shut Down Senate / Edo 2016: Aisha Buhari’s Support For Obaseki Is Laughable — Mrs Akande / How Buhari Got House Leader Job For Gbajabiamila - Vanguard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We’re Shocked By Buhari’s Support For Gbajabiamila —PDP Reps by ijustdey: 9:03am On Aug 03, 2015
The Peoples Democratic Party caucus at the House of Representatives said on Sunday that its members were in shock to hear that President Muhammadu Buhari actually supported the ambition of Mr. Femi Gbajabiamila to be the Majority Leader of the 8th Assembly.

Gbajabiamila, an All Progressives Congress lawmaker from Lagos State, initially wanted to be the Speaker but he lost the election to an APC member from Bauchi State, Mr. Yakubu Dogara.

Following a 49-day leadership tussle, Gbajabiamila eventually emerged on Tuesday last week as the Majority Leader of the House.

However, the PDP lawmakers stated on Sunday that the latest revelation that the President was backing Gbajabiamila to be the Majority Leader went contrary to his initial public declaration that he would remain neutral in the choices of the principal officers of the National Assembly.

At an interactive session with journalists in Abuja last Friday, Gbajabiamila had disclosed how he wanted to opt out of the race for principal officers but was prevented by the President.

The Lagos lawmaker had said, “But, on principle, the President did not accept it (that he should give up fighting); my party did not accept it and I thank God for the kind of confidence they have in me to be able to deliver the goods for the party.

“Who am I to say no? It was on principle that we stayed on course.”

The Minority Whip of the House, Mr. Yakubu Barde, who spoke on behalf of the caucus, noted that it would appear that the President did not tell Nigerians the truth when he earlier said that he was not interested in whoever emerged as principal officers in the legislature.

He added that the majority leader’s revelation had also thrown up the question as to who between Buhari and Gbajabiamila had lied to Nigerians.

The caucus whip stated, “However, with the latest revelation by Gbajabiamila, we are not sure who is telling the truth between the two men.

“It is either one of them lied to Nigerians or both men jointly and separately lied.

“If as Gbajabiamila claimed, Buhari did influence his emergence as House leader, it will rather be unfortunate that the President is not a man of his words and Nigerians should now begin to scrutinise every word that emanates from him.

“We are alarmed by this development because it portends grave danger for our democracy and the independence of the legislature.

“The President must resist the temptation to use his power and influence to compromise the institution of the National Assembly by directly involving himself in the process of emergence of the principal officers of the House.”

The PDP caucus said the development also suggested that the President belonged to “a few people” as against his inauguration declaration of “I belong to everybody and I belong to nobody.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/were-shocked-by-buharis-support-for-gbajabiamila-pdp-reps/
Re: We’re Shocked By Buhari’s Support For Gbajabiamila —PDP Reps by Nobody: 9:04am On Aug 03, 2015
one thing's for sure!

PDP and APC will always contradict each other.
Re: We’re Shocked By Buhari’s Support For Gbajabiamila —PDP Reps by muri4mig(m): 9:06am On Aug 03, 2015
it is important to note that PMB is the leader of the ruling party. so the onus lies on him to ensure their is peace among the party faithful. it is also important to note that as the leader of the party, he cannot fold his arm and allowed the warring parties (Gbaja and Dogora) to continue fight dirty at the expense of the party's ethics. instead of the wailing wailers to praise PBM for settling the rancor at the house to avoid further national embarrassment, they are busy criticizing PMB for doing the needful.
Re: We’re Shocked By Buhari’s Support For Gbajabiamila —PDP Reps by Erukumakanaki: 9:12am On Aug 03, 2015
the shocking never start!

Wait till Baba start prosecuting Each and every Corrupt Embezzlers hiding under that Fraudulent UMBRELLA angry
Re: We’re Shocked By Buhari’s Support For Gbajabiamila —PDP Reps by Mogidi: 9:24am On Aug 03, 2015
ok
Re: We’re Shocked By Buhari’s Support For Gbajabiamila —PDP Reps by seunmsg(m): 9:27am On Aug 03, 2015
What's PDP's business with who Buhari supports for house leadership? It was entirely an APC affair so PDP should please face front and mind their own business.
Re: We’re Shocked By Buhari’s Support For Gbajabiamila —PDP Reps by Nobody: 9:29am On Aug 03, 2015
Erukumakanaki:
the shocking never start!

Wait till Baba start prosecuting Each and every Corrupt Embezzlers hiding under that Fraudulent UMBRELLA angry

Kilode! I don catch you today
Re: We’re Shocked By Buhari’s Support For Gbajabiamila —PDP Reps by EdCure: 9:30am On Aug 03, 2015
How is APC's matter now a pdp business?
These wailing wailers and hunted witches should concentrate on recent happenings at Wadata Plaza. That's where the dramas, chocks and intrigues are.

3 Likes

Re: We’re Shocked By Buhari’s Support For Gbajabiamila —PDP Reps by Erukumakanaki: 9:51am On Aug 03, 2015
Oyind17:

Kilode! I don catch you today
undecided undecided
Re: We’re Shocked By Buhari’s Support For Gbajabiamila —PDP Reps by Chiaka(f): 10:33am On Aug 03, 2015
Buhari always talking from both sides of his mouth!
Re: We’re Shocked By Buhari’s Support For Gbajabiamila —PDP Reps by henchamb(m): 11:10am On Aug 03, 2015
they have never been happy
always wailing
they can use the lagoon pool to cool off
Re: We’re Shocked By Buhari’s Support For Gbajabiamila —PDP Reps by Nobody: 12:00pm On Aug 03, 2015
and so? @pdpigsss
Re: We’re Shocked By Buhari’s Support For Gbajabiamila —PDP Reps by JoshGiantfeet(m): 12:00pm On Aug 03, 2015
EroticAngelina:
one thing's for sure!
PDP and APC will always contradict each other.

GOD BLESS YOU FOREVER.
Re: We’re Shocked By Buhari’s Support For Gbajabiamila —PDP Reps by omowolewa: 12:40pm On Aug 03, 2015
Why would my next door neighbor be angry over my father's support for me?

Omo eni kii sedi bebere kakoleke sidi omo elomiran (apologies to ladies with "idi bebere"wink

(1) (Reply)

In tears! Heatwave killed thousands in India&Pakistan. Tornado in China & Taiwan / Buhari Appoints Tax Chief With Fraudulent Degree - The FCT Post / The Ministers Nigeria Needs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.