Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,855 members, 7,893,310 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 July 2024 at 08:26 AM

Why I Wasn’t Moved By Orubebe’s Outburst – Prof Attahiru Jega - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Wasn’t Moved By Orubebe’s Outburst – Prof Attahiru Jega (1577 Views)

Attahiru Jega Disappointed Me, Says Jonathan / Lai Mohammed, Abba Kyari, El-Rufai & Attahiru Jega Meet At Kaduna Airport (PICS) / Why I Wasn’t Moved By Orubebe’s Outburst – Jega (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Wasn’t Moved By Orubebe’s Outburst – Prof Attahiru Jega by OduntanGabriel(m): 4:31pm On Aug 03, 2015
The immediate past Chairman of the Independent
National Electoral Commission (INEC), Professor
Attahiru Jega, said at the weekend that he was
satisfied with the apology offered by a former
Minister of Niger Delta Affairs, Elder Godsday
Orubebe over his unruly behaviour during the
collation of results at the last presidential
election .
Speaking in Ilorin, Kwara State, where he
attended the 80th birthday ceremony of a former
National Commissioner of INEC, Dr. Abdulkadir
Oniyangi, the Bayero University Kano lecturer said
he had since forgotten about the matter.
It would be recalled that Orubebe, who was the
PDP agent during the last election, accused Jega
of bias and almost brought the collation process
to a premature end but for the display of maturity
by the former INEC boss, which brought the
unexpected situation under control, and the
announcement of results went ahead.
Jega advised Nigerians to put Orubebe’s
performance behind and move on in building on
the gains of the last election, which he said met
the requirements of international best practices.
He said: “I think the Orubebe’s incident is behind
us, and we should just move on and not be held
back by it. I was made to understand that a day
or two after the incident, Mr. Orubebe made a
public apology through the news media and I
think that is sufficient enough”.
“I think the challenges for us include ensuring
that statesmen act as they should. And under all
circumstances, we must control our emotions and
resist the temptation of making wild allegations,
which can disrupt a process as important as the
election. But I think we all learnt something from
the elections”, he added.
The former INEC boss, who has now returned to
the lecture room at BUK, said he was delighted to
be back.
He also expressed optimism that INEC will
continue to work on the voters’ register.
source : www.ngtrends.com/2015/08/why-i-wasnt-moved-by-orubebes-outburst-during-election-collation-exercise-prof-attahiru-jega/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter

cc : lalasticlala

Re: Why I Wasn’t Moved By Orubebe’s Outburst – Prof Attahiru Jega by Nobody: 4:31pm On Aug 03, 2015
undecided
Re: Why I Wasn’t Moved By Orubebe’s Outburst – Prof Attahiru Jega by kamair237(m): 4:32pm On Aug 03, 2015
Re: Why I Wasn’t Moved By Orubebe’s Outburst – Prof Attahiru Jega by XavierBlue(m): 4:33pm On Aug 03, 2015
source?

XavierBlue

1 Like

Re: Why I Wasn’t Moved By Orubebe’s Outburst – Prof Attahiru Jega by kossyablaze(m): 4:41pm On Aug 03, 2015
Source?

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Wasn’t Moved By Orubebe’s Outburst – Prof Attahiru Jega by Juxtified(m): 4:52pm On Aug 03, 2015
A great man, this Jega. An inspiration to us all

1 Like

Re: Why I Wasn’t Moved By Orubebe’s Outburst – Prof Attahiru Jega by Adeyinka12(m): 5:07pm On Aug 03, 2015
Jegaquin himself
Re: Why I Wasn’t Moved By Orubebe’s Outburst – Prof Attahiru Jega by Smooyis(m): 5:07pm On Aug 03, 2015
Great talk. Self control is all we need in both personal and public matters.
Re: Why I Wasn’t Moved By Orubebe’s Outburst – Prof Attahiru Jega by kokoA(m): 5:12pm On Aug 03, 2015
Hope he will be that calm with his students sha. Children of nowadays can be annoying o. Person fit dey ping, watch mojo, etc for lecture hall. I hope he has enough "jega" to keep him going.
Re: Why I Wasn’t Moved By Orubebe’s Outburst – Prof Attahiru Jega by Nobody: 5:16pm On Aug 03, 2015
Okkk
Re: Why I Wasn’t Moved By Orubebe’s Outburst – Prof Attahiru Jega by vecman22(m): 5:51pm On Aug 03, 2015
I need dat man kinds of wisdom....
Re: Why I Wasn’t Moved By Orubebe’s Outburst – Prof Attahiru Jega by Nobody: 5:53pm On Aug 03, 2015
I can't fit laugh cheesy
Re: Why I Wasn’t Moved By Orubebe’s Outburst – Prof Attahiru Jega by Bibidear(f): 5:54pm On Aug 03, 2015
Wow,this is great,i love patient and courageous peope
Re: Why I Wasn’t Moved By Orubebe’s Outburst – Prof Attahiru Jega by abduljabbar4(m): 6:09pm On Aug 03, 2015
Jega my role model
Re: Why I Wasn’t Moved By Orubebe’s Outburst – Prof Attahiru Jega by holatin(m): 6:20pm On Aug 03, 2015
Jega is partial
jega is tribalist

Orubebe d international embarrassment and an hero to the wailing wailer.

thump up jega

(1) (Reply)

See Photos From The Accident At Lekki 2nd Toll Gate This Morning / Magazeti Ya Leo Alhamisi Agosti Tarehe 27/8/2015 / Ex-Kogi State Senator Daughter,Deola Gets A N5.6m Wristwatch 4rm Her Mum(Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.