Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,174,160 members, 7,890,931 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 July 2024 at 01:50 AM

Five Important Things You Need To Discuss Before Getting Married - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Five Important Things You Need To Discuss Before Getting Married (498 Views)

Why Are Men Scared Of Getting Married? / I Am Getting Married , Engagement Pictures / Don’t Have Sex With Him Till You Consider These 3 Important Things (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Five Important Things You Need To Discuss Before Getting Married by fissie: 1:00pm On Aug 04, 2015
We are so much in a hurry these days that we skip important conversations, this could be part of the reason why there so many divorces. Marriage is a very important step and being in love is not enough. We also need to have the right conversation before we take that step that can totally alter our destiny.

1. Know each other’s medical background: don’t be so caught up in your feeling that you don’t undergo the necessary medical tests to be sure of your compatibility. Most times I suggest people should ask their partners about this once it is established that there is good chance at a great relationship because it is easier to quit before things get really deep with our emotions being in the way. Another reason is to know if the other person is medically fit and in case of any mental or communicable diseases. I am not saying this necessarily have to be a deal breaker but at least you have tol be well informed about what you are about getting into. I’ll say however that marriage really does have its own drama that you might not want to stress or stretch your bond.

2. Agree on faith: Our faith forms major part of our personality and our way of life. There so many Christians in the world today with different brands of Christianity. Do you share the same ideals? Some Pentecostals don’t think Catholics share their view on faith. This also goes for some Jehovah witnesses. So you need to be sure you are on the same page.

3. Agree on Finances: This can be a very sensitive subject... See more at http://www.covenantrelationships.org/2015/08/five-important-things-you-need-to.html
Re: Five Important Things You Need To Discuss Before Getting Married by Blizzyblinkzy(f): 1:40pm On Aug 04, 2015
Ok

(1) (Reply)

11 Ways To Survive A Terrible Breakup. / Just My Thought / Ladies Do You Feel Any Regret Knowing He May Not....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.