Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,727 members, 7,875,822 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 10:22 PM

42 Ways To Know You Are A Real Lagosian - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 42 Ways To Know You Are A Real Lagosian (695 Views)

Our Children Are Turning Into Prostitutes, We Are Suffering, Tell PMB -Lagosian / Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu Rode On A Horse To Celebrate Xmas With Lagosian / I Am More Lagosian Than Igbo -kachikwu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

42 Ways To Know You Are A Real Lagosian by segtak25: 3:00pm On Aug 05, 2015
Lagos which is referred by most nigerians as the land of opportunity for everyone.. There are innumerable streets and roads that pave the city of Lagos and some of these streets are famous around the country. Both locals and visitors always want to visit them whenever they are in the area. Walking along the streets of Lagos is always captivatig or even boring , because each street has his own belief , behaviour and character.
If you have experienced at least 10 of the following symptoms then you can proudly lay claim to be a real Lagosian.

1. You break out in cold sweat at the thought of traveling on Third Mainland Bridge.

2. When driving you panic and make a detour when you spot the men in black and white popularly called vehicle inspection officials.

3. You are wary of strangers.

4. You have argued or even fought with a bus conductor when joined in ‘marriage’ of looking for change with another passenger.

5. You are always in a hurry even when not late for your appointment.

6. You complain about the stress of living in Lagos but have never thought of moving out to another city.

7. When you travel out of Lagos, you become nostalgic, miss the city badly and always want to come back.

8. You have friends from every part of Nigeria.

9. You look forward to Fridays.

10. You look forward to the weekend.

11. You were once a member of an orthodox church in your village but began attending a Pentecostal church when you arrived in Lagos.

12. You have been to Afropolitan Vibes at Freedom Park and danced to Lagos Jump.

13. You hate commercial buses but don’t have a choice.

14. You desperately dream to own your own car.

15. You don’t really like politics but have sympathy for the All Progressives Congress.

16. You have heard negative stories about Tinubu but wish you met him one day.

17. You fear LASTMA officials.

18. You hate your landlord.

19. You desperately want to buy a land to be rid of Lagos landlords.

20. You dread rainy season.

21. You hate the police and do not want to touch them with a long pole.

22. You hate the sight of a police station.

23. You live in the suburbs but dream to move to Lekki when you make good.

24. You have attended an Owambe party and have taken the Yoruba style Aso Ebi.

25. You have a Yoruba or Igbo friend or other friends from different parts of Nigeria.

26. You work on Lagos Island but live in the outskirt of town.

27. You have had a scary experience on okada.

28. You have long wanted to visit Badagry slave route but never got round to accomplishing the dream.

30. You hate traffic and do everything to avoid being caught in one.

31. You have been to Shoprite or Silverbird Galleria when it first opened to buy things you don’t need just brag about being there.

32. You entered an expensive boutique to prize expensive clothes and promised the sales girl you will be back knowing you won’t be found anywhere near the place again.

33. You have bought ‘’bend-down-select’ second hand used clothes only pass them off as new to friends.

34. You have a family member of friend abroad and have seen him or her off to the airport.

35. You have been to the beach with friends and taken selfies.

36. You have bought Gala and Coke while in traffic.

37. If you are Igbo, you have a Yoruba friend and have been to your friend’s family’s Owambe party.

38. If you are Yoruba, you have a close Igbo friend who is so dear to you that you have become like family.

39. You have lived in Lagos all your life and fantasize traveling to the Northern part of Nigeria.

40. You hate area boys and agberos (street urchins) but powerless to remove them from the streets or clamp them in jail.

41. You are smart and street wise.

42. You argued with your friends at the vendor’s shop everyday especially on a monday morning…

source : http://streetgist.com/42-ways-to-know-you-are-a-real-lagosian/
Re: 42 Ways To Know You Are A Real Lagosian by ladyF(f): 3:01pm On Aug 05, 2015
Lol

Some points on the list are not entirely tree tho
Re: 42 Ways To Know You Are A Real Lagosian by undercurrent(m): 3:02pm On Aug 05, 2015
Maybe the person below has something tangible to say.
Re: 42 Ways To Know You Are A Real Lagosian by arisekola77: 3:07pm On Aug 05, 2015
abeg pass me #50 gala
Re: 42 Ways To Know You Are A Real Lagosian by Nobody: 3:08pm On Aug 05, 2015
you have been on a particular okada and you know the risk of an accident is 98% yet you hold your breath in prayers till you get down knowing deep within you that just dodged a bullet
Re: 42 Ways To Know You Are A Real Lagosian by Adeyinka12(m): 3:09pm On Aug 05, 2015
That no 6 and 7 ehn sure pass
Re: 42 Ways To Know You Are A Real Lagosian by segtak25: 3:19pm On Aug 05, 2015
cc lalasticlala
Re: 42 Ways To Know You Are A Real Lagosian by Nobody: 3:32pm On Aug 05, 2015
Lagos, the pride of Nigeria. The only state that accommodates every Nigerian to the extent that some have forgotten where they come from and will want to die for it anytime.

The only place in Nigeria you are sure your hustle will pay off so far you are not lazy. The centre of excellence, business, unity and the glory of Nigeria.

You might not pride yourself as the most successful state but anybody that steps into you will surely taste from your success because you are truly a land of success.

Welcome to Lagos state, south west, Nigeria.

Eko o'ni baje o cool

1 Like

Re: 42 Ways To Know You Are A Real Lagosian by Chidexter(m): 3:39pm On Aug 05, 2015
I'll read it when i'm back
Re: 42 Ways To Know You Are A Real Lagosian by segtak25: 3:39pm On Aug 05, 2015
more reply pls
Re: 42 Ways To Know You Are A Real Lagosian by Chidexter(m): 3:50pm On Aug 05, 2015
Land of Risks, Bizzare tales, Technology, just name it.
I love Enugu, I Love Lagos,....
I Love Nigeria
Re: 42 Ways To Know You Are A Real Lagosian by segtak25: 3:51pm On Aug 05, 2015
what do you think?

cc lalasticlala
Re: 42 Ways To Know You Are A Real Lagosian by segtak25: 9:19pm On Aug 05, 2015
Obiagelli:
you have been on a particular okada and you know the risk of an accident is 98% yet you hold your breath in prayers till you get down knowing deep within you that just dodged a bullet
OMG you are right
Re: 42 Ways To Know You Are A Real Lagosian by segtak25: 10:47am On Aug 06, 2015
Chidexter:
Land of Risks, Bizzare tales, Technology, just name it.
I love Enugu, I Love Lagos,....
I Love Nigeria
abi

(1) (Reply)

Man In Court After Slapping Judge In Ekiti / Conversation Between Jonathan And His Aide... / Is This Really Shekau??? Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.