Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,371 members, 7,947,611 topics. Date: Friday, 13 September 2024 at 03:08 AM

Wada Lied, How The Igalas Marginalized Okun, Ebira In Kogi – Adaba - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wada Lied, How The Igalas Marginalized Okun, Ebira In Kogi – Adaba (1232 Views)

Igbos Are Being Marginalized And This Is Evidence - Reno Omokri. / Idris Wada Holding His Governorship Certificate Upside Down / 2015 Kogi Guber Poll: APC Primary Election And Okun, Ebira Actions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wada Lied, How The Igalas Marginalized Okun, Ebira In Kogi – Adaba by salterswan: 5:32pm On Aug 05, 2015
The Chairman, Media & Publicity, Kogi West and Central Forum for Equity and Justice, Tom Adaba, has spoken about what he terms marginalization of the West and Central regions by the Eastern region of the State.

Adaba made this assertion via a press release made available to Post Nigeria, refuting a claim by the State Governor, Idris Wada in a recent interview claiming the absence of any marginalization at all in Kogi.

Adaba recalled the administration of the founding Governor, Abubakar Audu, between 1991 – 1993 and 1999 – 2003 and that of Wada’s Government as examples of such oppression.

“In Kogi State, there are three senatorial districts; East – comprising Igala and minorities like Bassa-Komu; Bassange, Egbira Mozum; West with the Okuns, Nupes, Oworos, Egbira-Kotos, Bassa-Komu,Gukeri, Ganagana and Hausa; while the Central – comprising Ebira-Okene, Ogori Magongo and Ajaokuta.
“The State’s Internally Generated Revenue, IGR stands at 7% East,12% West; and 72% Central, yet, the East has produced the Governor of the State for 18-years, the life-span of democratic governance since the creation of Kogi State in 1991.”

He criticized the lopsided appointments made by Audu and Wada which have favoured only the East, despite contributing little to the IGR and to the growth of the State in general.

“Audu’s 6-years of Governance of two terms produced 17 Commissioners out of which 9 were from the East, while 4 each came from the West and Central regions respectively.
“33 Permanent Secretaries were also produced with 18-from Kogi East, 10 from the West and 5 from Central.

“In the State’s Civil Service of 33,000 workforce, the East had a lion share of 23,100, while 5,940 were from the West and 3,960 were from the Central.

“Wada’s government has 18 Commissioners out of which 9 are from the East, 5 West and 4 Central.

“60 Special Advisers with a whopping 30 from his home area, the East while the West and Central have 20 and 10 respectively.

“Wada’s government has 83 Senior Special Assistants out of which 41-50% are from the East, 26-31.1% from the West and 16-19.1% from the Central.

“Of Governor Wada’s 242 Special Assistants, 139 are from the East, 66 from the West and 37 from Central.” He stated.

He added, “Could this be somebody’s idea of justice, fairness and equitable distribution? Could this be the opposite of marginalization?

“Of the 32 Permanent Secretaries, 24-75% are from the East while the West and Central share 4 or 12.5% each.
“The State has 25 Board Chairmen comprising 14-56% from the East, 8-32% from the West and 3-12% from Central.

“The present government of Kogi State headed by Capt Idris Wada has a Civil Service of 18,650 which breaks down as follows: 10,393 approx 56% from the East, 4,977-27% from the West; and 3,280-17% from Central

“On the distribution of road projects, the East has N39.3billion for about 476.6kilomretres, the West N21.9billion for 209-kilometres, while Central has a paltry N3.3billion for 62kilometres. It is however an irony that despite these figures, one cannot see a translation of them in action.

“Among several others, since the inception of the State, there are positions in the State government which seem to have been exclusively reserved for the East, Igalas. Among which are:

“Head of Service; Commissioner for Works; Commissioner for Health; Permanent Secretary, Government House; Accountant General (except once); Commissioner for Education (except twice) Chairman State Universal Basic Education, Chairman, Local Government Service Commission; among others.”

Over time, The Central and West Senatorial Districts have laid the golden egg; the East sits comfortably to feast on it to its advantage.

The end of the struggle to liberate the egg layers is here and now.

However, the Central and East alliance is determined to witness a power shift from the East to salvage its people and is bent on producing the next Governor of the state for the November 21 polls.

Click to read more: http://www.post-nigeria.com/wada-lied-how-the-igalas-marginalized-okun-ebira-in-kogi-adaba/
Re: Wada Lied, How The Igalas Marginalized Okun, Ebira In Kogi – Adaba by HungerBAD: 5:32pm On Aug 05, 2015
Honestly forgot there is a State in Nigeria called Kogi.

There should at least, be some political action/drama in this State, so we can focus our attention on it.

Kogi you cannot continue to be quiet.

2 Likes

Re: Wada Lied, How The Igalas Marginalized Okun, Ebira In Kogi – Adaba by Emeraldcute(f): 5:33pm On Aug 05, 2015
coolh
Re: Wada Lied, How The Igalas Marginalized Okun, Ebira In Kogi – Adaba by kinggenesis(m): 5:39pm On Aug 05, 2015
There are elements of truth in what this man is saying.

#From_A_Kogite

1 Like

Re: Wada Lied, How The Igalas Marginalized Okun, Ebira In Kogi – Adaba by nerodenero: 5:40pm On Aug 05, 2015
Kogi State, one the most complex states in Nigeria.
60 Special Advisers, 83 Senior Special Assistants and 242 Special Assistants
This is the reason why governance in Nigeria is expensive undecided.

1 Like

Re: Wada Lied, How The Igalas Marginalized Okun, Ebira In Kogi – Adaba by SLIDEwaxie(m): 5:49pm On Aug 05, 2015
Don't forget KAbbA too
Re: Wada Lied, How The Igalas Marginalized Okun, Ebira In Kogi – Adaba by AnambraDota: 5:55pm On Aug 05, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:
Don't forget KAbbA too
Yorubas don suffer for Kogi and Kwara States grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Wada Lied, How The Igalas Marginalized Okun, Ebira In Kogi – Adaba by AnambraDota: 5:57pm On Aug 05, 2015
When igbos in Delta were fighting for equity Yorubas were accusing them of wailing and crying, now Yorubas have started crying and wailing for governorship in Kogi.
Even in kwara they are yet to produce a governor grin grin grin grin LMAO

Its unfortunate that nobody reads about lagos-ibadan expressway media houses in Kogi, eveybody in Kogi uses mobile radio grin grin

1 Like

Re: Wada Lied, How The Igalas Marginalized Okun, Ebira In Kogi – Adaba by SLIDEwaxie(m): 6:04pm On Aug 05, 2015
AnambraDota:

Yorubas don suffer for Kogi and Kwara States grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
if u have a brain, u will knw that the states mentioned ate not even core Yoruba states. Kogi state comprises of almost every major tribe u cld think of In Nigeria.

Kogi state has so many diverse languages and the most diluted linguistic.

An ebira man has more of Yoruba, Igbo and Hausa blend into one language. Same for igala. I gala has more of Yoruba. Ogoris has more of Edo's language. All becos of proximity.
An average KAbbA man will converse almost like an ekiti inidgene. Now, use your brain...

Lokoja speaks mainly in Yoruba language.

Don't forget that lokoja was once the capital of Nigeria. Kogi is classified under north central. It is almost like Nigeria which comprises of different tribes.

I'm not even from kogi state, but I always brush my knowledge. Unlike a fool like u who has no brain but to talk trash.

Your people are still claiming that PH is ignoland...how far abt dt?

Fool...

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wada Lied, How The Igalas Marginalized Okun, Ebira In Kogi – Adaba by AnambraDota: 6:16pm On Aug 05, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:
if u have a brain, u will knw that the states mentioned ate not even core Yoruba states. Kogi state comprises of almost every major tribe u cld think of In Nigeria.

An ebira man has more of Yoruba, Igbo and Hausa blend into one language. Same for igala. I gala has more of Yoruba. Ogoris has more of Edo's language. All becos of proximity.
An average KAbbA man will converse almost like an ekiti inidgene. Now, use your brain...

Don't forget that lokoja was once the capital of Nigeria. Kogi is classified under north central. It is almost like Nigeria which comprises of different tribes.

I'm not even from kogi state, but I always brush my knowledge. Unlike a fool like u who has no brain but to talk trash.

Fool...

Delta, Rivers and Cross River are not igbo dominated but igbos have produced governors in those states.

Wake up and stop foaming from the mouth, didn't you guys insult us when we were agitating for equity in delta ?

1 Like

Re: Wada Lied, How The Igalas Marginalized Okun, Ebira In Kogi – Adaba by Afam4eva(m): 6:17pm On Aug 05, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:
Don't forget KAbbA too
Are they not the Okuns?
Re: Wada Lied, How The Igalas Marginalized Okun, Ebira In Kogi – Adaba by vedaxcool(m): 6:26pm On Aug 05, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:
Fool...

Chie you have destroyed the guy's career on NL.

1 Like

Re: Wada Lied, How The Igalas Marginalized Okun, Ebira In Kogi – Adaba by stabillo(m): 6:36pm On Aug 05, 2015
One day, I'll be the Governor of Kogi State, ...hmm Okun State will be better I don't know what Audu left in Lugard house

1 Like

Re: Wada Lied, How The Igalas Marginalized Okun, Ebira In Kogi – Adaba by SLIDEwaxie(m): 5:51am On Aug 06, 2015
AnambraDota:

Delta, Rivers and Cross River are not igbo dominated but igbos have produced governors in those states.

Wake up and stop foaming from the mouth, didn't you guys insult us when we were agitating for equity in delta ?
that is why you shld br very ashamed of the bigotry tribes you come from.

Here in Ogun state, at the ministry, anyone can be a leader so far you are competent. And same for many tribe except yours which is riddled with tribal bigotry.

The funniest thing is dt once u were given a a little space, you always want it all.

Did you knw that no Igbo man ever own a land in Ebiraland? Did u one why?

I bet u do...

If you produced a govnr in those states, it is not because the minority of your people there voted for u, it is because the majority of the indigene did so. Abi, u wan start to claim those places too? Like your usual hobby.... grin grin

Yeye people
Re: Wada Lied, How The Igalas Marginalized Okun, Ebira In Kogi – Adaba by mysteriousman(m): 5:58am On Aug 06, 2015
It is really terrible its time someone from a different region of the state be given the mantle of leadership in that state and Audu should pls go and sit down

(1) (Reply)

Ilesa Market On Fire!!! / Jonathan's And Buhari Appointment Head To Head / My Reaction To The President Shutting Down Of Aso Chapel!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.