Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,776 members, 7,889,498 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 01:48 PM

10 Benefits Of A Good Night Sleep - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 10 Benefits Of A Good Night Sleep (672 Views)

Nursing Student Of Madonna University Dies In Her Sleep (Photos) / Want A Good Night's Sleep? Find Out Which Colours You Should Use In The Bedroom / 10 Benefits Of Water Using Alkaline Energy Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Benefits Of A Good Night Sleep by theomeka: 4:01am On Aug 06, 2015
Here are 10 reasons why getting a good night's shut eye will set you up for a brighter day.

1 Keep your figure

Watching your weight can be as simple as getting a good night's sleep. Lack of sleep can make you put on weight by drastically slowing your metabolism down, according to a study by scientists at Uppsala University in Sweden. The researchers suggested getting plenty of sleep might prevent weight gain.

2. You can concentrate better

We have all woken up after a good night's sleep ready to take on the world. But IKEA's Slumber Survey found one in three Australians rate their sleep as 'poor' to 'terrible'. A bad night's sleep can leave you struggling all day. More than half of us will have problems concentrating after sleeping badly, according to a survey by shopping channel QVC.

3. You'll be in a great mood

Nearly two thirds of people blame lack of sleep when they feel irritable, according to the QVC survey.
IKEA spokesman Angela McCann says: "It's unsurprising only 1% of those asked in the Slumber Survey claim to feel fantastic when they wake up. The lack of sleep and the ensuing tiredness is likely impacting on people's judgment, problem-solving and creativity."

4. You'll look more attractive

Regular shut-eye actually makes you look healthier and more attractive, according to a 2010 study published in the British Medical Journal. Researchers photographed 23 people after a period of sleep deprivation and after a normal night's sleep of eight hours. The photos were shown to 65 people who rated each photo based on health attractiveness and tiredness. The sleep deprived group scored lower in all three categories.

5. Ability to make better informed decisions

We've all heard of sleeping on a problem, in the hope that come morning the solution will be clear. Well scientists have found that when you do this your brain still looks for a solution, even when you're asleep. Even if you don't wake up with an answer, a good night's sleep will equip your brain to assess the problem afresh.

6. You'll live longer

Regularly sleeping less than you should is associated with a shorter lifespan, although it is not clear whether little sleep is the cause, or an effect of other illnesses. Studies have found people who routinely sleep for fewer than six hours a night have a higher risk of dying sooner than people of a similar age who sleep for seven or eight hours a night.

view source for more: http://tradot.com/blog/post?BrightMekaBlog_10-benefits-of-a-good-nights-sleep-1740

Re: 10 Benefits Of A Good Night Sleep by HungerBAD: 4:19am On Aug 06, 2015
We will be okay.

1 Like

Re: 10 Benefits Of A Good Night Sleep by phaphyz05(m): 4:27am On Aug 06, 2015
Hmmmmmmm 10 benefits of eating coming soon. #watchout
Re: 10 Benefits Of A Good Night Sleep by Generalkorex(m): 5:21am On Aug 06, 2015
Re: 10 Benefits Of A Good Night Sleep by Nobody: 5:38am On Aug 06, 2015
Successful people don't sleep !!!

Best decisions are made at night!! I'll come back and read this thread when I've achieved something meaning in life!!!

NB: I didn't say don't even close your eyes at all or sleeping is bad!!
Re: 10 Benefits Of A Good Night Sleep by theomeka: 1:42pm On Aug 06, 2015
Yungwizzzy:
Successful people don't sleep !!!

Best decisions are made at night!! I'll come back and read this thread when I've achieved something meaning in life!!!

NB: I didn't say don't even close your eyes at all or sleeping is bad!!
grin
Re: 10 Benefits Of A Good Night Sleep by theomeka: 8:36pm On Aug 08, 2015
smiley

(1) (Reply)

Premature Ejaculation in Men (Dont lose your wife to Another man) / New Sexual Disease Alert!!! / Is It Harmful To Stay Awake For 4 Days Without Sleep

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.