Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,842 members, 7,898,983 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 July 2024 at 12:42 AM

Buhari To Upgrade 5 Airports Next Year - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari To Upgrade 5 Airports Next Year (1684 Views)

8 Governors Who Have No Business Building Airports / Fuel Subsidy To Go Next Year. FG To Sell Petrol At 97 / FG Confirms Payment Of N5000 Stipend To Unemployed Youth Next Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari To Upgrade 5 Airports Next Year by ikbnice(m): 7:24am On Aug 06, 2015
President Muhammadu Buhari yesterday said his administration would upgrade five international airports next year.
He stated this yesterday after receiving operational briefings from Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Aviation, Mrs. Binta Bello.
“Our airports are the windows through which people see our country. Anybody coming into the country will likely come through the airports.
“If we cannot secure and maintain our infrastructure, it will reflect very badly on us,’’ said the president.
He consequently directed the Ministry of Aviation to speed up all processes and projects relating to the safety and security of Nigeria’s air transport system.
President Buhari further directed that counterpart funding for upgrading the international airports in Lagos, Abuja, Kano, Port Harcourt and Enugu, be captured in the 2016 budget.
Earlier, Mrs Bello had said the five new international airport terminal buildings were designed to meet best international standards.
According to her, the five international terminals could cater for 62 million passengers annually when completed in the first quarter of 2016, with Lagos moving from 7 million passengers’ capacity to 25 million, Abuja moving from 5 million to 16 million, while Kano, Port Harcourt and Enugu, will have the capacity for 7 million passengers each

http://m.nationalmirroronline.net/article/buhari-to-upgrade-5-airports-next-year/?article-id=33038
Re: Buhari To Upgrade 5 Airports Next Year by Nobody: 7:24am On Aug 06, 2015
I'm going to Bed. When I come back I expect this comment to have 99 likes undecided
Re: Buhari To Upgrade 5 Airports Next Year by ANBAKO: 7:24am On Aug 06, 2015
Slow and steady!!!
But wait ooo are these not the same Airports that Mrs. BMW spent billions of naira to "upgrade"?

Do good for good to come your way

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Upgrade 5 Airports Next Year by PassingShot(m): 7:25am On Aug 06, 2015
Wailers, what says you?

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Upgrade 5 Airports Next Year by SeverusSnape(m): 7:29am On Aug 06, 2015
PassingShot:
Wailers, what says you?
Buhari is a bigoted terrorist.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari To Upgrade 5 Airports Next Year by PassingShot(m): 7:30am On Aug 06, 2015
[s]
SeverusSnape:

[/s]

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Upgrade 5 Airports Next Year by temitemi1(m): 7:30am On Aug 06, 2015
Following my HERO(GEJ) steps...

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Upgrade 5 Airports Next Year by prof17(m): 7:30am On Aug 06, 2015
I believe in action am tired of this I wIll !
Re: Buhari To Upgrade 5 Airports Next Year by MizMyColi(f): 7:33am On Aug 06, 2015
Good Initiative.
Let's hope this is not one of the "I wills"
grin
Re: Buhari To Upgrade 5 Airports Next Year by Realist5: 7:37am On Aug 06, 2015
Ok
Re: Buhari To Upgrade 5 Airports Next Year by kayboy4y(m): 7:37am On Aug 06, 2015
Ok
Re: Buhari To Upgrade 5 Airports Next Year by sholatech(m): 7:39am On Aug 06, 2015
Read the news details and not just comment on the headlines. Other papers also carried the news aside the Nation quoted here. The main theme is that the ' on-going airport upgrades will be completed early next year'. It's a combo of two administrations. GEJ started them as we all know, and PMB wants them completed next year and will make funds available. We should stop all these GEJ Vs PMB fights

3 Likes

Re: Buhari To Upgrade 5 Airports Next Year by kayboy4y(m): 7:40am On Aug 06, 2015
temitemi1:
Following my HERO(GEJ) steps...
It means u're clueless.
Re: Buhari To Upgrade 5 Airports Next Year by omowolewa: 7:41am On Aug 06, 2015
Ibadan Airport nkor?
Re: Buhari To Upgrade 5 Airports Next Year by asha80(m): 7:47am On Aug 06, 2015
omowolewa:
Ibadan Airport nkor?
what I the traffic there ?
Re: Buhari To Upgrade 5 Airports Next Year by sammyj: 7:54am On Aug 06, 2015
SAI PMB. Wailing wailers will not be happy with this news! !! grin
Re: Buhari To Upgrade 5 Airports Next Year by bewla(m): 8:02am On Aug 06, 2015
SeverusSnape:
i gust u in the camp to
Re: Buhari To Upgrade 5 Airports Next Year by socialmediaman: 8:06am On Aug 06, 2015
Mr President is just too phenomenal. Patriotism is in-built in him and Opportunists just cant understand this guy, I mean to them, "how can someone be working for his country people instead of himself and family?"

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Upgrade 5 Airports Next Year by owobokiri(m): 8:10am On Aug 06, 2015
He should be humble enough to say he is in suppourt of the policies of Ms Oduah. She was the one that revolutionalised the reconstructions of the hitherto pigsty lookalike terminals we have in this country before she was craftly hounded out by the owanbe press for her refusal to allow them to "come and chop" as usual. The best minister of aviation in this horrible country if you ask me.
Re: Buhari To Upgrade 5 Airports Next Year by egift(m): 8:12am On Aug 06, 2015
That is my Presido. The Wailers can't keep up.
Re: Buhari To Upgrade 5 Airports Next Year by socialmediaman: 8:14am On Aug 06, 2015
owobokiri:
He should be humble enough to say he is in suppourt of the policies of Ms Oduah. She was the one that revolutionalised the reconstructions of the hitherto pigsty lookalike terminals we have in this country before she was craftly hounded out by the owanbe press for her refusal to allow them to "come and chop" as usual. The best minister of aviation in this horrible country if you ask me.

While you're here praising noise makers, Mr President is fixing things that refused to fix themselves with previous governments and he's not even making noise about it. All these things have been on the blueprint of Nigeria but someone has to implement them while some will only make noise about it and go
Re: Buhari To Upgrade 5 Airports Next Year by owobokiri(m): 8:24am On Aug 06, 2015
socialmediaman:

While you're here praising noise makers, Mr President is fixing things that refused to fix themselves with previous governments and he's not even making noise about it. All these things have been on the blueprint of Nigeria but someone has to implement them while some will only make noise about it and go

No sir! Don't misinform! The recontruction of the airports has been ongoing for years now under Jonathan and Princess Oduah. There were hitches here and there as a corrupt Lagos-ibadam press kicked but the process led to noticeable results. That's whyOnitsha traders can now fly to China from Enugu. . Give praise to whom it is deu. Jonathan unleashed massive changes in the aviation sector.
Re: Buhari To Upgrade 5 Airports Next Year by egift(m): 8:36am On Aug 06, 2015
Fixing the damages PDP left behind one block at a time.
Re: Buhari To Upgrade 5 Airports Next Year by asha80(m): 8:39am On Aug 06, 2015
owobokiri:

No sir! Don't misinform! The recontruction of the airports has been ongoing for years now under Jonathan and Princess Oduah. There were hitches here and there as a corrupt Lagos-ibadam press kicked but the process led to noticeable results. That's whyOnitsha traders can now fly to China from Enugu. . Give praise to whom it is deu. Jonathan unleashed massive changes in the aviation sector.
are you sure about Onitsha traders flying to china from Enugu?

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Upgrade 5 Airports Next Year by socialmediaman: 8:41am On Aug 06, 2015
owobokiri:

I just don't like that corrupt ex-criminal ex-president. His little gains got eroded by his greed and laxity to burning issues. Even if you wanna praise him, don't do that without remembering OBJ, because all these transformation started with his government though he failed as well, like others before him. They all failed this country and have no business taking credit
Re: Buhari To Upgrade 5 Airports Next Year by owobokiri(m): 9:05am On Aug 06, 2015
asha80:
are you sure about Onitsha traders flying to china from Enugu?

Very sure sir! I hope this "mighty revelation" won't draw 'their' ire
Re: Buhari To Upgrade 5 Airports Next Year by kennyman2000(m): 9:30am On Aug 06, 2015
Good one..
Re: Buhari To Upgrade 5 Airports Next Year by Nobody: 9:34am On Aug 06, 2015
owobokiri:

No sir! Don't misinform! The recontruction of the airports has been ongoing for years now under Jonathan and Princess Oduah. There were hitches here and there as a corrupt Lagos-ibadam press kicked but the process led to noticeable results. That's why Onitsha traders can now fly to China from Enugu. . Give praise to whom it is deu. Jonathan unleashed massive changes in the aviation sector.

Never heard anyone flew from Enugu to China before. Also heard that airport doubles as a seaport during rainy season. I will be the last person to defend political self aggrandizement.
Re: Buhari To Upgrade 5 Airports Next Year by obailala(m): 10:00am On Aug 06, 2015
engrkenny:

Never heard anyone flew from Enugu to China before. Also heard [size=13pt]that airport doubles as a seaport during rainy season[/size]. I will be the last person to defend political self aggrandizement.
Kaiii... that's harsh grin
Re: Buhari To Upgrade 5 Airports Next Year by sweetgala(m): 10:10am On Aug 06, 2015
owobokiri:

If her task of building a "seaport" in Enugu and upgrading MMA with below qaukiy material is what is praise worthy I don't know what to say to you
Re: Buhari To Upgrade 5 Airports Next Year by ki02020(m): 10:15am On Aug 06, 2015
PMB disappointing haters since taking the oath of office grin
Re: Buhari To Upgrade 5 Airports Next Year by owobokiri(m): 10:21am On Aug 06, 2015
engrkenny:

Never heard anyone flew from Enugu to China before. Also heard that airport doubles as a seaport during rainy season. I will be the last person to defend political self aggrandizement.

You guys are pathetically lazy. . All you need to confirm that piece of info, is to make calls to appriopriate quarters. A friend just flew into Nigeria from China last week. Ethiopian airlines. Very easy to confirm but you lot won't do that. You would rather go with hearsay. . Btw, work has stopped at the second Niger bridge. Work was moving on there at a fast pace untill jonathan left office. It was under buhari, that construction works stopped on that project. All you need to do to comfirm this, is to send any of your relatives/friends in Anambra or Delta to drive across the old bridge and assess the info being delivered to you. . The new bridge is very visible from the old bridge. . But I know you won't do that. . You woukd rather run away with anything fed to you by a sectional owambe press.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Oil Price Rises As Nigeria Shuts Oil Production!! / Ship With "Aid" For Refugees Arrives Greece Full Of Weapons And Ammunition / #FGCOKIGWE Now Trending On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.