Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,526 members, 7,944,543 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 06:27 PM

Shocking!!! 91 Years Old Carries Foetus In Her Womb For 60 YEARS (PHOTOS) - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Shocking!!! 91 Years Old Carries Foetus In Her Womb For 60 YEARS (PHOTOS) (3134 Views)

Jumai Shaba Rosiji Gives Birth To Her Third Child In Three Years (Photos) / Ugandan Singer Begs Wizkid To Impregnate Her, Says "My Womb Is Ready" / OAP Toolz Replies One Of Her 'Womb-Watchers' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shocking!!! 91 Years Old Carries Foetus In Her Womb For 60 YEARS (PHOTOS) by nairaroot: 7:54am On Aug 06, 2015
Estela Meléndez, 91, thought she had a tumour in her stomach but an x-ray revealed something far more shocking

Doctors treating an elderly woman with a suspected tumour discovered she had been carrying a foetus in her womb for more than 60 years.

Estela Meléndez, 91, had no idea she had ever fallen pregnant, CNN reported.

Medics in the town of La Boca, Chile, discovered the foetus after spotting something on an x-ray which caused concern.

The calcified remains, which pose no health risk, had been in her uterus for more than six decades.

"The doctor said I had a tumor and that they needed to operate on me," Meléndez told CNN.

But medics were stunned when the suspected tumour turned out to be a foetus.

Meléndez was married for 74 years before her husband, Manuel González, died in January aged 91.

She told CNN one of her few regrets was that they had been unable to have children, and that the couple "suffered tremendously".

But she now considers the lump in her belly as a reminder of the baby she and her husband longed for.

Doctors considered surgery to remove the foetus but deemed surgery on the 91-year-old as more dangerous than leaving it inside her womb.

RELATED HEALTH NEWS CLICK HERE http://www.nairaroot.com/now-you-can-quit-blood-transfusion-and-even-live-a-healthier-life/#.VcMESsj23IU

[url][/url] http://www.nairaroot.com

Re: Shocking!!! 91 Years Old Carries Foetus In Her Womb For 60 YEARS (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 8:09am On Aug 06, 2015
How come she didn't give birth to it? Weird!

1 Like

Re: Shocking!!! 91 Years Old Carries Foetus In Her Womb For 60 YEARS (PHOTOS) by marv1: 8:14am On Aug 06, 2015
K
Re: Shocking!!! 91 Years Old Carries Foetus In Her Womb For 60 YEARS (PHOTOS) by shaddie21(f): 9:48am On Aug 06, 2015
Wonders shall never end.
Re: Shocking!!! 91 Years Old Carries Foetus In Her Womb For 60 YEARS (PHOTOS) by mogboyelade(f): 11:05am On Aug 06, 2015
That foetus should be a grandpa or grandma by now.
Re: Shocking!!! 91 Years Old Carries Foetus In Her Womb For 60 YEARS (PHOTOS) by estyvino(m): 1:04pm On Aug 06, 2015
Poor old woman
Re: Shocking!!! 91 Years Old Carries Foetus In Her Womb For 60 YEARS (PHOTOS) by Mariojane(f): 2:04pm On Aug 06, 2015
hmmmm. cry
Re: Shocking!!! 91 Years Old Carries Foetus In Her Womb For 60 YEARS (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 2:32pm On Aug 06, 2015
Mariojane:
hmmmm. they should operate her to see if the baby will survive. if the baby survive and the woman died the government can care for the child. but i think she is too old for surgery cry
are you really as dumb as your post suggests? Or you didnt read d article?

1 Like

Re: Shocking!!! 91 Years Old Carries Foetus In Her Womb For 60 YEARS (PHOTOS) by MrsAnyanwu(f): 3:33pm On Aug 06, 2015
kaya09:

I just tire ....
Re: Shocking!!! 91 Years Old Carries Foetus In Her Womb For 60 YEARS (PHOTOS) by Mariojane(f): 3:39pm On Aug 06, 2015
kaya09:

ask all the female that are my age mate in your family.you must be as stupid as you sound. Ode
Re: Shocking!!! 91 Years Old Carries Foetus In Her Womb For 60 YEARS (PHOTOS) by Pebcak: 3:52pm On Aug 06, 2015
shocked shocked shocked
Re: Shocking!!! 91 Years Old Carries Foetus In Her Womb For 60 YEARS (PHOTOS) by imsuboi(m): 4:00pm On Aug 06, 2015
Mariojane:
hmmmm. they should operate her to see if the baby will
survive. if the baby survive and the woman died the
government can care for the child. but i think she is too old
for surgery cry

WOW! shocked

How can someone be this dumb?

Your brain should be studied in a laboratory grin grin

1 Like

Re: Shocking!!! 91 Years Old Carries Foetus In Her Womb For 60 YEARS (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 4:00pm On Aug 06, 2015
Mariojane:
ask all the female that are my age mate in your family.you must be as stupid as you sound. Ode
By dia words we shall know dem.
Re: Shocking!!! 91 Years Old Carries Foetus In Her Womb For 60 YEARS (PHOTOS) by Mariojane(f): 4:11pm On Aug 06, 2015
imsuboi:

WOW! shocked

How can someone be this dumb?

Your brain should be studied in a laboratory grin grin
smiley yeah funny
Re: Shocking!!! 91 Years Old Carries Foetus In Her Womb For 60 YEARS (PHOTOS) by nairaroot: 6:28pm On Aug 06, 2015
cool
Thank you all for making good comments, it really shows that you love the post. But Hey! Don't fight over your comments cool cool cool . I had an issue with nairaland earlier over one of my post hitting almost 45,000 views in just less than 10hours and I have less than 7 posts on nairaland. This article didn't make the front page; if it had, maybe it would also be getting the same views too. But I just received a message from nairaland right now. They've done what is right. They've created a thread for me with nairaroot as a credit for my post. A guy fought really hard for me kolinton1 to get my case sorted out.
Thank you for your support. I quite appreciate it. Upcoming blog sites needs to grow too. Pls continue to enjoy our reports, interviews and stories; you can follow us on twitter @nairaroot Like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/nairaroot and most especially pls visit www.nairaroot.com.Enjoy the rest of your day. Nairaroot
Re: Shocking!!! 91 Years Old Carries Foetus In Her Womb For 60 YEARS (PHOTOS) by enoqueen: 2:25am On Aug 07, 2015
Waoh shocked

(1) (Reply)

Prostitute Or Not, Toyin Aimakhu Exposes Bra In Transparent Outfit (photos) / Pls Advise! Should A Married Spouse Reject This Val's Gift From Ex-bedmate? / Former Nollywood Actress, Victoria Inyama Shares Photo With Her Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.