Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,494 members, 7,964,962 topics. Date: Thursday, 03 October 2024 at 05:05 AM

Sunday Oliseh Visits Liverpool Jordon Ibe - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Sunday Oliseh Visits Liverpool Jordon Ibe (25747 Views)

2018 World Cup: Jordon Ibe Claims Coach Rohr Wants Him To Play / Jordon Ibe Looks Set To Pledge His Allegiance To Nigeria. / Jordon Ibe Robbed At Knifepoint, His N9M Rolex Watch Stolen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sunday Oliseh Visits Liverpool Jordon Ibe by Slimvincent(m): 11:28am On Aug 06, 2015
Rubbish, wht happens to other local players here who r eager and talented to represent Nigeria? Cos, he is already in d limelight and playing in England.Mtchwww..Colonial mentality

1 Like

Re: Sunday Oliseh Visits Liverpool Jordon Ibe by AikayDaWrapper(m): 11:33am On Aug 06, 2015
To all the people saying he's not good enough you're on a long thing. The guy is still young (19?) and has a lot of potential to improve.

I'm a man utd fan and hate Liverpool but I still rate the guy and not just because he's part Nigerian.

When you see him play you'll know he has good technique, pace and dribbling ability. His decision making is poor but that will improve with age.

Sadly I think he's going to choose England at the end of the day. They'll probably play him in one of their dead rubber European championship qualifiers and tie him down like they did to sterling.

Oliseh should also try to contact Alex Iwobi, Dele Alli, and Solanke.

But we as a country need to find a way to start developing our players by ourselves and not waiting for another country to train them then we'll go and snatch.

Grassroots development has to be focused on. The talent is there.
Re: Sunday Oliseh Visits Liverpool Jordon Ibe by AikayDaWrapper(m): 11:38am On Aug 06, 2015
xammyx:
GO KOP, we will never walk alone.....
YAWN (You always win nothing) tongue
Re: Sunday Oliseh Visits Liverpool Jordon Ibe by asha80(m): 11:38am On Aug 06, 2015
Lol the guy that insists that the pronunciation of his surname is IYB instead of the IBE we all know..dont think he would be interested to play fir nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sunday Oliseh Visits Liverpool Jordon Ibe by AikayDaWrapper(m): 11:39am On Aug 06, 2015
Slimvincent:
Rubbish, wht happens to other local players here who r eager and talented to represent Nigeria? Cos, he is already in d limelight and playing in England.Mtchwww..Colonial mentality

How many of the local players are good enough and are developed well technically.

Na all these guys here wey go chop eba with bitter leaf soup come enter field.
Re: Sunday Oliseh Visits Liverpool Jordon Ibe by bqlekan(m): 11:41am On Aug 06, 2015
SirShymexx:

Yes. Not even England alone - I'm following both the UEFA cup and Champions league qualifiers, and I've seen a few decent players with Nigerian names. Ditto the Belgian league. MLS is another one - there are a few decent players with naija names.

Heck, the current Jamaican team is predominantly made up of MLS players - and their team at the moment is very decent. So the standard of the MLS also isn't that bad. Nigeria shouldn't have a problem picking 11 decent players to form a decent squad from the gazillion of players out there, if they're serious about building a team that can complete. Unlike the washed up one they have atm. The likes of Mikel should be in the dustbin of history - I honestly don't know why he's still playing for Chelsea, when Nathan Ake is far better than him. It must be about the Russian connection.

Rightly said @emboldened, we all are aware that Ogenyi Onazi is far better than Mikel in the defensive role, why play Mikel in the no10 role?Dont we have creative midfielders that can keep Mikel on the bench? Mikel is no longer the player he was in 2005.

Also, the whole team cant be foreign based, we have decent home based who are hungry to play. More-so Oliseh said players from some particular leagues (championship due to kick and follow football) wont be playing for him. that means we may never see the next Oxlade-Chamberlain, Gareth Bale, Nath Clyne in the Nigerian team. Oliseh should have a re-think

1 Like

Re: Sunday Oliseh Visits Liverpool Jordon Ibe by Nobody: 11:42am On Aug 06, 2015
guykeri:
how much will he spend on all this visit vist

We cannot afford it. Soccer cannot be our priority. We are a poor country. Contrary to what Nigerians like to believe we are fanatical but not and never been a good soccer playing nation. This country needs to get to work. FAST.

1 Like

Re: Sunday Oliseh Visits Liverpool Jordon Ibe by SirShymexx: 11:51am On Aug 06, 2015
bqlekan:

Rightly said @emboldened, we all are aware that Ogenyi Onazi is far better than Mikel in the defensive role, why play Mikel in the no10 role?Dont we have creative midfielders that can keep Mikel on the bench? Mikel is no longer the player he was in 2005.

Also, the whole team cant be foreign based, we have decent home based who are hungry to play. More-so Oliseh said players from some particular leagues (championship due to kick and follow football) wont be playing for him. that means we may never see the next Oxlade-Chamberlain, Gareth Bale, Nath Clyne in the Nigerian team. Oliseh should have a re-think

Mikel has always been rubbish and he must be the luckiest footballer ever to walk this planet. Then again, you can throw a lot of English players in the mix as well. He probably only impressed me once during the Nigeria vs. Ghana friendly match in London, in 2007. Though naij lost by 4-1, he was by far the best player on the pitch and Michael Essien also played in that match. Perhaps it was cos I saw the game live.

SE are just rubbish these days. A team that couldn't qualify for last African cup, despite how utter poor the tournament was, with teams playing like pub teams, ought to be disbanded. There has to be a re-awakening, with young players from everywhere.

1 Like

Re: Sunday Oliseh Visits Liverpool Jordon Ibe by caprini1: 11:55am On Aug 06, 2015
fx45:
How did Victor Moses end up?
I wanted to ask him d same question!...Moses a Nations cup winner,can u imagine?

1 Like

Re: Sunday Oliseh Visits Liverpool Jordon Ibe by belltwelve(m): 11:56am On Aug 06, 2015
Buhari appoints Ibeh Kachikwu; Oliseh visits Jordon Ibe. Hmm, good time to have Ibe as a name.

1 Like

Re: Sunday Oliseh Visits Liverpool Jordon Ibe by MadCow1: 11:56am On Aug 06, 2015
dayojags10:
Nigeria Sterling. overrated has Fvck

Ibe is unrated.. He falls under the prospect category.
Re: Sunday Oliseh Visits Liverpool Jordon Ibe by viktagorion: 12:03pm On Aug 06, 2015
It's really about how Jordan Ibe feels deep down in his heart. If he's not feeling the 9ja spirit, Oliseh's Liverpool trip might just be in vain.
Re: Sunday Oliseh Visits Liverpool Jordon Ibe by dayojags10(m): 12:08pm On Aug 06, 2015
MadCow1:

Ibe is unrated.. He falls under the prospect category.
do you read Liverpool news?,you can go to their official website if you don't
Re: Sunday Oliseh Visits Liverpool Jordon Ibe by bqlekan(m): 12:12pm On Aug 06, 2015
SirShymexx:

Mikel has always been rubbish and he must be the luckiest footballer ever to walk this planet. Then again, you can throw a lot of English players in the mix as well. He probably only impressed me once during the Nigeria vs. Ghana friendly match in London, in 2007. Though naij lost by 4-1, he was by far the best player on the pitch and Michael Essien also played in that match. Perhaps it was cos I saw the game live.

SE are just rubbish these days. A team that couldn't qualify for last African cup, despite how utter poor the tournament was, with teams playing like pub teams, ought to be disbanded. There has to be a re-awakening, with young players from everywhere.
lol, you are right, the last AFCON was rubbish, i saw footballers displaying power instead of football sense, i saw teams struggle to make ten complete passes between one another ,. It was a total disappointment. Yes a total revamp is needed.

1 Like

Re: Sunday Oliseh Visits Liverpool Jordon Ibe by Bonapart(m): 12:15pm On Aug 06, 2015
Tolexander:
get a life!

Stop barking!
my life is sure already but you, you need life
Re: Sunday Oliseh Visits Liverpool Jordon Ibe by nigerianvenom(m): 12:16pm On Aug 06, 2015
Tolexander:
Nice,

The guy is a talented footballer and will be good for the Super Eagle.

I pray he doesn't end up like Victor Moses anyway!

How did victor moses ended up?

1 Like

Re: Sunday Oliseh Visits Liverpool Jordon Ibe by lionemessi: 12:33pm On Aug 06, 2015
make e sha no go flop
Re: Sunday Oliseh Visits Liverpool Jordon Ibe by MadCow1: 12:40pm On Aug 06, 2015
dayojags10:
do you read Liverpool news?,you can go to their official website if you don't

I am an staunch LFC fan..

Yes he is being praised and deservingly so. But he knows he isn't there yet even he has said he is working on raising his game. He can't be that hyped if he does not have a starting place in our team. He only just started getting some game time in the second half of the last season because we really had no players who were stepping up especially Markovic and Lallana who plays his wing.

I have known and followed Ibe for a while. His hype is from his loan spell at Birmingham and Derby County where he excelled well.

He is still 19 and is currently the number one youth prospect from the Liverpool academy and thats all the hype he has going for him now.

1 Like

Re: Sunday Oliseh Visits Liverpool Jordon Ibe by SirShymexx: 1:10pm On Aug 06, 2015
bqlekan:
lol, you are right, the last AFCON was rubbish, i saw footballers displaying power instead of football sense, i saw teams struggle to make ten complete passes between one another ,. It was a total disappointment. Yes a total revamp is needed.

Lol. The last AFCON was so rubbish, I'd say a tiny country like Panama shouldn't have any problem whatsoever beating 70% of African teams based on what I saw at the recently concluded Gold Cup. Ditto the USA female team that won the last women's world cup, and I don't even rate women's football at all. And football is meant to be the major sport in Africa, yet the standard is still utter poor - shameful.

The fact that the SE didn't make that tournament should've been a national disgrace, based on the population of the country alone. I don't even like talking about things like that on this forum cos the majority of folks have a tendency of getting too emotional, rather than looking at things logically. And it's always about attacking folks for speaking the truth, not celebrating mediocrity, and not being as delusional as they're.

Hopefully, whoever is in-charge of the SE will do the right thing. SE used to be fun to watch growing up and that used to be everyone's bragging rights over Ghanaians. But today, even little Ghana has left Nigeria behind. grin

1 Like

Re: Sunday Oliseh Visits Liverpool Jordon Ibe by bqlekan(m): 1:17pm On Aug 06, 2015
SirShymexx:

Lol. The last AFCON was so rubbish, I'd say a tiny country like Panama shouldn't have any problem whatsoever beating 70% of African teams based on what I saw at the recently concluded Gold Cup. Ditto the USA female team that won the last women's world cup, and I don't even rate women's football at all. And football is meant to be the major sport in Africa, yet the standard is still utter poor - shameful. grin
I tell you my brother, may God help this country
Re: Sunday Oliseh Visits Liverpool Jordon Ibe by sunsewa: 1:53pm On Aug 06, 2015
l don't see him playing for us,a raw talent England can't afford to miss,already under their consideration.
Re: Sunday Oliseh Visits Liverpool Jordon Ibe by TizaBaibe(m): 2:54pm On Aug 06, 2015
Oliseh bring us fanendo adi of copahengan denmark
[color=#000099][/color]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sunday Oliseh Visits Liverpool Jordon Ibe by Lovexme(m): 3:49pm On Aug 06, 2015
Jordon Ibe has rejected the offer to play for the Nigerian Super Eagles.

Source: Liverpool Echo
Re: Sunday Oliseh Visits Liverpool Jordon Ibe by Lovexme(m): 3:50pm On Aug 06, 2015
[size=20pt]Jordon Ibe has rejected the offer to play for the Nigerian Super Eagles.[/size]

Source: Liverpool Echo
Re: Sunday Oliseh Visits Liverpool Jordon Ibe by kobonaire(m): 3:52pm On Aug 06, 2015
Tolexander:
Nice,
The guy is a talented footballer and will be good for the Super Eagle.
I pray he doesn't end up like Victor Moses anyway
!
what has happened to him?
Re: Sunday Oliseh Visits Liverpool Jordon Ibe by Tolexander: 9:20pm On Aug 06, 2015
Bonapart:
my life is sure already but you, you need life
ya, your life is sure already in hell!

Rot in hell puppy!
Re: Sunday Oliseh Visits Liverpool Jordon Ibe by Godwinmbina(m): 10:50pm On Aug 06, 2015
nice hearing that
Re: Sunday Oliseh Visits Liverpool Jordon Ibe by swezenberg(m): 11:37pm On Aug 06, 2015
Liverpool has two Nigerian players in their team. Jordon Olufemi Ibe and Sheri Ojo
Re: Sunday Oliseh Visits Liverpool Jordon Ibe by swezenberg(m): 11:37pm On Aug 06, 2015
Liverpool has two Nigerian players in their team. Jordon Olufemi Ibe and Sheyi Ojo

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Qatar World Cup 2022 Quarter-Final Fixtures / South Arica Wants To Replace Nigeria In U-20 Women W’cup / Man United's £989m Squad Is The Most Expensive In The WORLD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.