Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,266 members, 7,887,773 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 01:41 PM

The Dynamics Of Buhari's Anti-corruption War; Winning Battles, Loosing War? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Dynamics Of Buhari's Anti-corruption War; Winning Battles, Loosing War? (519 Views)

Those Opposing Anti-Corruption War Will Suffer Consequences - Says Buhari / Olisah Metuh Offers To Return N400m, Pledges Support For Anti-Corruption War- SR / Buhari’s Anti-corruption War: Business Slows Down For Charter Airlines (Punch) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Dynamics Of Buhari's Anti-corruption War; Winning Battles, Loosing War? by Topsido(m): 6:24pm On Aug 06, 2015
Last Wednesday, while receiving members of the Kano State Public Complaints and Anti-corruption commission, the emir of Kano, who doubles in our collective imagination as a an accomplished and excellent economist, expressed his optimism on President Buhari's ability to fight corruption to stand still. Without forgetting to assume the Yoruba traditional gesture required of one who on certain rare cases object to an elder’s assertion, I say vehemently that the emir might be hoping too much. Need I include that I do not assume him to be simplistic by this remark? Elders do not get analytical with everything. It is the showy youths who do. The former Central Bank Governor whose dielectrics we once enjoyed sure remember the systemics of a game as pervasive as corruption is not one which we can easily project. Will the President bring about a more passionate EFCC? I think he will. Will he follow legal cases to conclusion, yes he will. Imprisonments? There will be a couple. I trust the President will even accord more integrity to his own brand of anti-graft war by being a little impartial. As to the question of if he will win the war I’d maintain a sober silence. Mr. President’s logic of corruption except if revised will not bring a solution to this problem that has been with us even before the advent of the colonials, and which has fastened tenaciously to the fabrics of our everyday life. His political will, however large, will still have to contend with super-rational elements who have come to see the art of taking a little more as a game of survival. I concur it is when an empirically fashioned mixed strategy is employed that we can have a decent amount of hope.

For more:

https://www.naij.com/507016-dynamics-buharis-anti-corruption-crusade-winning-battles-losing-war.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Dynamics Of Buhari's Anti-corruption War; Winning Battles, Loosing War? by ladyF(f): 6:24pm On Aug 06, 2015
Hmmm
Re: The Dynamics Of Buhari's Anti-corruption War; Winning Battles, Loosing War? by Immanueladebol(m): 6:25pm On Aug 06, 2015
Hmmm
Re: The Dynamics Of Buhari's Anti-corruption War; Winning Battles, Loosing War? by deadZONE: 6:26pm On Aug 06, 2015
Re: The Dynamics Of Buhari's Anti-corruption War; Winning Battles, Loosing War? by Kagarko(m): 6:46pm On Aug 06, 2015
May God help our president against the enemies of Nigeria and Nigerians to win and adequately subdue this barbaric elements.

Baba is not moving slow at all.

The temple of the movement is fast and steady.

Nigeria
Sai
Baba.

(1) (Reply)

Cyclical Force- The Nigerian Reality Of Growth Through Intense Differences / Bayelsa Guber: Patience Jonathan Dumps PDP, Backs APC Candidate, Sylva / An Open Letter To Senator Ahmed Lawan And His Cohorts By Ridwan Omooba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.