Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,578 members, 7,905,214 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 08:25 AM

Soldiers Fighting Boko Haram Collect N49K As Monthly Salary? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soldiers Fighting Boko Haram Collect N49K As Monthly Salary? (1643 Views)

Nigerian Soldiers Fighting Boko Haram, Garnish Their Jollof Rice With Snake Meat / Food Given To Nigerian Soldiers Fighting Boko Haram - Politicsngr.com / Osinbajo Visits Wounded Soldiers Fighting Boko Haram In Yola (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soldiers Fighting Boko Haram Collect N49K As Monthly Salary? by Flirtval: 6:51pm On Aug 06, 2015
According to Kayode Ogundamisi, that is the reality of Nigerian soldiers fighting Boko Haram. Their daily feeding allowance is said to be N500. Sad!

Re: Soldiers Fighting Boko Haram Collect N49K As Monthly Salary? by INTROVERT(f): 6:53pm On Aug 06, 2015
angry angry sad sad sad sad sad
Re: Soldiers Fighting Boko Haram Collect N49K As Monthly Salary? by Nobody: 6:54pm On Aug 06, 2015
undecided
Re: Soldiers Fighting Boko Haram Collect N49K As Monthly Salary? by Nobody: 6:57pm On Aug 06, 2015
undecided
Re: Soldiers Fighting Boko Haram Collect N49K As Monthly Salary? by Nobody: 7:04pm On Aug 06, 2015
lipsrsealed
Re: Soldiers Fighting Boko Haram Collect N49K As Monthly Salary? by todayguest(m): 7:05pm On Aug 06, 2015
And what do they recieve has allowances?
Re: Soldiers Fighting Boko Haram Collect N49K As Monthly Salary? by Ewizard(m): 7:18pm On Aug 06, 2015
cry cry
Re: Soldiers Fighting Boko Haram Collect N49K As Monthly Salary? by PedroJP(m): 7:38pm On Aug 06, 2015
And our law makers will break our laws and take millions home
Re: Soldiers Fighting Boko Haram Collect N49K As Monthly Salary? by otumopkor(m): 7:43pm On Aug 06, 2015
chowlade:
That's why they use d gun to rob bf they r satisfy

Americans would never say such about their military... retract your silly and misguided comment you idiot
Re: Soldiers Fighting Boko Haram Collect N49K As Monthly Salary? by prudentcy(m): 7:55pm On Aug 06, 2015
I met a friend of mine 3 days ago after 4 years and I was so surprised when he showed me his pictures on his phone. He has joined Nigerian army and he told me that he's one of the soldiers confronting the boko haram which I saw the pictures where they were on battle field and i also saw his anti terrorist squad badge. He said he wants to quit cos their salary is either 49k or 50k sha which means the OP is right and I was like WTF! are you for real? He showed me one of his friends that boko haram killed and another army that has joined boko haram cos the army didn't show up on time when their choppers came to pick them up and he was chased by the boko haram and they captured him alive. My friend told me that so many solders have been killed and the worst part of it is that Nigerian army won't inform their family or compensate them. This country is so bleeped.
Re: Soldiers Fighting Boko Haram Collect N49K As Monthly Salary? by Omololu007(m): 7:57pm On Aug 06, 2015
O ga o
Re: Soldiers Fighting Boko Haram Collect N49K As Monthly Salary? by Omololu007(m): 8:02pm On Aug 06, 2015
prudentcy:
I met a friend of mine 3 days ago after 4 years and I was so surprised when he showed me his pictures on his phone. He has joined Nigerian army and he told me that he's one of the soldiers confronting the boko haram which I saw the pictures where they were on battle field and i also saw his anti terrorist squad badge. He said he wants to quit cos their salary is either 49k or 50k sha which means the OP is right and I was like WTF! are you for real? He showed me one of his friends that boko haram killed and another army that has joined boko haram cos the army didn't show up on time when their choppers came to pick them up and he was chased by the boko haram and they captured him alive. My friend told me that so many solders have been killed and the worst part of it is that Nigerian army won't inform their family or compensate them. This country is so bleeped.

so r u sayin Nigerian soldiers fightin boko haram do not receive any oda payment xcept from dia salaries?
Re: Soldiers Fighting Boko Haram Collect N49K As Monthly Salary? by Nobody: 8:43pm On Aug 06, 2015
all I have to say is 'na' real 'waoooo'.
Re: Soldiers Fighting Boko Haram Collect N49K As Monthly Salary? by Nobody: 8:49pm On Aug 06, 2015
Omololu007:
so r u sayin Nigerian soldiers fightin boko haram do not receive any oda payment xcept from dia salaries?

whatever allowances it might be that they are collecting, allowances always come with clauses, so it's their basic salary that's N49K which is very small for soldiers that are defending the nation. it might even be possible that this low salary might be a reason for a poor performance of the soldiers.
just imagine this scenario where a group of soldiers found one of many boko haram hideouts, then one of the soldiers brought a suggestion of invading the hideout and killing every terrorist there, then another soldier responded thus "how much dem dey pay us wey we go dey risk our life, make we forget say we don swear oath to protect our nation, buh they suppose they pay us nah, abeg i no fit go die ooo"

#just_saying
Re: Soldiers Fighting Boko Haram Collect N49K As Monthly Salary? by Nobody: 8:50pm On Aug 06, 2015
lalasticlala, how far this topic nah...
Re: Soldiers Fighting Boko Haram Collect N49K As Monthly Salary? by ki02020(m): 8:55pm On Aug 06, 2015
Why can't they just make it 50000 naira
Re: Soldiers Fighting Boko Haram Collect N49K As Monthly Salary? by hakeem4(m): 9:00pm On Aug 06, 2015
Cheap
Re: Soldiers Fighting Boko Haram Collect N49K As Monthly Salary? by Aristotle96(m): 9:08pm On Aug 06, 2015
49k no be naira bet slip? Way person play with 100naira win.. Na Watin dem dy pay soldiers way fit die anytime just to save this country..

Re: Soldiers Fighting Boko Haram Collect N49K As Monthly Salary? by gebest: 10:37pm On Aug 06, 2015
Policemen are equally fighting boko haram with 44k monthly salary is way too small, buhari should at least help them by upgrading their salary, i pity d police when 1 of dem was makin call from maiduguri to his family in d south, all they cud here on d phone is 'they are around o' dat was how d policeman died. Too painful.
Re: Soldiers Fighting Boko Haram Collect N49K As Monthly Salary? by Nobody: 10:52pm On Aug 06, 2015
otumopkor:

Americans would never say such about their military... retract your silly and misguided comment you idiot
well this is nigeria. americans soldiers will not rob for people to say negativity abt them.
Re: Soldiers Fighting Boko Haram Collect N49K As Monthly Salary? by Vicadonis(m): 12:24am On Aug 07, 2015
What? Na lie...
Re: Soldiers Fighting Boko Haram Collect N49K As Monthly Salary? by Nobody: 12:47am On Aug 07, 2015
sad but true

Soldiers had insufficient extra mags for their AK
No proper food package for soldiers. the eat dry EBA with egusi. pap n akara ,

we don't value our troops over here

I salute all my brave compatriots fighting to defend us from the forces of Evil
Re: Soldiers Fighting Boko Haram Collect N49K As Monthly Salary? by Nobody: 12:48am On Aug 07, 2015
Dharniel:

whatever allowances it might be that they are collecting, allowances always come with clauses, so it's their basic salary that's N49K which is very small for soldiers that are defending the nation. it might even be possible that this low salary might be a reason for a poor performance of the soldiers.
just imagine this scenario where a group of soldiers found one of many boko haram hideouts, then one of the soldiers brought a suggestion of invading the hideout and killing every terrorist there, then another soldier responded thus "how much dem dey pay us wey we go dey risk our life, make we forget say we don swear oath to protect our nation, buh they suppose they pay us nah, abeg i no fit go die ooo"

#just_saying
our soldiers welfare package is bad plus corruption things are ugly
Re: Soldiers Fighting Boko Haram Collect N49K As Monthly Salary? by joseph1832(m): 12:49am On Aug 07, 2015
Flirtval:
According to Kayode Ogundamisi, that is the reality of
Nigerian soldiers fighting Boko Haram.
Their daily feeding allowance is said to be N500. Sad!
I believe the said money is their total allowance not salary, I still won't believe the a first lieutenant will be collecting 49k as Salary.
Re: Soldiers Fighting Boko Haram Collect N49K As Monthly Salary? by fitzmayowa: 1:19am On Aug 07, 2015
Not that alone, you need to visit the barracks you will cry for those that swore to protect the integrity of this country...SMH
Re: Soldiers Fighting Boko Haram Collect N49K As Monthly Salary? by fitzmayowa: 1:20am On Aug 07, 2015
IbnSultaan:
sad but true

Soldiers had insufficient extra mags for their AK
No proper food package for soldiers. the eat dry EBA with egusi. pap n akara ,

we don't value our troops over here

I salute all my brave compatriots fighting to defend us from the forces of Evil

The bolded is so true, you will see nigerians that can't carry a pistol to save their own lives come on the internet and hurl insults at our gallant soldiers putting their lives on the line despite the horrible condition they work in...

May God continue to protect our soldiers...
Re: Soldiers Fighting Boko Haram Collect N49K As Monthly Salary? by mikolo80: 1:41am On Aug 07, 2015
Dharniel:

#just_saying
which other job do you know says you for training(doing nothing basically) for 35 yrs out of which you will only fight for two or three

mind you they get free housing and training on transferable skills in civilian life
.besides it's not by force to join.
I thought salary was small so I left
suffered unemployment and poverty for 12 yrs
and will jump at army job in the next life
Re: Soldiers Fighting Boko Haram Collect N49K As Monthly Salary? by dfrost: 1:47am On Aug 07, 2015
This is just not fair. cry
Sometimes one wonders why they behave the way they behave. I'm not justifying their attitude against the civilians they swore to protect but we also need to look at what this men and women are passing through. Imagine meeting your secondary school classmate and you're driving a basic car and he has nothing to show for the years he has served in the army. It can be frustrating atimes. The FG should review their welfare package. Good a thing we now have a former officer as our C-in-C of armed forces. Fighting terrorism is not an easy one because terrorists are ready to die at any time...
Re: Soldiers Fighting Boko Haram Collect N49K As Monthly Salary? by Nobody: 1:47am On Aug 07, 2015
Typin
Re: Soldiers Fighting Boko Haram Collect N49K As Monthly Salary? by DonBobes(m): 1:55am On Aug 07, 2015
chowlade:
That's why they use d gun to rob bf they r satisfy

Ur whole family wil die a boko haram death. U dumb fvck. Imagine ur father is among dis same pple bn paid d sed amount of money.
U wil die a useless death.
Re: Soldiers Fighting Boko Haram Collect N49K As Monthly Salary? by Nobody: 2:02am On Aug 07, 2015
DonBobes:

DonBobes family wil die a boko haram death. i'm dumb fvck. Imagine my father is among dis same pple bn paid d sed amount of money.
DonBobes wil die a useless death.
embarassed if i insult u or curse you wouldn't like it

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ngeneukwenu!! What Propaganda Do You Have For Nlders Today? / ☆☆ Happy Independence! ☆☆ Nigeria @ 55. / Dr. Alison Madueke Still Battling With Cancer, See Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.