Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,663 members, 7,968,910 topics. Date: Monday, 07 October 2024 at 02:59 PM

3d Challenge I - Hard Surface Modelling - Art, Graphics & Video (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / 3d Challenge I - Hard Surface Modelling (12241 Views)

Poll: VOTE FOR THE WINNER!

SPYEMY: 0% (0 votes)
CODENAME47: 14% (1 vote)
OKX: 0% (0 votes)
CGKING: 0% (0 votes)
XOTHERMIK: 0% (0 votes)
SLIMWORKS: 0% (0 votes)
WILSONHAZE: 85% (6 votes)
This poll has ended

for those who wish to learn 3D Animation, modelling and visual effects / 3d Modelling Challenge : Lava Man / 3d Challenge II - Organic Modelling (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3d Challenge I - Hard Surface Modelling by xothermik(m): 1:00pm On Mar 25, 2009
well theres all kinds of stuff in all kinds of places if u know how to get stuff on the net bu if you are a newbie or beginner. you could check out tutcity.com or softutorials.com and go the the 3ds max section there are tons of tutorials mainly basic modeling of small stuff around us. tv set,chair spoon,gym set lightbulb,mugs car wheels etc. they are basic stuff but if u r new those little excercises are what you need to practice to really get the hang of modeling. they will expose you to the different tools and modeling trics and it sticks more than jus readin cuz ur parcticing it. do at least two of these a day and believe me ud b suprised how much u can do in a month. good luck.
Re: 3d Challenge I - Hard Surface Modelling by damseremie(m): 5:17pm On Mar 25, 2009
sdsds
Re: 3d Challenge I - Hard Surface Modelling by CGKing(m): 11:38am On Mar 26, 2009
Ok o, Sen Sei z pixel, i have tried, This is a total of 3 hours of my sleepy time.
And i didnt hear my alarm rign, was late for work, The things men do for love,

Ok its good enough for lighting now, even though so much isnt done yet.

Hey Mr Dams, whenceforth thou cometh?

Re: 3d Challenge I - Hard Surface Modelling by Kemjisuper(m): 1:26pm On Mar 26, 2009
@CGKing
Seriously - Wow! shocked I wonder why you drag with me whenever it comes to logo designs undecided. 3d no dey pay?
Re: 3d Challenge I - Hard Surface Modelling by Whalewale(m): 2:04pm On Mar 26, 2009
i am really impressed with the responses on this thread, , Looks like we have more Max fans in the house
Re: 3d Challenge I - Hard Surface Modelling by zPixel(m): 9:57am On Mar 27, 2009
@CGKing
i can't shout shocked. Nice job. Can you please help us with screenshots like more wireframes, light setup and probably more information on the renderer used. Basically any info that will help us. don't worry about the 3 hrs of your sleepy time, you can take it out on your job lipsrsealed grin

@Whalewale
Hope you're happy now?
Re: 3d Challenge I - Hard Surface Modelling by CGKing(m): 10:38am On Mar 27, 2009
4got to put up the final picture before lighting.

z pixel
Like a simple tutorial? Ok! I will be glad to do that, but I didnt bring the max files to the office.
I will put it together in d weekend. I could also do a tiny pdf of the making for new max pple,
if it would b ok with all.

Re: 3d Challenge I - Hard Surface Modelling by zPixel(m): 10:45am On Mar 27, 2009
@CGking
Excellent mate!
Re: 3d Challenge I - Hard Surface Modelling by CGKing(m): 11:00am On Mar 27, 2009
Kemji, u keep misleading urself
A POC, When since the world began did u and I drag over logo designs?
All I ever did with you was I tried to point u to some truths from comments that
u could be missing. Well it turns out it was a mistake.

I think u need you watch your childish rantings, you have only just made 100 dollars,
(of which we are not sure you actually collected) Im sure if you got a small contract,
nairaland may close down. Pls try to think before you talk
Re: 3d Challenge I - Hard Surface Modelling by Kemjisuper(m): 11:44am On Mar 27, 2009
CGKing:

Kemji, u keep misleading urself
A POC, When since the world began did u and I drag over logo designs?

@CGking:
Since you started insinuating that I'm setting up false competitions and awarding myself the winner! undecided (pls, dare to deny it)

Everybody's good at something, you're a wiz in 3d modeling as we can all see. But when you start making up stories that "a fellow nairaland member is making up stories" - that's a new low! embarassed
Re: 3d Challenge I - Hard Surface Modelling by xothermik(m): 11:52am On Mar 27, 2009
oohhhhh what do we have to do to get a thread to prosper peacfully without gettin some infinite loop of verbal expletives that culminate into the thread being locked these days. if u dont have a thing to post or a comment or criticism relating to the topic or works here carry your market women palaver else where. rilly . i cud help you guys open up a verbal battle thread.
Re: 3d Challenge I - Hard Surface Modelling by damseremie(m): 3:30pm On Mar 27, 2009
@Cgking, Na wa oo. why u dey oppress us,

CGKing/xothermilk/zpixel great work man
Lets see if i can make out time to be in this, i'll post some wip later 2day,
Re: 3d Challenge I - Hard Surface Modelling by zPixel(m): 4:12pm On Mar 29, 2009
anymore entries?
Re: 3d Challenge I - Hard Surface Modelling by xothermik(m): 6:05pm On Mar 29, 2009
hey z pix looks lyk ur in trouble with the moderator oh. i mean the graphics video home thread indicated you posted ur stuff 2day around 4 pm but its not here for viewing jus like the last time u tried to post. it wud b a shame if u cant share it with the nairaland folk.(cuz iv seen it grin ). i ll try finish mine this night.
Re: 3d Challenge I - Hard Surface Modelling by ajekpaks(m): 6:12pm On Mar 29, 2009
My brothers make una no mind me too much, abeg, all this grammer whey una dey blow, I just dey enjoy am but I no too understand am

All this 3d this 3d that story no enter me head, no blame me too much because I be ajekpako and na for face me I face you I dey live

But I go like dey orientated for this stuffs, I sabi learn sumtin fast fast

Una fit tell me wheere i go start to learn this stuffs

With likkle or no pepper at all, of course

Abeg who go fit helep me??
Re: 3d Challenge I - Hard Surface Modelling by slimworks: 8:40am On Mar 30, 2009
this is why we r stuck where we are in graphics in this country, why is every body modeling the same thing,shhheeesh! u guys shock somebody!@#%%, men i don tire,

anyways i was born to do the weird so,

why no poser i will post my death god version in the gallery so u guys go check it out.

here guys i hope it meets up, and if it doesnt no biggy, i hate modeling any ways, good luck to all contestants,

Re: 3d Challenge I - Hard Surface Modelling by slimworks: 8:44am On Mar 30, 2009
was done in cinema 4d,will post wire frames and updates soon my brothers and sisters, feel free to break a leg.
Re: 3d Challenge I - Hard Surface Modelling by sojioguns(m): 9:54am On Mar 30, 2009
This is the first thread that has impressed me until the anticlimax. Well done guys. I really hope to do work with you guys.
Re: 3d Challenge I - Hard Surface Modelling by Kemjisuper(m): 10:10am On Mar 30, 2009
@Slimworks
Like I said before - WiCkEd!!! shocked
Re: 3d Challenge I - Hard Surface Modelling by codename47(m): 1:34pm On Mar 30, 2009
so it ends today. i started with my WIP and was intimidated with wot u guys put up, i must say, u guys really are good, i felt challenged (which we all need as artists).
SO i humbly drop this one, i abandoned it after i saw ur wox but recently just picked it up again.
MORE of this challenges pls. am bored,

Re: 3d Challenge I - Hard Surface Modelling by zPixel(m): 2:40pm On Mar 30, 2009
@slimworks
Nice deviation smiley , pls post wires.

@codename47
This is what am talking about, you've definately worked on this nice. Wires and shader/light setup pls.
Re: 3d Challenge I - Hard Surface Modelling by zPixel(m): 2:45pm On Mar 30, 2009
I was thinking of adding a poll for voting, but am getting errors. Anyways, since this challenge will probably close tonight (you can still post later sha), I'll be posting my entry today and voting starts tomorrow grin.

@CGKing
how far now?
Re: 3d Challenge I - Hard Surface Modelling by codename47(m): 5:24pm On Mar 30, 2009
here we go,

Re: 3d Challenge I - Hard Surface Modelling by zPixel(m): 5:35pm On Mar 30, 2009
@codename47
Ose. what's the name of that shader for rendering wireframe?
Re: 3d Challenge I - Hard Surface Modelling by codename47(m): 5:49pm On Mar 30, 2009
@ZPIXEL
Its Vray all thru, i just assigned a VrayEdgeTex in the diffuse slot, thats wot does the wireframe thingy.
Re: 3d Challenge I - Hard Surface Modelling by CGKing(m): 4:36pm On Mar 31, 2009
Great works everyone.

@ pixel,
men i couldnt make the hit target o, work is piling.
I hope I can still post after today.

You have a message o
Re: 3d Challenge I - Hard Surface Modelling by zPixel(m): 4:53pm On Mar 31, 2009
@CGking

no wahala
Re: 3d Challenge I - Hard Surface Modelling by zPixel(m): 7:53pm On Mar 31, 2009
Please lets start voting(exclude posters entry).

I think i can post a screenshot of mine now. I'll post the finished version tomorrow along with a simple tutorial on the project.

Re: 3d Challenge I - Hard Surface Modelling by wilsonhaze(m): 11:38am On Apr 01, 2009
Here's mine, i had to rush it as fast as i could, so it could go online. So i didnt have much time to detail the modeling. Judge mildly plzz,

Re: 3d Challenge I - Hard Surface Modelling by codename47(m): 3:11pm On Apr 01, 2009
@zPixel: WOW, nice one, looks like NURBS. real nice work.
Re: 3d Challenge I - Hard Surface Modelling by Kemjisuper(m): 3:36pm On Apr 01, 2009
My good Lord! shocked

See me see 3d casings na! shocked shocked shocked
Re: 3d Challenge I - Hard Surface Modelling by sojioguns(m): 4:02pm On Apr 01, 2009
Wilsonhaze! Wilsonhaze!! Wilsonhaze!!!
You cannot finish the work I gave you but you are posting on Nairaland abi
Nice one anyway. Now oya back to work.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Want to Join Team of 3D Animators? / Pencil Portrait Of Bob Marley / Whatsapp Group For Graphics Design

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.