Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,783 members, 7,875,938 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 03:46 AM

Did Blogger Dayo Coker Receive Death Threats From Intercontinental Bank? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Did Blogger Dayo Coker Receive Death Threats From Intercontinental Bank? (12901 Views)

Principal Gets Death Threats For Releasing Buhari’s Results / Threats From Buhari Supporters On Social Media In 2015 Election ( Pictures) / Lai Alabi Fmr MD Of Intercontinental Bank Arrested For Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did Blogger Dayo Coker Receive Death Threats From Intercontinental Bank? by mustafar1: 9:51pm On Mar 24, 2009
DayoCoker:

I'm going to drop a bomb very soon. Then everyone will see that this bullshit northern oligarch conspiracy is a story that was hatched by Emeka Anaeto and his underlings at Intercontinental Bank's PR desk. Maybe you Intercontinental Bank staff members should tell this forum how much your bank has contributed to Vanguard's Bankers Awards since its inception. Vanguard is an undistinguished ragsheet. Stop spinning conspiracy theories and answer the real questions. I have just obtained documents showing the incredible dealings between Intercontinental Bank and Tropics Finance, owned by Mrs Tolulope Olufunmilayo Anthonia Akingbola, Erastus's wife. The only reason that Intercontinental hasn't collapsed is because of RCCG and the corrupt public sector. Wait for the bomb. It's coming very soon.
By the way, when I looked in the mirror this morning, I didn't look like a northerner.

dayo.coker@gmail.com
daycoker.

make sure its one that causes the mushroom cloud and the whole 9 abeg. no partial expose. lets throw out the trash in its entirety once and for all if you trully have what u claim to have and its the truth and verifiable.
Re: Did Blogger Dayo Coker Receive Death Threats From Intercontinental Bank? by felifeli: 10:05pm On Mar 24, 2009
@DayoCoker
You didn't look like a Northerner ? So what do you look like then ? How about showing us your face then to convince us  that you are real. The internet is really so good a hiding place for  cowards. It is so easy to sit in front of a computer and  make the world believe that you are exactly the opposite of what you really are.  Grow up man and go get a job. Blackmail is bad.
Re: Did Blogger Dayo Coker Receive Death Threats From Intercontinental Bank? by neogogo(f): 11:16pm On Mar 24, 2009
the plot thickens!

I'm on the edge of my seat!!!

This is better than a bend down bookstore thriller novel!

What ever next!!!!
Re: Did Blogger Dayo Coker Receive Death Threats From Intercontinental Bank? by koleyewon: 11:48pm On Mar 24, 2009
Dear Coker

I am a happy customer of Intercontinental Bank with a sizeable deposit. My heart bled to read what you had written. I wondered whether you were referring to the same Intercontinental Bank, one of Nigeria's highflying banks as you rightly described them.

I restrained from reacting immediately pending my enquiry into some of the allegations in your write-up. Below are my findings;

1. All banks had given loans to Petroleum marketers and to players in the Capital Market. Yes there is a downturn today in those businesses. It is a cyclical thing which will rebound. Nobody needs lose his pants for that! Besides the bank has continued to attend to us their customers efficiently and has indeed advanced a sizeable loan to the company I work for.

2. The CBN knows about banks intimately and are in a position to make statements concerning the health of any bank and indeed the industry. Perhaps you do not know. CBN has resident examiners in the banks. They receive daily on-line access into the books of banks. The CBN is not one single person. There is what is called a structure by which big organizations run and make decisions. Perhaps you have not heard of corporate governance. CBN is not a one-man business or some phantom organization. Governors of Central Banks are not given to talking too much except they are stating facts. The man (CBN Governor) is doing an excellent job and hope he will not be distracted by your likes. Must you mindlessly join the pull-down mentality? Our current CBN Governor has been acclaimed and recognized internationally just as is Intercontinental Bank. Why must you vow that nothing good should come from our country? You need to catch the Nigerian rebranding train! The bank is doing well and there is a very positive indication from the third quarter results they published last time. I am not just a customer but also a shareholder - an investor, am looking forward to good returns for their financial year ended February 28 from the bank even in the midst of this turbulent period world-wide, not a million baseless lies can change that.

3. In the course of the week my organization made our VAT remittance through the bank. VAT is one of FIRS revenues they collect. We routinely pay our customs Duty through them. If you must lie why take on something that is so glaring? Do you have no shame or regard for credibility?

4. It is well known that EFCC seeks to prevent, investigate and prosecute financial crimes. If a customer obtains a loan from a bank, it is more likely that the bank will be going after the borrower with possible assistance of EFCC if things go wrong. So why struggle so hard to turn the story around against the bank? Why suggest that EFCC could be aiding a possible loan defaulter against a bank and their staff. Please put some more thoughts to your insinuations before making them public.

5. Banks do not raise money by increasing their minimum balance or account opening requirement; more likely a bank that increases is getting more selective! Probably following public outcry the bank listened and reversed its decision on increasing accounts opening balance and minimum balance. Nothing can be more courageous and commendable.

6. As for their system that had problems. Though there were hitches I was able to do my transactions during the period. Their ATMs were dispensing cash and so were their cashiers. Yes there were crowds a times and it was not the standard of service we were used to from them. We got some service all the same. Yes on 5th and 6th March the bank had a computer problem that hampered the on-line services and consequently there were crowds in some branches due to use of manual process of pay and receive. The bank has been apologizing over and over on account of this. Like everything man made, computer systems fails all over the world. In their case, their rate of recovery was remarkable, must you concoct a huge lie around this glitch. Extreme and wicked pervasion indeed! Fortunately for them even in the midst of the computer system problems, many customers were coming to deposit their money with them. It is a brand they have taken time to build over the years; Nigerians love the bank and are in no mood to be distracted by wicked, malicious and baseless concoction. What is driving you? What is the motivation for your venom and lies that were flowing through your write-up?

7. You even grudge someone who has worked so hard and through entrepreneurial drive has not only lifted himself but the nation. While I know Dr. Erastus Akingbola is not given to flamboyance unlike many of his peers and juniors should he decide to buy a Rolls Royce Phantom, I can only say a worker is worthy of his pay. This is a man you will more likely find in the church or involved with some charity and philanthropic endeavours than in high society parties and gatherings. He has maintained this consistency over the years. Even if you were commissioned to pull him down must you? Pray that God does not act against you in Vengeance. For the CBN Governor, you did not appoint him, you cannot remove him together with your pay master if you have one.
The people charged with the responsibility will take the appropriate decision when the time comes. There is no taking away from the fact that he is one of the most revered Governors of Central Banks in the world. He is a Nigerian shining star! After CBN, should he desire a plum job he will not look for one for too long. Believe me.

8. Financial Times of London (FT) is an authoritative source of financial journalism world-wide. One of the very best. The Banker its affiliate remains a highly credible Banking Journal. Their awards are highly sought after and celebrated globally. They have spoken about Intercontinental Bank based on facts and figures, as one of the fastest growing banks in the world; they have ranked the bank as one of the top 500 banking brands globally ahead of all but one in Nigeria. Intercontinental has investment grade national ratings from Fitch, Standard and Poors, Agusto & Co. Ltd etc. These International Agencies cannot also be lying! They are all corroborating each other in saying the bank is good.

9. You take Nigerians for granted by thinking your lies and demarketing gimmicks can stick, Sorry Dayo Nigerians are not fools. If you are a hatchet man, pick your target more carefully next time and please, please, please do your home work well. Stop making a fool of yourself. Blackmail does not pay, go and find a worthy job, hardworking organisations will not allow you to extort from them, trust me you missed it this time.
Re: Did Blogger Dayo Coker Receive Death Threats From Intercontinental Bank? by blacklion(m): 12:50am On Mar 25, 2009
PapaBrowne:

The truth has been revealed!!!!
The source of the attack on Intercontinental bank has been exposed!
It is not fellow banks trying to De-Market Intercontinental bank!

It is the same Northern Cabal that has held Nigeria back all these years, trying to take over the banking industry which they lost a grip of during the consolidation exercise!
To all you guys who have been trying to pull down Intercontinental bank, Read the article below culled from Vanguard Newspapers!
The Dayo Coker Blogger is not real, it is just a fake name used to make it appear like a Yoruba blogger!

It's a pity how ignorant southerners (many of them Nairalanders) keep helping these very few Northern oligarchs rape them of every opportunity and resource they have!! You better get wiser![/b]You've been raped with JAMB,Quota system, Land Use act, Federal character and all the other jargon they've used over the years. Now its time for the banks!
If they succeed in making Government buy stake in the top 5 banks, the first thing they would introduce is Federal Character! They sack half the southerners working in these banks and fill them with illiterate Notherners, the same way they did NNPC, NPA and all the other government agencies!
You better wake up!

[b]Read

Links
http://www.vanguardngr.com/content/view/31666/41/

[url]http://www.businessdayonline.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3872:group-plots-takeover-of-five-top-banks-vanguard&catid=122:press&Itemid=202
[/url]

Cock and fairy bull stories!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you that desperate?

is this the best spiel that Intercontinental PR department can come up with?

Northern oligarchy indeed!

Abeg stop perambulating and answer to the specific allegations raised -

1. N19 billion unsecured facility to Tanzila Petroleum

2. US$200 million unsecured facility to James Ibori for the acquisition of WILBROS

Answer these allegations directly and stop beating about the bush.

You think you are dealing with small kids who don't know what's going on?

Why
Re: Did Blogger Dayo Coker Receive Death Threats From Intercontinental Bank? by devayid(m): 12:51am On Mar 25, 2009
I am a happy customer of Intercontinental Bank with a sizeable deposit. My heart bled to read what you had written. I wondered whether you were referring to the same Intercontinental Bank, one of Nigeria's highflying banks as you rightly described them.

You really expect me to believe you're a "happy customer" of intercontinental?? negroe please,  I can spot corporate writing no matter how hard you try and disguise it.

1. All banks had given loans to Petroleum marketers and to players in the Capital Market. Yes there is a downturn today in those businesses. It is a cyclical thing which will rebound. Nobody needs lose his pants for that! Besides the bank has continued to attend to us their customers efficiently and has indeed advanced a sizeable loan to the company I work for.

*cough*bulls*t*cough*

2. The CBN knows about banks intimately and are in a position to make statements concerning the health of any bank and indeed the industry. Perhaps you do not know. CBN has resident examiners in the banks. They receive daily on-line access into the books of banks. The CBN is not one single person. There is what is called a structure by which big organizations run and make decisions. Perhaps you have not heard of corporate governance. CBN is not a one-man business or some phantom organization. Governors of Central Banks are not given to talking too much except they are stating facts. The man (CBN Governor) is doing an excellent job and hope he will not be distracted by your likes. Must you mindlessly join the pull-down mentality? Our current CBN Governor has been acclaimed and recognized internationally just as is Intercontinental Bank. Why must you vow that nothing good should come from our country? You need to catch the Nigerian rebranding train! The bank is doing well and there is a very positive indication from the third quarter results they published last time. I am not just a customer but also a shareholder - an investor, am looking forward to good returns for their financial year ended February 28 from the bank even in the midst of this turbulent period world-wide, not a million baseless lies can change that.

the nature of the cbn and the supposed credibility of the cbn governor is irrelevant. Rebranding Nigeria is also not the same as brainwashing Nigerians. AH you're a shareholder,

4. It is well known that EFCC seeks to prevent, investigate and prosecute financial crimes. If a customer obtains a loan from a bank, it is more likely that the bank will be going after the borrower with possible assistance of EFCC if things go wrong. So why struggle so hard to turn the story around against the bank? Why suggest that EFCC could be aiding a possible loan defaulter against a bank and their staff. Please put some more thoughts to your insinuations before making them public.

you're joking right? efcc how many high profile cases have miraculously disappeared

5. Banks do not raise money by increasing their minimum balance or account opening requirement; more likely a bank that increases is getting more selective! Probably following public outcry the bank listened and reversed its decision on increasing accounts opening balance and minimum balance. Nothing can be more courageous and commendable.

riiiight,   none of us here went to school. we don't understand the basics of the banking system,  

6. As for their system that had problems. Though there were hitches I was able to do my transactions during the period. Their ATMs were dispensing cash and so were their cashiers. Yes there were crowds a times and it was not the standard of service we were used to from them. We got some service all the same. Yes on 5th and 6th March the bank had a computer problem that hampered the on-line services and consequently there were crowds in some branches due to use of manual process of pay and receive. The bank has been apologizing over and over on account of this. Like everything man made, computer systems fails all over the world. In their case, their rate of recovery was remarkable, must you concoct a huge lie around this glitch. Extreme and wicked pervasion indeed! Fortunately for them even in the midst of the computer system problems, many customers were coming to deposit their money with them. It is a brand they have taken time to build over the years; Nigerians love the bank and are in no mood to be distracted by wicked, malicious and baseless concoction. What is driving you? What is the motivation for your venom and lies that were flowing through your write-up?

staff alert!

7. You even grudge someone who has worked so hard and through entrepreneurial drive has not only lifted himself but the nation. While I know Dr. Erastus Akingbola is not given to flamboyance unlike many of his peers and juniors should he decide to buy a Rolls Royce Phantom, I can only say a worker is worthy of his pay. This is a man you will more likely find in the church or involved with some charity and philanthropic endeavours than in high society parties and gatherings. He has maintained this consistency over the years. Even if you were commissioned to pull him down must you? Pray that God does not act against you in Vengeance. For the CBN Governor, you did not appoint him, you cannot remove him together with your pay master if you have one.
The people charged with the responsibility will take the appropriate decision when the time comes. There is no taking away from the fact that he is one of the most revered Governors of Central Banks in the world. He is a Nigerian shining star! After CBN, should he desire a plum job he will not look for one for too long. Believe me.

ever heard of the BTK killer? he was a serial killer in the US who evaded capture for years, when they found him eventually he was a church going pillar of his community,   not saying your beloved Akingbola is a serial killer oh,  I'm just saying,  and as for soludo I'm damn sure he won't find it hard find plenty of good income streams when he's done at cbn,  

8. Financial Times of London (FT) is an authoritative source of financial journalism world-wide. One of the very best. The Banker its affiliate remains a highly credible Banking Journal. Their awards are highly sought after and celebrated globally. They have spoken about Intercontinental Bank based on facts and figures, as one of the fastest growing banks in the world; they have ranked the bank as one of the top 500 banking brands globally ahead of all but one in Nigeria. Intercontinental has investment grade national ratings from Fitch, Standard and Poors, Agusto & Co. Ltd etc. These International Agencies cannot also be lying! They are all corroborating each other in saying the bank is good.

remember Cadbury Nigeria?

9. You take Nigerians for granted by thinking your lies and demarketing gimmicks can stick,  Sorry Dayo Nigerians are not fools. If you are a hatchet man, pick your target more carefully next time and please, please, please do your home work well. Stop making a fool of yourself. Blackmail does not pay, go and find a worthy job, hardworking organisations will not allow you to extort from them, trust me you missed it this time.

quite correct! we are not fools!
Re: Did Blogger Dayo Coker Receive Death Threats From Intercontinental Bank? by samparian(m): 2:17am On Mar 25, 2009
Na wah for this case o!!!!
I've had people say i'm a staff of IBPLC becuase i dont buy Mr. Coker's story.
Some poeple are also calling me names because i supported those who said its now "de-marketing".
I dont know which is which here again.
Do you guys think that a customer of the said bank cannot also come here and say good things of the bank??
Just as we, the customers protested the 10k minimum balance increase on Nairaland, we still have the right to say "yes" the bank is not performing or "no, you're wrong"

in this case my stance is NO. the bank doesnt have any problem.(none that i know of though)
as a customer, the only time you say your bank has a problem is when your cheques are not honored.
Lets get this facts straight.
None of us know the true state of things. Mr Coker is not a staff of IBPLC, so how did he get all these "said facts" including the "bomb" he threatens to drop??
Why is he doing this? What is in it for him?

If you've ever held a top position in your village/town/school politics, you'll know that there are cases you dont just delve into and decide.
you have to get facts and also ask yourself these questions when allegations are made;

why? where? How? why now? Whats in it for the complainant?
Answer these questions, and you're not far from the truth!
Re: Did Blogger Dayo Coker Receive Death Threats From Intercontinental Bank? by openej: 8:07am On Mar 25, 2009
Dayo,

I think you are trying too hard to make your points. A good article will sell itself. You have already told us the bank is on the verge of collapse, then rest your case and let Nigerians make their decisions.

You are taking this issue too personal and as such discrediting your article. Your criticisms are well noted but allow the public to make up their minds on the issues raised rather than sounding as a prophet of doom and assuming the position of a regulatory authority.

Let the issues raised generate public opinions and not you instigating them to follow hook line and sinker your own point of view.
Re: Did Blogger Dayo Coker Receive Death Threats From Intercontinental Bank? by felifeli: 10:15am On Mar 25, 2009
Paranoia , grand delusion . I have seen this sort of condition before and it is common with people on hard drugs - the very serious cases. Better go to the mental hospital and seek help man or you will soon be walking naked in the street.
Re: Did Blogger Dayo Coker Receive Death Threats From Intercontinental Bank? by neogogo(f): 2:09pm On Mar 25, 2009
bored, now. bye, retards.
you know yourselves.
Re: Did Blogger Dayo Coker Receive Death Threats From Intercontinental Bank? by ExInferis(m): 3:02pm On Mar 25, 2009
dayo coker is a liar and an attention LovePeddler. the mail is obviously fake, if anyone wants to threaten you its the legal department. besides, the addressing format is obviously fake to any halfwit with an email. "hide details"? which email client has that option? and what details are being hid given the "sender"s email address is displayed?

dayo, if you want attention and relevance, avoid this pretty obvious, childish fraud.

PS: i do not work FOR any bank, i do work WITH them. As a Financial analyst who sometimes makes financial intelligence reports to relevant bodies (one of which begins with the letter E) i tell you that almost ALL our banks are at risk by virtue of being overexposed but few stand the immediate risk of floundering. Intercontinental Bank is certainly not going down soon.
Re: Did Blogger Dayo Coker Receive Death Threats From Intercontinental Bank? by sk8erBoy: 3:42pm On Mar 25, 2009
oh, how bad it must feel,IB Plc has contributed so much to Vanguard and nothing to you or your faceless cohorts whose intrests you pursue,
Re: Did Blogger Dayo Coker Receive Death Threats From Intercontinental Bank? by oriauwa: 4:22pm On Mar 25, 2009
Dayo Coker

Your last two write-ups show clearly that you have some scores to settle with Erastus Akingbola. So maybe you should leave Intercontinental Bank out of this. You appear to be a frustrated and/or rusticated employee of the bank, the type of child that says if I cannot have a toy, no other child will play with it, I will rather destroy it. The type of man that exits a building and wants to pull it down on other innocent occupants. It appears your conscience is dead, that even when you defraud an organization and you are punished, you have no sense of remorse to make a new beginning. You betrayed investment of your parent, the organization that nurtured you and the Nigerian nation.
Re: Did Blogger Dayo Coker Receive Death Threats From Intercontinental Bank? by jimuchy: 6:46pm On Mar 25, 2009
Dayo Coker go to hell all your type just go about talking rubbish yo know nothing about I repeat go to hell my money is safe where it is and it will continue to be safe you have forgotten that if this bank goes down some other banks and financial institution will go with it I repeat go to hell beacuse your initial rumour of distress has been killed by CBN you want to cook up another one MY FRIEND GO TO HELL
Re: Did Blogger Dayo Coker Receive Death Threats From Intercontinental Bank? by jimuchy: 6:54pm On Mar 25, 2009
blacklion or black monkey wetin you call yourself do you want to see more unsecured loan go to other banks you go type you go tire abi you no hear of N17billion wey loss through Ali Baba wife for Bank PHB abeg comot for here all Nigerian banks get issues leave that thing meshonu if u no get anything to say
Re: Did Blogger Dayo Coker Receive Death Threats From Intercontinental Bank? by toomuch2: 10:30pm On Mar 25, 2009
First the "attack" on ICB was BECAUSE OF PEOPLE WITH PULL HIM DOWN SYNDROME, now it is 5 banks going under, because of attacks from the NORTHERN CAUCUS cheesy grin cheesy

Nigerians can be gullible and passionate for the wrong reasons sha, banks all over the world are folding like packs of cards yet we have some people defending this bank as if their life depends on it undecided Why? Because Nigerians would rather slave and work for banks rather than create their own businesses embarassed

Abeg I wan open bank account in Naija please, can anyone recommend any bank apart from Intercontinental Bank please grin grin grin
Re: Did Blogger Dayo Coker Receive Death Threats From Intercontinental Bank? by oderemo(m): 10:41pm On Mar 25, 2009
[
quote]Abeg I wan open bank account in Naija please, can anyone recommend any bank apart from Intercontinental Bank
please [quote][/quote]

why dont you try agbonmagbe bank
Re: Did Blogger Dayo Coker Receive Death Threats From Intercontinental Bank? by jimuchy: 6:40am On Mar 26, 2009
Dayo cooker or coker from all your talk about dropping a big bomb or small shit me mind tells me that you are indeed an ex-staff probably sacked for wrong doing and now you want payback I advise you to go to Guardian newspaper and drop your bomb cause the people that matter can read it there Erastus Akingbola will not hear or see u on nairaland so quit the games if you really have a big bomb to drop drop it now and stop telling us to wait for it else you better go back to your former employer and ask for forgiveness cause the way you're going they'll soon find u out and will never respond to your reference if you get another job
Re: Did Blogger Dayo Coker Receive Death Threats From Intercontinental Bank? by jimuchy: 6:46am On Mar 26, 2009
Besides Dayo Coker you look like an Eskimo to me not a northerner

Bye Eskimo
Re: Did Blogger Dayo Coker Receive Death Threats From Intercontinental Bank? by samparian(m): 7:22am On Mar 26, 2009
jimuchy:

Dayo cooker or coker from all your talk about dropping a big bomb or small shit me mind tells me that you are indeed an ex-staff probably sacked for wrong doing and now you want payback I advise you to go to Guardian newspaper and drop your bomb cause the people that matter can read it there Erastus Akingbola will not hear or see u on nairaland so quit the games if you really have a big bomb to drop drop it now and stop telling us to wait for it else you better go back to your former employer and ask for forgiveness cause the way you're going they'll soon find u out and will never respond to your reference if you get another job

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Did Blogger Dayo Coker Receive Death Threats From Intercontinental Bank? by emiemi(f): 10:41am On Mar 26, 2009
Waow, just because someone said something doesn't make it true but then there's this
adage ''There's no smoke without fire''. Hence I won't say I believe or disbelieve what
Dayo Coker has said. I read the blog and I was amazed at the level of information that
ordinary Nigerians would not be privy to that was put up. Most people know very little
about the bank they use. I don't bank with Intercontinental but Ihave friends who bank
and work there. If all these are true, it means people's hard-earned money might get
stuck if the bank liquidates.

Let's get good information before we take action please.
Re: Did Blogger Dayo Coker Receive Death Threats From Intercontinental Bank? by DrLorenz1(m): 2:33pm On Mar 26, 2009
Hmn, very interesting story and even more interesting replies. I'm sure everyone has said what it is to be said, but i'll just make one or two observations.

openej:

Dayo,

I think you are trying too hard to make your points. A good article will sell itself. You have already told us the bank is on the verge of collapse, then rest your case and let Nigerians make their decisions.

Ex Inferis:

dayo coker is a liar and an attention LovePeddler. the mail is obviously fake, if anyone wants to threaten you its the legal department. besides, the [i]addressing format is obviously fake to any halfwit with an email. "hide details"? which email client has that option? and what details are being hid given the "sender"s email address is displayed? [/i]

Based on those two highlighted points, i think I'm inclined to think that Mr. Coker is obviously either trying too hard to make his point or is obviously looking for attention. One very good reason for that is based on the second point, when i read that part, that was the first reaction i had. I mean, the addressing format wasn't what I'm used to seeing in corporate emails. Well Mr. Coker should just leave ICB alone and let Nigerians keep their fingers crossed, toes criss-crossed, and newspapers checked for the "bomb". If what he said is true, then we'll see at the end. On a last note, i don't bank with ICB, but if i wanted to choose a bank to put 99% of my money in, it'd be ICB grin.
Re: Did Blogger Dayo Coker Receive Death Threats From Intercontinental Bank? by samparian(m): 2:58pm On Mar 26, 2009
well said grin grin grin grin
Re: Did Blogger Dayo Coker Receive Death Threats From Intercontinental Bank? by samparian(m): 3:04pm On Mar 26, 2009
I don tire for this accusations and counter accusations.

De-marketing

Pull him down syndrome (abi na spirit)

The fact is that there is global reccession and i know that no bank is safe. IBPLC, GTB, etc, even CBN, afterall the government of Czech republic crashed yesterday because of the recession, while some European countries have declared bankrupty.
We should be happy that no bank has failed in Nigeria and we're just tackling this dollar issue(my major concern as a businessman)
Since IBPLC has now told us again that minimum balance is now 1k, i'm ok. That was why we joined this thread in shouting Ole!

[b]"the best warriors are these two: TIME and PATIENCE" - chinese proverb
time will tell, lets have patience ;[/b]D
Re: Did Blogger Dayo Coker Receive Death Threats From Intercontinental Bank? by feliar(f): 5:46pm On Mar 26, 2009
To start with, i find it very sad that considering the extremely volatile and unpredictable economic atmosphere in which we find ourselves thrust into, some ‘’learned ‘’and ‘’ intelligent’’ individual, such as i would like to ascribe said adjectives to this blogger, would care to begin to propagate such malicious, twisted and obviously self serving lies as facts and not only concoct this tale to maybe convince himself on the state of this highly reputable bank, but going on further to spread said lies, theories and hallucinations to a wide range of individuals, who in turn have, aided with our ever faithful and obviously most efficient means of dispersion, the www, proceeded to spread this misinformation like wild fire. Such far reaching effects and consequences of this barrage of lies can only be left to the imagination.
In effect if a mail was sent to this blogger, it was definitely not sent by the bank’s designated office on such issues. It could have been sent by an overzealous staff. Only overzealous in the sense that the position of replying this gossipmonger is not one of the staff but the designated office charged with managing the corporate image of the bank. All this is in the supposition that the mail was actually sent by a member of staff. Cos as someone clearly pointed out, the presentation of the mail may suggest that we argue its authenticity.
I would also like to point out with firm authority that the underlying facts with which this unrepentant blogger – who by the way for those of you less informed, is constituting a national threat – to our economic stability as well as a social nuisance for creating unnecessary unease in an already tense situation, have been manipulated. In the first instance the purported technical difficulty which the bank experienced lasted 2 days and 2 days only. Subsequent upon which the sms was sent informing customers of the increase in the minimum balance for savings accounts. This was later retracted less than 4 working days later. This blogger has distorted the sequence of events by suggesting that the IT failure was aimed at disabling customers from withdrawing their money and closing out their accounts. I would only like this blogger what business rationale an organization might stand to gain by
(1) Creating panic amongst its most prized assets – customers
(2) Disabling customers from collecting their money by feigning technical failure for just 2 days when this would add no value to the books of the company at the end of the day
I say this with the most respect to this blogger – but you need to open your mind, expand your thinking capacity and use your brain once in a while prior to sending out obviously emotional articles. You need to attack any issue objectively and not emotionally because it appears to me that there is more than ‘’public service ‘’ attached to sending out this obviously flawed report. If you had been more akin to checking and cross checking your ‘’facts’’ which i consider as mere information at this point, asked a couple of questions and reasoned for just about 10 minutes at least, you might have come to the same conclusion that a number of us came to when we read your alert report – this simply does not make any business sense. It appeared that this individual has a vendetta and this mail is simply aimed at causing panic.
Not to overly rush to the defence of the bank, but to ensure that people are given information which are honest and reliable, selfless and objective so they make their own decisions on which way to go – rather than the band wagon effect this writer aimed at achieving. His mail was only geared at distorting information, events and only God knows to what purpose. His only saving grace and possibly the only reason his mouth is still so wide and he remains unrepentant is simply because Nigeria being what it is, one may not be opportune to sue for libel, and damages and in fact anything else that comes to mind for spreading such lies. He may walk freely and use the www to his advantage simply because there may be no apparent way to shut him down.
My advice to the bank – tread carefully before you send out information to your customers, to avoid the embarrassment of having to explain yourself to such malicious people as this blogger. In addition staffs need to be cautioned on the following protocol on the manner in which issues bordering on corporate affairs are handled. Regardless of how emotional one may get on issues of this nature – we should always allow a cooler head and clear thought processes so that we can always make the best decisions. The staff are the image of the bank and the way they coordinate themselves will be a reflection of the bank.
My advice to the blogger/writer – as one who once chaired an editorial i am lost in wonder on your leadership skills. If you are unable to ensure an objective research of facts, little wonder why there is an ‘’ex’’ preceding your editor status. Information which will be disseminated to the public needs to be as reliable as possible. Your comments and view point was highly subjective. If you have a vendetta or grouse with the bank, kindly assume that position and please do not hide behind any front of public service. Do not pursue your personal interests citing other people’s interests as your motivation. Take all the swings you want and all the cheap shots you may desire but kindly do so honestly and with your real intention apparent.

My advice to people who have decided to lend a voice to this propaganda and those of you who say all banks should fail, some day in the nearest future i might take out the time to edify you on the harm of such statements. They not only sing that the writers are oblivious of economic facts, but they are also void of thinking ability – because just in case you are unaware, the survival of any nation’s economy relies sternly on the stiff spine of a thriving banking industry. Your prayers and thoughts to be on the best plan to resuscitate the banking sector, to revive the economy and not make slanderous remarks that can destroy that same economy. We are not mutually exclusive from the revitalization or ruin of our nation’s economy – in so far as we lend a hand to either.
Re: Did Blogger Dayo Coker Receive Death Threats From Intercontinental Bank? by DayoCoker: 7:38pm On Mar 26, 2009
For those of you still doubting the authenticity of the threat email, I'm prepared to forward a copy directly to your inboxes. This way, there will be no question of tampering and suchlike. By the way, I'm not afraid of lawsuits and all this crap about defamation. Nothing I've written is untrue and the documents in my possession ensure that the bank will not take a decision that could finally push it off the precipice.

I observed that like most obtuse Nigerian columnists, Mr Steve Ayorinde decided to savage me in his Thursday Punch column rather than get his facts straight. He claimed that Intercontinental Bank increased its minimum deposit from 5,000 to 10,000 when the previous balance was in fact 1,000. Feliar, I'm curious. Could you please tell me the editorial that you chaired?

Someone in the other Intercontinental bank thread on this forum has wisely suggested how to clean up the mess in our financial system. We must stop commercial banks from keeping government accounts. That way, they will have to fight for patronage and clean up their acts.

The truth has no branches.

dayo.coker@gmail.com
dayocoker.
Re: Did Blogger Dayo Coker Receive Death Threats From Intercontinental Bank? by DayoCoker: 8:16pm On Mar 26, 2009
I am firm believer in collective intelligence. In the push to force Intercontinental Bank to disclose the true state of its affairs, I would like to ask every interested person on Nairaland to join a letter writing campaign to the European Investment Bank, EIB, from which Intercontinental bank claims to have obtained a 50m Euro facility. The point of this letter is to ask them to reveal the true nature of their business with Intercontinental Bank. It is particularly worrying that the bank inaugurated an education foundation soon after announcing the deal.

Please join in this campaign.

dayocoker.
Re: Did Blogger Dayo Coker Receive Death Threats From Intercontinental Bank? by DayoCoker: 8:29pm On Mar 26, 2009
The European Investment Bank can be reached via:

info@eib.org
infopol@eib.org

Thank you.
Re: Did Blogger Dayo Coker Receive Death Threats From Intercontinental Bank? by DayoCoker: 8:30pm On Mar 26, 2009
Correction

The European Investment Bank can be reached via:

info@eib.org
infopol@eib.org

Thank You.
Re: Did Blogger Dayo Coker Receive Death Threats From Intercontinental Bank? by PapaBrowne(m): 9:26pm On Mar 26, 2009
DayoCoker:

I am firm believer in collective intelligence. In the push to force Intercontinental Bank to disclose the true state of its affairs, I would like to ask every interested person on Nairaland to join a letter writing campaign to the European Investment Bank, EIB, from which Intercontinental bank claims to have obtained a 50m Euro facility. The point of this letter is to ask them to reveal the true nature of their business with Intercontinental Bank. It is particularly worrying that the bank inaugurated an education foundation soon after announcing the deal.

dayocoker.

Hmmm Dayo, this your bad belle strong oh!
Are u this desperate? You don't need all this!
Nobody is going to join your personal campaign of vendetta!
It's your fight and you are alone!

@feliar
Perfect reasoning!
Re: Did Blogger Dayo Coker Receive Death Threats From Intercontinental Bank? by mustafar1: 9:32pm On Mar 26, 2009
DayoCoker:

dayocoker.

why do u have to send it to our inboxes. abeg drop ur bomb shell already. ok send it to my mailbox. check my profile for it.
Re: Did Blogger Dayo Coker Receive Death Threats From Intercontinental Bank? by jimuchy: 6:48am On Mar 27, 2009
Dayo Coker from the way you are going about this am overly convinced that you are either an insider or very close to someone who is an insider using you as he or she pleases that is if whatever you claim to be saying is true however if you have cared to read responses people don't believe you if you have shit to say go to the CBN because anything we read here or in the newspaper remains a rumour until CBN comes out to tell us it is true.

In addition I still maintain that you are either an insider who has fallen out of power or you are representing an insider who has fallen out of power whichever way remember when the going was good you were enjoying it whatever you have done go and beg Akingbola for forgiveness the man is a christian and am sure he'll listen to you or your oga and forgive you.

For your information all banks in Nigeria have dirty deals i think you should make a list, we should have about 23 or 24 of them now and start investigating, better start from WEMA bank they have mega issues let me know your findings when you're done

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

We Can't fully Implement The N6.6trillion Budget: SGF / Cabinet Reshuffle: Presidency Taps Senate Ahead Of Resumption / $2.1b Deals: Minimah Refunds N1.7b

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.