Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,661 members, 7,951,783 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 11:57 PM

The Agony Of A/an Average Nigerian Youth...(a Must Read) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Agony Of A/an Average Nigerian Youth...(a Must Read) (499 Views)

The Agony Of Private School Teachers / Can An Average Student Study Medicine And Surgery? / Things An Average Person Should Know Offhand... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Agony Of A/an Average Nigerian Youth...(a Must Read) by saintgp(m): 11:34am On Aug 08, 2015
I wanna b a/an doctor,engineer,accountant,banker,lawyer etc,that is d usual answers to the question:WHAT'S YOUR FUTURE AMBITION?

Although nt usually easy,without much sittings,u make your WAEC/NECO,and then proceeds to write JAMB.wow d joy of passing your first JAMB is usually indescribable but alas the frustration that comes with becoming a regular customer of JAMB as a result post u.m.e upheavals is usually daunting.

PREDEGREE/DIPLOMA:
As a result of post ume frustrations,picking a pre-degree/diploma form becomes an alternative,since that will pave way for one to become familiar with university admission.

100LEVEL(YEAR 1):
After observing how frustrating gaining admission is;the aforementioned future ambitions dies off.all u pray for is admission(course of study is immaterial u would conclude)
Wow finally goodluck has identify with u and u r admitted.the joy of being a university student could make one get carried away:attending parties,wedding(s),get together etc,catching d fun that skul has got to offer becomes d order of d day.
Naive girls get "use and dumped"some guys become prey to HARD-MEN on campus,b4 u knw it exam time,with ur secondary mentality u try u best and within wks exam is over.

200LEVEL(YEAR2):
welcome back to campus."business as usual"u would think.not until 100level result is out;pandemonium everywhere,some are ask to withdraw,others to probate,change of course/faculty for some.then u realize d first real meaning of wat being in a "university"is."RE-PRIORITIZE"becomes d watchword.night class,tutorials etc while to say"BLOCKING" becomes d other of d day so as to get a 2.1.

300/400LEVEL(YEAR 3/4):
skul stress becomes unbearable,missing scripts,I.T etc becomes another hurdle to cross.the need to get a serious bf/gf also becomes necessary."runs-girls"begin to amend their ways,"playboys"begin to quit flirting.relationship issues couple with skul work could make one go mad.
Then again ur prayer changes to: oh God pls help me to scale through.add to that,u become an SSA to jambites:my dear skul life is nt easy oh,this skul way i dey no b am oooo,no reason d name oh,no level,infact i go advice u to chose another skul etc.

400/500/600LEVEL:
hurray,FYB on point.but den project work,frustration from sadistic supervisor,issue of employment after graduating,remembering your parents r ageing,your siblings/relatives looking up to u for sponsorship,ur relationship,etc all dis put together can kabooley u.
One step at a time,atsuch u start with d urgent once;wich is:ur final exams,project etc and b4 u knw it ur a graduate.the joy of being a graduate taking into cognizant d fact dat many who started with u couldn't finish,while some lose their lifes,others got rusticated,some got pregnant etc.thanksgiving/throwing a party will b d next idea.

NYSC:NOW YOUR SUFFERING CONTINUES:
after d ups and down ur expected to serve(suffer)for ur country for another 1yr.although nt easy,bt with time ur done.no molestation,no embarrassment from Bh,militants,nefarious politicians etc no lose of life.

LABOR MARKET/UNEMPLOYMENT/SET-BACK:
At first being a fresh graduate u would want to work with oil Companies/big firms,so u restrict ur well loaded CV to dem alone.months/years passes nd no job forth coming dats wen u get to c sense in d reasons behind y some ibo guys prefer to learn trade.
Well life goes on,expectations r high;ur parents/siblings r no longer finding ur presence at home funny.add to dat ur mates r doing well,some are getting married.
"sister"my daughter" wen r u gonna get married?"bros"my pikin"hw far,u sure say na skul u go,hw come u never get work?,dats becomes one of d everyday question to face with...
Babalaawo,prophets,etc visitation becomes an option,for some yahoo yahoo,arm robbery,runs gal;becoming loyal(boy boy/thug)2politicians becomes a means for surviving.after much pains as a result of ur (dubious acts)loyalty,the politicians decides to give u a job either as a p.a,ssa,councillor chairman or government worker.
Considering ur present age,wat ur mates have achieved,ur family expectations as well as ur expected monthly pay to ur godfather,stealing becomes d only means to survive.

Indeed this and many more are the discombobulating AGONY OF A AVERAGE NIGERIAN YOUTH.
I wish to conclude by using this medium to enjoin those at d top,those who live in affluence to come to d aids of we nigerian youths.pls do well to start with me.....
am a gifted writer,an outstanding event planner/organiser,a polymath,gifted with d ability to thinker of ideas on things one could do to generate money/create job.(although a final yr communication technology undergraduate,am equally an ND in Maritime studies/Information and communication technology holder):my contact:saintgp67@gmail.com.
Pls nigerians lets be our brothers/sisters keeper/helper.God bless u all.

1 Like

Re: The Agony Of A/an Average Nigerian Youth...(a Must Read) by DTOBS(m): 11:37am On Aug 08, 2015
Hmmmm
Re: The Agony Of A/an Average Nigerian Youth...(a Must Read) by eleko1: 11:41am On Aug 08, 2015
sad

(1) (Reply)

Have Your Clothes, Shoes Etc Been Stole In School Hostel? / 2.2 Graduates With A Degree In Mathematics Or Statistics / Study Abroad In Any Country Of Your Choice/visa Processing.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.