Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,912 members, 7,945,941 topics. Date: Wednesday, 11 September 2024 at 09:48 AM

Osun Crisis: APC Legislators Convene Meeting, Invite Omisore, Others - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osun Crisis: APC Legislators Convene Meeting, Invite Omisore, Others (1288 Views)

Buhari Has No Solution To Economic Crisis - APC Chieftain / Senate Crisis: APC Govs Divided Over Saraki / Osun Crisis, Beyond My Control – Aregbesola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osun Crisis: APC Legislators Convene Meeting, Invite Omisore, Others by ajbabs(m): 9:32pm On Aug 08, 2015
The Osun State Legislators’ Forum, comprising
lawmakers at the National Assembly and Osun
State House of Assembly, have invited
stakeholders in the state, including former
governorship candidate of the Peoples
Democratic Party, Senator Iyiola Omisore, to a
conference on how to move the state out of its
present economic crisis.
The lawmakers, who were led to a press
conference in Osogbo on Saturday, by a member
of the House of Representatives, Mrs. Ayo
Omidiran, said the forum was convoking the
meeting in order to get suggestions on how the
state government could get out of the economic
quagmire.
The forum said it was expecting Governor Rauf
Aregbesola; his deputy, Mrs. Titi Laoye-Tomori;
Speaker of the House of Assembly, Mr. Najeem
Salaam, and other leaders to attend the
conference.
Omidiran said the forum decided to call all
stakeholders together to brainstorm on why the
state had been experiencing difficulty in meeting
its financial obligations to workers and
contractors.
She said, “It is true that our dear state is in dire
straits. It is true that our state is going through
hard times. Workers and pensioners are owed
many months’ salary and infrastructural
development projects have come to a halt.
“Members of the Osun Legislators’ Forum
therefore decided to organise this summit to
serve as an avenue to deliberate on the state of
our state, interact with all stakeholders, including
but not limited to all past governors and their
deputies, technocrats and artisans, labour unions
and non governmental organisations, traditional
rulers and market women; in short, everyone that
has a stake in the State of Osun.
“We sent invitation to Senator Iyiola Omisore
because he is a former deputy governor and a
former Senator. We are expecting him and others
to come to the conference.”
Omidiran added that the outcome of the
conference would be presented to Aregbesola,
stating that the forum would wait to see what
the governor would do with it.
Deputy Speaker of the House of Representatives,
Mr. Lasun Yusuf, who is from Osun State, was
absent at the press conference but Omidiran
said the lawmaker was expected to attend the
conference.

http://www.punchng.com/news/osun-crisis-apc-legislators-convene-meeting-invite-omisore-others/
Re: Osun Crisis: APC Legislators Convene Meeting, Invite Omisore, Others by Nobody: 9:34pm On Aug 08, 2015
Ok
Re: Osun Crisis: APC Legislators Convene Meeting, Invite Omisore, Others by seunwen2(m): 9:34pm On Aug 08, 2015
Good move

I'M Oloye

Keneking why you steal my place when you don't have something meaningful to say?
Re: Osun Crisis: APC Legislators Convene Meeting, Invite Omisore, Others by Nobody: 9:35pm On Aug 08, 2015
Re: Osun Crisis: APC Legislators Convene Meeting, Invite Omisore, Others by madridguy(m): 9:35pm On Aug 08, 2015
Any move against APC will be in vain.

APC till 2054
CHANGE
Re: Osun Crisis: APC Legislators Convene Meeting, Invite Omisore, Others by Firefire(m): 9:39pm On Aug 08, 2015
How art thou fallen from the mountain TOP, O' Rauf Aregbesola, where are your O' Yes projects?

O' yes meal

O' yes boys

O' yes girls

You are a complete disgrace to the Omoluabis for mismanaging Osun State resources. Ipinle Omoluabi now in shamble under your watch.

- We are yet to see the benefit of the wasted fund in changing the state name from "Osun State" to the "State of Osun"

- We are yet to see the benefit of building a new airport in Osun when the nearest at Ibadan is just 45 minutes drive away.

- All your projects which necessitated the state increased debt profile is now moribund.

- Where is that your "Tallest Drum" ?

- Have you sold your helicopter ?

- The Fakunle High School converted to Shoprite investment, how far with the ROI?

In a sane society, you should have resigned before now.

http://dailyindependentnig.com/2014/09/aregbesola-best-performing-governor-icpc/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osun Crisis: APC Legislators Convene Meeting, Invite Omisore, Others by ajbabs(m): 9:48pm On Aug 08, 2015
A lecturer in a tertiary institution in Osun State (name withheld), on Thursday, reportedly collapsed inside a bank located within the institution’s premises following a discrepancy in his salary, http://savinggracereporters.com/ headline/lecturer-collapses-in-bank-as- osungovernment-pays-him-n150-instead-of- n150000/

1 Like

Re: Osun Crisis: APC Legislators Convene Meeting, Invite Omisore, Others by Trailblazer1(m): 9:50pm On Aug 08, 2015
undecided
Re: Osun Crisis: APC Legislators Convene Meeting, Invite Omisore, Others by Nobody: 9:50pm On Aug 08, 2015
Firefire:
What is the importance of this meeting after the governor has mismanaged all the state resources?

Re: Osun Crisis: APC Legislators Convene Meeting, Invite Omisore, Others by nzeobi(m): 10:20pm On Aug 08, 2015
madridguy:

APC till 2054
CHANGE
Stop looking for likes in a silly way.
Be objective for once.
Anyway if osun becomes better today, it will benefit both PDP and APC so I welcome it.

3 Likes

Re: Osun Crisis: APC Legislators Convene Meeting, Invite Omisore, Others by madridguy(m): 10:57pm On Aug 08, 2015
With the sitting with the likes of Omisore ? I beg take your time

nzeobi:

Stop looking for likes in a silly way.
Be objective for once.
Anyway if osun becomes better today, it will benefit both PDP and APC so I welcome it.
Re: Osun Crisis: APC Legislators Convene Meeting, Invite Omisore, Others by Ekiti247: 11:58pm On Aug 08, 2015
madridguy:

APC till 2054
CHANGE
Who is moving against APC now?
Re: Osun Crisis: APC Legislators Convene Meeting, Invite Omisore, Others by Nobody: 12:15am On Aug 09, 2015
"land of the tallest drum" in a sane climate Aregbesola would have resigned since.
I suggest that all govs should go and learn from Mr. Peter Obi, the only man that left 80 billion for his successor, I duff my cap 4 dat guy
Re: Osun Crisis: APC Legislators Convene Meeting, Invite Omisore, Others by ajbabs(m): 3:26am On Aug 11, 2015
Will Omisore attend the meeting? I don't know for now

(1) (Reply)

Igbo's Did Not Develop Lagos / More Pictures From The Lagoon Helicopter Crash / Woman Stabbed 3 Times In The Back Over An Umbrella (WARNING PICS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.