Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,176,132 members, 7,896,844 topics. Date: Sunday, 21 July 2024 at 11:12 PM

The 10 Greatest Conmen Of All Time - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The 10 Greatest Conmen Of All Time (1058 Views)

The 10 Poorest States In Nigeria+See The State With The Highest Poverty Rate(pic / Were Is The 10,000 Mega Watts Of Electricity Promise By The Federal Government / Association Of Conmen In Nigeria (acn) Working With Boko Haram? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The 10 Greatest Conmen Of All Time by beystwin: 9:32am On Mar 22, 2009
http://timesbusiness.typepad.com/money_weblog/2009/03/1-buy-brooklyn-bridge---george-c-parker--2-the-poyais-scam---gregor-macgregor--3-selling-the-eiffel-tower---victor-lustig.html

I am very disappointed that no Nigerian made it into the top 10. Why this mediocrity coming from Nigeria? They are known to be the most corrupt country and most adept at fraud. The least they could do is make it into the top 10 fraudsters of all time! I think they should try harder - make Nigeria proud! grin

Seriously though, I think it's hilarious that Nigerians aren't as bad as they are perceived to be!
Re: The 10 Greatest Conmen Of All Time by Nobody: 2:46pm On Mar 22, 2009
The reason is that Nigerians engage mostly in yahoo scams that any "idiot" can do.
The guys listed were actually smart mo-fos. At least that is the case of Abignail.
Re: The 10 Greatest Conmen Of All Time by ElRazur: 2:53pm On Mar 22, 2009
A-town:

The reason is that Nigerians engage mostly in yahoo scams that any "idiot" can do.
The guys listed were actually smart mo-fos. At least that is the case of Abignail.

I believe the film "Catch me if you can" was based on him.
Re: The 10 Greatest Conmen Of All Time by Nobody: 2:59pm On Mar 22, 2009
ElRazur:

I believe the film "Catch me if you can" was based on him.

Yeah it was.

And y the Bleep is "This is spam" written over my post. To whoever did that, go Bleep yourself. If it's because i typed yahoo scam then bleeping update your program.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Has Taken Over Ghana Entertainment Industry / Fec Plans A Video Conference With Yaradua To Assure Nigerians He's Alive / Pandemonium As Policeman Kills Man At Ukwu Orji Road Block - Awka South Lga

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.