Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,708 members, 7,889,246 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 06:40 AM

Advice Needed On How To Get To USA - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Advice Needed On How To Get To USA (484 Views)

Message To Nigerians Coming To USA Very Sobering Message Video / Welcome To USA - Tips And Tricks For Immigrants / Pls How Can I Get Work Permit From Nigeria To USA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Advice Needed On How To Get To USA by Lexinels: 7:22pm On Aug 09, 2015
Good day NLs, I'd really appreciate your advice as I intend to travel to the US but I'm not sure on what ground to apply on. I'm a masters degree holder from the UK who has been in the Naija job market since 2013. I intend to go to the US to hustle and get a job by God's grace but the challenge now is what type of visa to use. I can't get a study visa cos I already hold a masters degree, visit visa is quite risky as they'd assume I'm not coming back. Please I need your help
Re: Advice Needed On How To Get To USA by NaLaugh: 9:05pm On Aug 09, 2015
Having a Master's Degree isn't a bar on further education. If you can afford the cost of another Master's Degree, then that might be your best option.

You get your Graduate program underway, and immediately start prospecting employment in any company willing to apply for a green card on your behalf. Your chances of getting them to do so is directly proportional to your expertise in the field. The more technical, the better.
Re: Advice Needed On How To Get To USA by cozybunch: 9:56pm On Aug 09, 2015
@NaLaugh is correct on futher education. Check out schools for phd or other master programs. Now H1B visa is not as easy as@ NaLaugh said it but it is an option, reason been that such programs is capped. I think is 50,000 visa allowed for each year. The numbers may have changed by now.

F1 visa is always one of the best options to come to u.s legally and stay legal. U.S is not a country you come and stay illegal now because of changes in place now.

There is a huge tension now on the undocumented aliens right now in u.s. My very best advise go through F1 visa process

Good Luck

(1) (Reply)

Google Is Planning To Manufacture Its Own Android Handset / 500 Nigerians Deported From UK Arrive Lagos... / I Need Info About India

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.