Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,137 members, 7,931,889 topics. Date: Monday, 26 August 2024 at 02:01 PM

Global Recession: An Act Of God - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Global Recession: An Act Of God (1032 Views)

Nigeria Is Sliding Into Economic Recession Under Buhari’s Watch – Olisa Agbakoba / Stop Using French Flag As Profile Picture, It's An Act Of Slavery - Reno Omokri / Stella Oduah - Crash Is An Act Of God (Viceo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Global Recession: An Act Of God by ndelta1(m): 12:13pm On Mar 23, 2009
The Economic situation in the world today calls for man to look back on the events and signs in the bible, signs of End time. 2 Timothy 3:1-7 "These know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.  For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, Without natural affection, truce breakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,"  If u read further you will see more. time is telling on the problems posed by men himself. for God tells us on the signs and symbols of End Time.

1. War here and there, Countries waging war against each other, community war tribal and sectional war.

2. Economic down tool, Falling and rising in prices of Goods and services, with the level and numbers of professionals in the field of Economics and business management the world is still running within the circles of Economic woes due to our non regard for God.

3. Gay Marriages, Lesbianism even in the house of God shows more of the END OF DAYS.

A lot, I say A lot has effects on the situation in the world today If only and only If Man will have regard and respect for his creator he will heals his land. "If My people"

Re: Global Recession: An Act Of God by naijacutee(f): 12:35pm On Mar 23, 2009
We have been at the end of age for a while now. Global recession is not an act of God per se, it is a direct result of greed and a lack of ethics. What you sow, you shall reap, the saying goes. . . Western bankers have sowed greedily for years now, and economies are reaping the bad harvest - what has God got to do with it?
Re: Global Recession: An Act Of God by Ibime(m): 12:56pm On Mar 23, 2009
Charlatans have been predicting the end of days since the beginning of the dark ages. You are just another pea-brained charlatan.

I always despair at Christians' inability to read the signs of the times from an astute historical and socio-economic context, rather than looking through eschatological lenses. This foregoing of logical thought process is the reason why many non-Christians shy away from Christianity. What we are facing now is simply a recession. On average, we have a recession every 8 years. This one is worse than most, but nothing compared to 1929. Kini big deal?
Re: Global Recession: An Act Of God by Tunde091: 1:03pm On Mar 23, 2009
Do u think this is an act of God or act of George Bush? All these wahala started because of Iraq & Afgan. war Bush was fighting towards the end of his tenure. Or may be God is angry with d whole world.
Re: Global Recession: An Act Of God by naijacutee(f): 2:15pm On Mar 23, 2009
Ibime:

I always despair at Christians' inability to read the signs of the times from an astute historical and socio-economic context, rather than looking through eschatological lenses. This foregoing of logical thought process is the reason why many non-Christians shy away from Christianity. What we are facing now is simply a recession. On average, we have a recession every 8 years. This one is worse than most, but nothing compared to 1929. Kini big deal?

If anything, Biblical predictions of the signs of the end-times are completely probable, especially when examined in a socio-economic context. Each "incident" so to speak is the natural result of a fallen society where the fear of God is replaced by personal interests/ambition. Christians choosing to regard these signs as completely eschatological or through deterministic lenses is purely a matter of faith. 
Re: Global Recession: An Act Of God by Ibime(m): 2:47pm On Mar 23, 2009
naijacutee:

If anything, Biblical predictions of the signs of the end-times are completely probable, especially when examined in a socio-economic context. Each "incident" so to speak is the natural result of a fallen society where the fear of God is replaced by personal interests/ambition. Christians choosing to regard these signs as completely eschatological or through deterministic lenses is purely a matter of faith. 

From a historical context, what we are facing now is a mere blip and no reason for fanatics to play their 'end of days' trump card.

The beubonic plague which wiped out half of Europe and Asia is more fitting with Jesus' apocalyptic predictions in Matthew 24, not anything we are facing now. The fall of the Roman Empire (as depicted by the feet of steel and clay in Nebuchadnezzer's famous dream) and the subsequent descent into inter-tribal feudalism during the dark ages SHOULD have heralded the so-called 'end of days'. Infact many respected biblical scholars fell flat on their face by predicting impending doom during that period. Nothing has changed. They are still making the same predictions today even in comparatively good times.

Biblical predictions of famine, pestilence and destruction are often nuanced with predictions of "sheathing of swords". I wish bible scholars would be less cryptic and just give us the full koko instead of bamboozling us with loose-fitting parables which can be tailored to any situation the world finds itself in.

As I said before, the global recession is not due to some divine working. Simply, it is part of the economic cycle which is oft-experienced in civilised economies. Some would argue that the 1970's were worse, talkless of 1929.
Re: Global Recession: An Act Of God by ndelta1(m): 3:22pm On Mar 24, 2009
Blame should not be put on Bush excess because US is not the Economic pivot of the World, Every Nation has its own way of making its own finances, but this joint problem is surely an act and sign of End time.
Re: Global Recession: An Act Of God by naijacutee(f): 5:04pm On Mar 24, 2009
Ibime:

From a historical context, what we are facing now is a mere blip and no reason for fanatics to play their 'end of days' trump card.

The beubonic plague which wiped out half of Europe and Asia is more fitting with Jesus' apocalyptic predictions in Matthew 24, not anything we are facing now. The fall of the Roman Empire (as depicted by the feet of steel and clay in Nebuchadnezzer's famous dream) and the subsequent descent into inter-tribal feudalism during the dark ages SHOULD have heralded the so-called 'end of days'. Infact many respected biblical scholars fell flat on their face by predicting impending doom during that period. Nothing has changed. They are still making the same predictions today even in comparatively good times.

Biblical predictions of famine, pestilence and destruction are often nuanced with predictions of "sheathing of swords". I wish bible scholars would be less cryptic and just give us the full koko instead of bamboozling us with loose-fitting parables which can be tailored to any situation the world finds itself in.

As I said before, the global recession is not due to some divine working. Simply, it is part of the economic cycle which is oft-experienced in civilised economies. Some would argue that the 1970's were worse, talkless of 1929.

Isn't it interesting to note that while we are still in the middle of this conversation, China has propsed (12 hours ago, to be precise) a global currency as a means of staving off the financial crisis. Please note that this is the first time a global super power has ever made such a proposition. The closest to this has been the introduction of the Euro, the currency adopted by 16 European countries. 

Yes, it isn't clear whether this proposal is for a currency that is exclusively available to governments  for national reserves, or to individuals as well for international trade - but it is a first.

Like I said before, I'm not suggesting either that the global crisis is an act of God. However, it does fit into the Biblical predictions of the signs of the end of age, whichever way you choose to look at it. 

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7961106.stm
http://www.bloggingstocks.com/2009/03/24/china-proposes-a-new-world-currency/
Re: Global Recession: An Act Of God by MrCrackles(m): 5:07pm On Mar 24, 2009
I cant get my head round the reasons why fanatics are linking the recession to "signs of end of times"

I think it is an act of God!

Expect all sorts of tests from the Almighty and the recession is definitely one, a wake up call to jolt everyone back to reality!
Re: Global Recession: An Act Of God by Ibime(m): 6:02pm On Mar 24, 2009
MrCrackles:

I cant get my head round the reasons why fanatics are linking the recession to "signs of end of times"

I think it is an act of God! Expect all sorts of tests from the Almighty and the recession is definitely one, a wake up call to jolt everyone back to reality!

Guy, you dey smoke Igbo?  grin Your first sentence and second paragraph are completely contradictory.

naijacutee:

Isn't it interesting to note that while we are still in the middle of this conversation, China has propsed (12 hours ago, to be precise) a global currency as a means of staving off the financial crisis. Please note that this is the first time a global super power has ever made such a proposition. The closest to this has been the introduction of the Euro, the currency adopted by 16 European countries.

Yes, it isn't clear whether this proposal is for a currency that is exclusively available to governments for national reserves, or to individuals as well for international trade - but it is a first.

Like I said before, I'm not suggesting either that the global crisis is an act of God. However, it does fit into the Biblical predictions of the signs of the end of age, whichever way you choose to look at it.

What does China proposing a currency have to do with end times? I want the bible passage that says that we shall all trade in one currency during the end times. I hope you are not talking about the 666 mark needed for buying and selling.

Even during Jesus time, the whole world was trading with Denarius. Nothing has changed. It is a sensible move on China's part to offset any 'unfair' loss incurred by Yankee's move toward quantitative easing. Countries should be exchanging treasury bonds and foreign currency reserves that are tied to a unitary currency. They already do - that currency is called the dollar! Many countries currency is already tied to the dollar and most countries do business in dollars. Yankee always used to say "It is our dollar, but it is your problem". It certainly is Chinas problem now! And that problem must be fixed. Naija have the same problem cos our foreign reserve is mostly in dollars. I support any move to create a 'currency' (It is not physical, only an electronic currency) which is weighted against all the major currencies in order that countries such as Naija can be hedged against currency exposure.
Re: Global Recession: An Act Of God by Kobojunkie: 6:09pm On Mar 24, 2009
MrCrackles:

Expect all sorts of tests from the Almighty and the recession is definitely one, a wake up call to jolt everyone back to reality!

People are busy blaming George Bush, America etc but not a lot of people taking responsiblity for their own actions so far. You sure it is working?
Re: Global Recession: An Act Of God by Pataki: 6:12pm On Mar 24, 2009
MrCrackles:

I am lost with your input here.  What exactly are you trying to say? ''Signs of end times'' is not an ''act of God''?

@ topic,
I do not believe this is an act of God. Global recession arose as a result of greed by the money players, who thought they were wiser than they could ever be.
Re: Global Recession: An Act Of God by kevd2: 6:27pm On Mar 24, 2009
Global economiccrisis isjust a Global economic Fraud Perpertrated by a clandestine group of ecomonic hit men who have conned the world out of it's wealth under the pretext of failed financial business models.The Average Nigerian sees everything as an act of God because they cannot think or act for themselves.
Re: Global Recession: An Act Of God by ezeagu(m): 6:56pm On Mar 24, 2009
If George Bush is God, the yes it's an act of God.
Re: Global Recession: An Act Of God by Ndipe(m): 9:17pm On Mar 24, 2009
naijacutee:

We have been at the end of age for a while now. Global recession is not an act of God per se, it is a direct result of greed and a lack of ethics. What you sow, you shall reap, the saying goes. . . Western bankers have sowed greedily for years now, and economies are reaping the bad harvest - what has God got to do with it?

And the Holy Bible mentioned that in the end times, these vices would be common place in the society.
Re: Global Recession: An Act Of God by damola1: 9:47pm On Mar 24, 2009
Kini Big deal,

If the world doens't end, I will die someday, so whats the the cry about, oh,  maybe satan will come and something will happen, some will dissapear, some won't,  listen to me, as a business man, I strongly believe in the law of karma, no need to bull shit,  if you screw me, I either decide to forgive or screw you, and about my ways, they are as pure as they come, so I leave as holy as you want it, I believe,

Recently, I was reading about a camp in 1944, a setup by the nazis, eliminating 12,000 jews daily,  what act of dehuman injustice might be more than that,  I mean these are people that are hale and hearty,

oh boy,  leave story,  kini big deal,  one day I go die,  and if e go end, make he end,  but enough of living in fear,
Re: Global Recession: An Act Of God by damola1: 9:51pm On Mar 24, 2009
naijacutee:

Yes, it isn't clear whether this proposal is for a currency that is exclusively available to governments for national reserves, or to individuals as well for international trade - but it is a first.

Meanwhile, is the $ not already a global currency, or else why would china not reserve it in their own chinese yuan, but United States Dollars, Dollar scarcity is what's causing artificial naira fall in Nigeria's black market, so wetin we dey yarn,

a begi, make the world close up if he warn close up, I am sure there are some oyibos already leaving and enjoying in another planet
Re: Global Recession: An Act Of God by TOYOSI20(f): 10:03pm On Mar 24, 2009
People really need to fall back on all these fake assumptions abeg!!!! undecided undecided
Re: Global Recession: An Act Of God by strangleyo: 10:07pm On Mar 24, 2009
Stop being so simple minded. Global recession is an act of incompetence on behalf of central bankers and investment firms.

Excess global liquidity is hardly divine intervention to a fuked up world.
Re: Global Recession: An Act Of God by MrCrackles(m): 12:53am On Mar 25, 2009
Pataki:

I am lost with your input here.  What exactly are you trying to say? ''Signs of end times'' is not an ''act of God''?

What i am trying to say is that you get tested by God everytime however i believe an act of God is different from signs of end of times!

In a way they are both acts of God, but end of times are more like things you seen when the world is coming to an end while the other is normal life "thingy"

If someone dies today, we can say it is an act of God but we wont all agree it is a sign of end times

Geddit?
Re: Global Recession: An Act Of God by MrCrackles(m): 12:54am On Mar 25, 2009
Ibime:

Guy, you dey smoke Igbo? grin Your first sentence and second paragraph are completely contradictory.

Ibime see my response to Pataki

Hope u get the message i am trying to put across
?! grin
Re: Global Recession: An Act Of God by Nobody: 12:58am On Mar 25, 2009
We are moving on to a global currency. The end is near.
Re: Global Recession: An Act Of God by MrCrackles(m): 12:59am On Mar 25, 2009
davidylan:

You think so? undecided
Re: Global Recession: An Act Of God by MrCrackles(m): 1:02am On Mar 25, 2009
Kobojunkie:

People are busy blaming George Bush, America etc but not a lot of people taking responsiblity for their own actions so far. You sure it is working?

True it isnt it?!

It is unfair to heap all the blame on Bush and America!!

There are a lot connected to what has happened and now we are getting tested by God on surviving the outcome of it all!

Jobs are going, money is tight and all

It is going to be gritty but it is standard test of times, i mean normal life events and incidents like famine, plague etc.

We will come out of it

There was a recession some years back i believe, might not be as big as todays, but the economies affected came out of it!
Re: Global Recession: An Act Of God by Nobody: 1:15am On Mar 25, 2009
I can't believe these christians are here saying the global recession is a sign of end time. Same way 911 was a punishment from God, Same way AIDS (man made) was a punishment from God for adultery. You folks are illogically reasoning. There is no God and and the only ones with power over this planet are the ones with the best weapon ( Creative mind). The earth is already in space, so where is your heaven? If you die waiting for jesus, you died for nothing my guy. And you guys went to school right? And you believe some powers split the Sea in two for some people to pass? And you believe there is someone that can destroy this world? Please pick up a comic book, you'll find so many Gods in one.
Re: Global Recession: An Act Of God by bawomolo(m): 1:16am On Mar 25, 2009
TOYOSI20:

People really need to fall back on all these fake assumptions abeg!!!! undecided undecided

unreachable goals are needed to keep religions alive.  Theories like the "end of times" that won't come in their lifetime only strengthens their believe in jargon. people saw the end of times during the great depression, people saw the end of times during the bubonic plague.  It's all a religious delusion.
Re: Global Recession: An Act Of God by MrCrackles(m): 1:25am On Mar 25, 2009
bawomolo:

unreachable goals are needed to keep religions alive. Theories like the "end of times" that won't come in their lifetime only strengthens their believe in jargon. people saw the end of times during the great depression, people saw the end of times during the bubonic plague. It's all a religious delusion.

Lol! grin
Re: Global Recession: An Act Of God by blackspade(m): 1:37am On Mar 25, 2009
davidylan:

Yeah, uh huh, sure it is. . . .
Re: Global Recession: An Act Of God by Nobody: 9:35am On Mar 25, 2009
davidylan:

prolly said the same thing when the euro was deployed. . .
Re: Global Recession: An Act Of God by ikeyman00(m): 10:41am On Mar 25, 2009
hmm me thoughtit was all over in 2000

damn 09 goin 00

hmm
Re: Global Recession: An Act Of God by jamace(m): 1:42pm On Mar 25, 2009
Whossai. Act of God for where? Your execu[b]thieves[/b], legis[b]looters[/b] and judi[b]share[/b]y have been lootling the budgets in the name of salaries, sitting allowances and constituencies development funds, and you expect the treasury not to dry up? May be, you should say the economic recession is the work of the devil. Sounds better eh?

(1) (Reply)

Woman, Sons Arrested Over Baby Factory In Abia. / Hausa-fulani In The East & South-south Lambast Their Northern Murderous Brothers / Abuja Churches Step Up Security

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.