Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,285 members, 7,971,016 topics. Date: Wednesday, 09 October 2024 at 07:54 PM

ERC Blasts WAEC For Withholding Debtor States’ Results - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ERC Blasts WAEC For Withholding Debtor States’ Results (596 Views)

Waec..for D First Time Externals..how High Was Temperature / 2016 May/june WAEC Registration And Junior WAEC For External Candidates / Muslim Students Tackle WAEC For Disrespecting Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ERC Blasts WAEC For Withholding Debtor States’ Results by exlinkleads(f): 2:40pm On Aug 11, 2015
A non-governmental organization, the Education Rights Campaign (ERC) has criticized the West African Examination Council (WAEC) for withholding results of government-sponsored candidates from states on its undisclosed debtors list.

After announcing the results of the May/June 2015 Senior School Certificate Examination (SSCE) on Monday, WAEC said it will hold on to the results of candidates from 19 states owing it registration fees.

Speaking in Lagos, the Head of National Office of WAEC, Charles Eguridu, had said the affected candidates who are mostly sponsored by state governments will not get their results until the debts are partly of fully settled.

"After reviewing the situation, the council has decided that the results of government-sponsored candidates of indebted states would be released if such states endeavor to produce bank guarantees, so that the council will be assured that the fees will be paid," he said.

But the ERC said the examination body's decision is not right. In a statement issued on Monday, ERC National Coordinator, Taiwo Soweto, said the directive is an 'insensitive' violation of the candidates' rights.

Soweto argued that withholding the results amounts to ethical violation of the Child Right Act 2003 and should thus be reversed.

“As a public institution, WAEC is obligated by the Child Right Act (2003) to make the best interest of the child the paramount consideration in all actions," Soweto said.

It will be recalled that WAEC had earlier warned that it will withhold the results of debtor states who collectively owed it about N4bn in registration fees.

ERC is a campaign platform which fights for free and functional education. - See more at: http://www.exlinklodge.com/2015/08/education-rights-campaign-blasts-waec.html#sthash.A0Q4WXh6.dpuf

cc lalasticlala seun ishilove

Re: ERC Blasts WAEC For Withholding Debtor States’ Results by boombay(m): 2:41pm On Aug 11, 2015
That awesome moment when you have introvert following you around!

she's interested in me!
introvert I'm waiting for you to woo me!grin

wait!!!I have a feeling that seun osewa is behind that introvert's account!undecided
Re: ERC Blasts WAEC For Withholding Debtor States’ Results by INTROVERT(f): 2:41pm On Aug 11, 2015
I support WAEC
Re: ERC Blasts WAEC For Withholding Debtor States’ Results by ELTON123(m): 2:42pm On Aug 11, 2015
Re: ERC Blasts WAEC For Withholding Debtor States’ Results by UnknownT: 2:48pm On Aug 11, 2015
ERC should shove the child right acts down their throat. If WAEC releases the result and the states continue owing, a time will come when WAEC won't have money to pay her workers and examiners.
Re: ERC Blasts WAEC For Withholding Debtor States’ Results by xender(m): 2:49pm On Aug 11, 2015
I have been waiting 4 dis ....I no sombody most oppose

like its d children's fault
Re: ERC Blasts WAEC For Withholding Debtor States’ Results by ebbybest(f): 2:49pm On Aug 11, 2015
make dem keep quite dea look dem?
Re: ERC Blasts WAEC For Withholding Debtor States’ Results by doublewisdom: 2:57pm On Aug 11, 2015
Why will the states owe WAEC? What do they use their budget for education to do?
Re: ERC Blasts WAEC For Withholding Debtor States’ Results by Beedemi247: 2:59pm On Aug 11, 2015
hmmmm
Re: ERC Blasts WAEC For Withholding Debtor States’ Results by Geofavor(m): 4:07pm On Aug 11, 2015
I don't even think they have released any of the results. They said they have, but it's not available on their website.

(1) (Reply)

UNIBEN Second Batch Out! / Benue State University,pre-degree And Part-time/application Form 2015/ / Poly Has Disappointed, Plz Advice!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.