Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,304 members, 7,887,897 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 04:03 PM

Senators Reject Pay Cut Recommendation - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senators Reject Pay Cut Recommendation (22951 Views)

Senators Reject Buhari’s Emergency Powers Bill, Say It’ll Turn Him Into A Tyrant / Amaechi: PDP Senators Reject Confirmation / Pro-saraki Senators Reject Lawan, Akume As Senate Leaders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senators Reject Pay Cut Recommendation by jidxin(m): 7:48am On Aug 13, 2015
thieves

3 Likes

Re: Senators Reject Pay Cut Recommendation by bigerboy200: 7:49am On Aug 13, 2015
Greed

3 Likes

Re: Senators Reject Pay Cut Recommendation by dave2meek(m): 7:49am On Aug 13, 2015
D
Re: Senators Reject Pay Cut Recommendation by Shortyy(f): 7:49am On Aug 13, 2015
grin
Re: Senators Reject Pay Cut Recommendation by hotgunz(m): 7:50am On Aug 13, 2015
They must to accept it as part of change ds country need.

2 Likes

Re: Senators Reject Pay Cut Recommendation by adesegun121(m): 7:51am On Aug 13, 2015
Awon tifff
Re: Senators Reject Pay Cut Recommendation by kelvyn7: 7:52am On Aug 13, 2015
hmmmm

I knew it

those suckers will never agree

that's how they will keep draining dis country

3 Likes

Re: Senators Reject Pay Cut Recommendation by BrainnewsNg(f): 7:52am On Aug 13, 2015
Antoinne:
It would be most appropriate if someone can just arrange an effective bomb while they gather for their usual rambling in the house.

Exactly!

1 Like

Re: Senators Reject Pay Cut Recommendation by repogirl(f): 7:52am On Aug 13, 2015
Greedy thieves!

4 Likes

Re: Senators Reject Pay Cut Recommendation by BrainnewsNg(f): 7:53am On Aug 13, 2015
Agimor:
We do not have legislators what we have is legislooters.

True talk!
Re: Senators Reject Pay Cut Recommendation by sebali: 7:54am On Aug 13, 2015
Obijulius:
Continue eating Oil money....one day it will all end...you will all eat yourselves..

Counting down.

As technology cont. 2 increase dat day is near.
Re: Senators Reject Pay Cut Recommendation by BrainnewsNg(f): 7:54am On Aug 13, 2015
Chiefpriest1:
'Corruption has no ethnic group,no religion and no political party'- President Buhari, 9th August, 2015

Hmmmmmmmmm
Re: Senators Reject Pay Cut Recommendation by Iddiot(m): 7:56am On Aug 13, 2015
if na me...I don't tink I will agree.....so I can't blame dem
Re: Senators Reject Pay Cut Recommendation by sweatlana: 7:56am On Aug 13, 2015
Lol so where is the change? undecided
Re: Senators Reject Pay Cut Recommendation by ICEMAN(m): 7:58am On Aug 13, 2015
Then you and your families both immediate and extended will continue to suffer.
Re: Senators Reject Pay Cut Recommendation by DedeNkem: 7:58am On Aug 13, 2015
Senators are thieves.

3 Likes

Re: Senators Reject Pay Cut Recommendation by 989900: 8:01am On Aug 13, 2015
“All of us have people in our constituencies and financial requests from them keep pilling up on daily basis, the reality of which made steps to be redirected, otherwise, some of us may stop coming here.

Thunder fire una!

Until we march on this people and beat them silly, I'm afraid nothing will change.

3 Likes

Re: Senators Reject Pay Cut Recommendation by kaypound(m): 8:02am On Aug 13, 2015
What do you expect from those rogues....we need to focus more on these people and demand our mandate/recall them back to their constituency when we find them wanting and not doing what we expect of them....
we have that right to do so...

4 Likes

Re: Senators Reject Pay Cut Recommendation by Nobody: 8:02am On Aug 13, 2015
wapSmart:
Are the senator hungry?? NO
do they lack clothing?? NO

The wardrobe allowance should first be cancel for it is inconsequential to me or is it not these SIN-A-tor that will use the wardrobe allowance to carry olosho.

To those senators using financial requests from people in their constituencies as an excuse should know that people in their constituecies will also understand that this is not 2014, this is 2015 and things have changed.

These people should know that other senators in other country are surviving without all this emolument so there is no need to bellyache.

A leader is call to serve oh and to serve with everything he/she has and moreso is it not because of the sweet cake and juice you normally get from all this post that makes the country politics a DO or DIE. The moment the country makes it less attractive then we will know maybe you lot will still stick your neck out.

And Where is Senator Ben Murray Bruce

"i just want to make COMMON SENSE" or is his "Common Sense" not common again?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senators Reject Pay Cut Recommendation by sebali: 8:02am On Aug 13, 2015
Antoinne:
It would be most appropriate if someone can just arrange an effective bomb while they gather for their usual rambling in the house.

Dats wat BH shud focus on
Re: Senators Reject Pay Cut Recommendation by shizzy7(f): 8:05am On Aug 13, 2015
THIEVES,,, LEGAL CROOKS,,, They just can follow their leader's footsteps
Re: Senators Reject Pay Cut Recommendation by front247: 8:05am On Aug 13, 2015
I tell u all dis politicians are thieves, any idiot in dis forum fighting over apc or pdp is a waste, u suppose to fight over good governance which will reflect in d lives of people

5 Likes

Re: Senators Reject Pay Cut Recommendation by Cityguy: 8:06am On Aug 13, 2015
owobokiri:
The easy money going to these senators for doing nothing is so much that if there are no massive protests at the national assembly, they will never bulge. .
You are right

1 Like

Re: Senators Reject Pay Cut Recommendation by Nobody: 8:07am On Aug 13, 2015
kenedy175:
The committee recommended just 10% cut of there salaries and allowance when it should be like 50% cut and they still refused.
We are doomed in this country. All I need is one Napalm bomb to drop in NASS to free my country from the hands of those old selfish greedy armed robbers there!

What Nonsense!
the bolded words have always run through my mind...we are the only ones who can emancipate ourselves from our wicked leaders...

3 Likes

Re: Senators Reject Pay Cut Recommendation by wapSmart(m): 8:07am On Aug 13, 2015
omojoshy:
And Where is Senator Ben Murray Bruce

"i just want to make COMMON SENSE" or is his "Common Sense" not common again?
LOL.. Well dont know for him but one should not hold BMB by the neck because if he actually decided to go with the pay cut and other rejecct what do we expect him to do..
Re: Senators Reject Pay Cut Recommendation by front247: 8:08am On Aug 13, 2015
likila:
Before nko? My senator has promised to donate half of his salary to my youth group. if he takes salary cut, wetin him go give us?
y ar u so gullible u think they will give that money to u

1 Like

Re: Senators Reject Pay Cut Recommendation by simplynola(m): 8:15am On Aug 13, 2015
They will never agree to any pay cut, that's the reason they are there, money not to work. #teamparttimelegislature

2 Likes

Re: Senators Reject Pay Cut Recommendation by Ghandi12: 8:16am On Aug 13, 2015
Is there anyone here that can mobilize for a protest in NASS. I promise a minimum of 10 friends to confront these evil people.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senators Reject Pay Cut Recommendation by lumeneng22: 8:18am On Aug 13, 2015
What do you expect from a government whose majority members are defectors from opposition pdp ?
Re: Senators Reject Pay Cut Recommendation by 989900: 8:19am On Aug 13, 2015
If only those Boko Haram simpletons have an iota of sense, this are the kind of people they should be after; not innocent people -- but I guess they are just 'freeloading-zombie-cowards' sponsored by the same greedy politicians.

5 Likes

Re: Senators Reject Pay Cut Recommendation by Miranda11: 8:21am On Aug 13, 2015
All these Senators and Reps members are just a bunch of greedy people who are only interested in their pockets. Hardly any of them went there with the good intention of having there electorate in mind.

To cut the cost of governance what the Govt shld do is that before a campaign kicks off the Govt shld advertise what the pay is for senators so that when a person is vying for the post he knows what remuneration he is going to get and sign a binding agreement to that effect.

With the current economic situation in Naija and other parts of the World, the Govt shld tow a very tough line- tell them to either take a 30-50% pay cut or step down as there is no money to pay them at the current level, and the Govt should follow this through by drastically reducing their budget is all areas, then let me see what they will do afterall half bread is better than none. I bet you they will all take the half pay and not complain. Abi no be so the Oil Companies dey do, take a pay cut or quit.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ogah Desperate For Immunity Against 12 Criminal Charges –ikpeazu / Did The National Assembly Finally Okay The Increase In Electricity Tariff? / How Much Is Fuel Selling Arround You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.