Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,382 members, 7,881,376 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 06:03 PM

NDDC Can’t Account For N183b - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NDDC Can’t Account For N183b (1618 Views)

Buhari Nominates Ndoma-Egba And Ekere For NDDC Chairman & MD / N183b Not Missing From NDDC / NDDC Can’t Account For N183b (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

NDDC Can’t Account For N183b by Nobody: 2:48am On Aug 13, 2015
The special audit conducted on the activities of the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) has revealed that N183.7 billion could not be accounted for between 2008 and 2012.

The Auditor-General of the Federation, Mr Samuel Ukura, spoke with reporters yesterday after submitting three report to the National Assembly.

Ukura added that his office submitted the environmental audit on the drying up of Lake Chad and special periodic checks on the activities and programmes of the NDDC.

He said a lot of discrepancies were noticed in the NDDC accounts with about N183.7 billion expected to be refunded to the federation account.

A breakdown of what the NDDC will return to the Federation Account, Ukura said, includes the N70.4 billion unaccounted for from the mobilisation of various contractors that never reported to site; the N5.8 billion paid to contractors for projects not executed or abandoned; N90.5 billion spent on extra budgetary expenditure without approval by legal authorities; N1.2 billion undeducted taxes from contractors; N10.07 billion to be refunded as tax deductions made without evidence of remittance to the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS); N3.1 billion transferred to unauthorised accounts and unaccountable staff advances of N1.7 billion.

Ukura said: “It is our belief that all the money spent by government, if it was properly spent in the region, Niger Delta would be a better place.”

He added that N785 million of N1.1 billion allegedly paid to contracts for the supply of furniture to various schools in Delta State was also unaccounted for.

The Auditor-General noted that additional details of their findings are contained in the report he submitted to the Clerk of the National Assembly, Mr Salisu Maikasuwa.

http://thenationonlineng.net/nddc-cant-account-for-n183b/
Re: NDDC Can’t Account For N183b by darnley16(m): 2:49am On Aug 13, 2015
Re: NDDC Can’t Account For N183b by Kzinne: 2:49am On Aug 13, 2015
haha. Burahi would make them account for it
Re: NDDC Can’t Account For N183b by Nobody: 2:52am On Aug 13, 2015
Money going into thin air everywhere, and some people say probe is witch hunting.

5 Likes

Re: NDDC Can’t Account For N183b by kenny987(f): 2:54am On Aug 13, 2015
Why are we Nigerians so heartless? If you're going to steal at least do so with some respect! It's bad enough that they'll pad contract sums but at least they should make sure the job is done! U pad the contracts, don't do the job and claim principles!

Sadly this cuts across all areas and sectors in the country and is the height of wickedness and non-patriotism.

2 Likes

Re: NDDC Can’t Account For N183b by hola106(m): 2:57am On Aug 13, 2015
Una no dey sleep ni
Re: NDDC Can’t Account For N183b by quinnboy: 2:57am On Aug 13, 2015
laughing in swahilli
Re: NDDC Can’t Account For N183b by M4gunners: 3:07am On Aug 13, 2015
Bringbackouroyelmoney.
Re: NDDC Can’t Account For N183b by UncleJudax(m): 3:27am On Aug 13, 2015
We need strong institutions. The EFCC and ICPC (for example) have been handicapped and toothless for years. More so the justice system.

The whole corruption fight should not be a one-off. The anti-graft agencies and the judiciary have to be strengthened and encouraged to be more independent, so as to sustain the fight (effectively) long after Buhari's tenure.

There have got to be consequences for stealing public funds.

2 Likes

Re: NDDC Can’t Account For N183b by Nobody: 3:28am On Aug 13, 2015
kenny987:
Why are we Nigerians so heartless? If you're going to steal at least do so with some respect! It's bad enough that they'll pad contract sums but at least they should make sure the job is done! U pad the contracts, don't do the job and claim principles!

Sadly this cuts across all areas and sectors in the country and is the height of wickedness and non-patriotism.
u really don't understand how the system works, humans are animals (albeit higher ones) if there re no stiff punitive measures to stroke offenders and deter potential ones u re in for this, humans being the animals they re will always wanna venture those wrong paths as long as there re no checks (not to talk of when mouth watering sums are involved) ... those contracts signed out to coys , the accruements from them are actually balkanised in percentages and equitably distributed... so nobody gets to ask whether it's done or not (don't ask me how I know this pls) the devastating thing about this act, is if u choose to stand by principle and refuse indulging u will be sidelined and believe me, u never get to hear of , talk less having the opportunity to seek any contract in future....

Look my sister.... what you need for a state to thrive are good laws and strong institutions (where they lack schism , massive breakdown, looting and every other vices u can think of abound as evident in our nation..)

Check my signature, and get u need ur car smiling.... grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: NDDC Can’t Account For N183b by wachakuta(m): 3:44am On Aug 13, 2015
That's why we need Death sentence in dis con3
Re: NDDC Can’t Account For N183b by mercy111(m): 3:56am On Aug 13, 2015
Seeriously...

Call us for ur Multifunctional USB Flash Drives, Data Transfer Cable, Charging Cable for both Android Phones/Iphones/Tablets/Computers ------ (All in 1)
Re: NDDC Can’t Account For N183b by Flets: 4:03am On Aug 13, 2015
Enough of the talk, take them to court. In the absence of strong institutions and systems. ..... it can only be more noise without actions

The noise about loots and probe is a distraction

1 Like

Re: NDDC Can’t Account For N183b by UncleJudax(m): 4:09am On Aug 13, 2015
Raymondenyi:
u really don't understand how the system works, humans are animals (albeit higher ones) if there re no stiff punitive measures to stroke offenders and deter potential ones u re in for this, humans being the animals they re will always wanna venture those wrong paths as long as there re no checks (not to talk of when mouth watering sums are involved) ... those contracts signed out to coys , the accruements from them are actually balkanised in percentages and equitably distributed... so nobody gets to ask whether it's done or not (don't ask me how I know this pls) the devastating thing about this act, is if u choose to stand by principle and refuse indulging u will be sidelined and believe me, u never get to hear of , talk less having the opportunity to seek any contract in future....

Look my sister.... what you need for a state to thrive are good laws and strong institutions (where they lack schism , massive breakdown, looting and every other vices u can think of abound as evident in our nation..)
Spot on bruh. For years the system has been going through the motion, culminating with the institutionalisation of corruption.

If Buhari can walk the talk, there could be light at the end of the tunnel afterall.

Let's clean up!
Re: NDDC Can’t Account For N183b by egift(m): 4:55am On Aug 13, 2015
The corruption we had, was a free for all contest. May God help Buhari to block all the leakage before these politicians will steal all the future of the Nigerian Youth.

1 Like

Re: NDDC Can’t Account For N183b by Young03(m): 4:59am On Aug 13, 2015
U be thief

i no be thief
Re: NDDC Can’t Account For N183b by midolian(m): 4:59am On Aug 13, 2015
kenny987:

lol. So u even support stealing, but "with some respect"...how do u expect them to steal with some respect sef, when they had a leader that encouraged them to steal without "respect"?..A leader that was busy looting and had the guts to defend his actions by saying "stealing is not corruption"
Re: NDDC Can’t Account For N183b by donholy28(m): 5:04am On Aug 13, 2015
All we are seeing is billions that re missing...not that d culprits have been jailed
Re: NDDC Can’t Account For N183b by midolian(m): 5:16am On Aug 13, 2015
donholy28:
All we are seeing is billions that re missing...not that d culprits have been jailed
you think its easy to jail? This democracy bullsh*t is slowing the whole thing down.
Re: NDDC Can’t Account For N183b by kenedy175(m): 5:36am On Aug 13, 2015
It's simple! NDDC needs to be probed grin

But on a serious note, people no dey fear God again? It's as if there is a stealing/corruption competition going on in Nigeria
Re: NDDC Can’t Account For N183b by kenny987(f): 6:24am On Aug 13, 2015
Raymondenyi:

It's just so crazy. And that's one major problem we've had in Nigeria, we've got stronger persons than institutions, our laws are either outdated or simply not implemented and most times crafted with some leeway for the offender. It's just...

1 Like

Re: NDDC Can’t Account For N183b by rawtouch: 6:31am On Aug 13, 2015
It has obviously been misappropriated
Re: NDDC Can’t Account For N183b by kenny987(f): 6:31am On Aug 13, 2015
midolian:
lol. So u even support stealing, but "with some respect"...how do u expect them to steal with some respect sef, when they had a leader that encouraged them to steal without "respect"?..A leader that was busy looting and had the guts to defend his actions by saying "stealing is not corruption"

Not necessarily supporting stealing, just creating a worst case scenario. Meanwhile is it possible to just address the subject matter without making it all about GEJ? The sums in question predate him and in all honesty humans do what they do on their own volition especially when someone is going to take the fall for their actions and when that person appears weak or unable to put his foot down.
Re: NDDC Can’t Account For N183b by Icecomrade: 6:40am On Aug 13, 2015
ilobasama:
Money going into thin air everywhere, and some people say probe is witch hunting.

When OBJ came into power in 1999, he set up Oputa panel to address human right abuses of the military government. We wasted money funding that sitting. What did the government do with the recommendation.

I still advocate for recovery of looted funds, but looks like this government is chasing everything at the same time or some people trying to stay relevant so they are not removed for none performance.

If this government keep chasing everything, it won't achieve anything.
Re: NDDC Can’t Account For N183b by fastypasty: 6:43am On Aug 13, 2015
interesting
Re: NDDC Can’t Account For N183b by bigerboy200: 7:44am On Aug 13, 2015
The money is in otuoke..
Re: NDDC Can’t Account For N183b by joseph1832(m): 8:58am On Aug 13, 2015
kenny987:

Words like patriotism and nationalism only exist and have meaning in our text books. Imagine the plunder.

What you just highlighted is what I have big problem with, one is given a bad to do, he collects money and refuse to do it simply because he/she knows they can get away with it.

This is the mind set of many Nigerians, the sooner people know they can't get away with daylight stealing, the better for us all.

midolian:
Bros if you occupy this same office wouldn't you help yourself to the funds? DON'T LIE OH!. grin
Re: NDDC Can’t Account For N183b by Nobody: 9:09am On Aug 13, 2015
I get your point, if that's it. But at the end of the day, guilty ones must be prosecuted. This will atleast reduce diversion and embezzlement of public funds, and send a message to looters that its not business as usual. If we discourage our government from going after these guys, then we are as well not ready to fight corruption and hence, remain stagnant as a nation.
Icecomrade:

When OBJ came into power in 1999, he set up Oputa panel to address human right abuses of the military government. We wasted money funding that sitting. What did the government do with the recommendation.

I still advocate for recovery of looted funds, but looks like this government is chasing everything at the same time or some people trying to stay relevant so they are not removed for none performance.

If this government keep chasing everything, it won't achieve anything.
Re: NDDC Can’t Account For N183b by midolian(m): 10:02am On Aug 13, 2015
joseph1832:
Words like patriotism and nationalism only exist and have meaning in our text books. Imagine the plunder.

What you just highlighted is what I have big problem with, one is given a bad to do, he collects money and refuse to do it simply because he/she knows they can get away with it.

This is the mind set of many Nigerians, the sooner people know they can't get away with daylight stealing, the better for us all.

Bros if you occupy this same office wouldn't you help yourself to the funds? DON'T LIE OH!. grin
lol, I b monk o!
Re: NDDC Can’t Account For N183b by joseph1832(m): 10:07am On Aug 13, 2015
midolian:
lol, I b monk o!
Monk? Monk for Shaolin temple abi? LOL.
Re: NDDC Can’t Account For N183b by midolian(m): 10:15am On Aug 13, 2015
joseph1832:
Monk? Monk for Shaolin temple abi? LOL.
lool..though my own "monk" no deep like that o! But ehm errm, e dey body small small.. I no too like money, I no like alcohol and e b like say I no like women too grin
Re: NDDC Can’t Account For N183b by joseph1832(m): 10:27am On Aug 13, 2015
midolian:
lool..though my own "monk" no deep like that o! But ehm errm, e dey body small small.. I no too like money, I no like alcohol and e b like say I no like women too grin
Ah! You no too like money, you no like alcohol and you no like women! Guy, na alien you be na!.

ECOTERRORS your boyfriend is an alien, imagine the two of you getting married, I bet you'll produce aliens with two left leg!. LMAO!

Na joke I dey oh before you come cuss me.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Islamization Of Nigeria-a Huge Possibility / Tension In Aba As Police And Army Force Hausa People Off The Streets Of Aba / School Uniform War? Hijab And Church Robes In Osun Schools!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.