Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,417 members, 7,881,527 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 10:25 PM

Ooni Of Ife: Person Supposed To Be Buried With Ooni Runaway - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ooni Of Ife: Person Supposed To Be Buried With Ooni Runaway (6127 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu's Cousin Killed During Shootout Set To Be Buried. See Her Corpse / Buhari Breaks Fast With Ooni Ogunwusi And Other Traditional Rulers / Pro-Biafra Supporter Buried With Biafran Flag In Abia (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ooni Of Ife: Person Supposed To Be Buried With Ooni Runaway by BABAKABIRU301(f): 2:06pm On Aug 13, 2015
WHAT A FAKE STORY. ANYWAY WHAT IS NAME OF THE ABOBAKU.
Re: Ooni Of Ife: Person Supposed To Be Buried With Ooni Runaway by Enahi(f): 4:32pm On Aug 13, 2015
Have heard too many fetish stuff about that state, no wonder the state is backward.
Re: Ooni Of Ife: Person Supposed To Be Buried With Ooni Runaway by shut(f): 4:54pm On Aug 13, 2015
Crazy believe
Re: Ooni Of Ife: Person Supposed To Be Buried With Ooni Runaway by ProfessorPeter(m): 5:05pm On Aug 13, 2015
How much una go give me if i catch am? Post him picture here, make i dey look for him
Re: Ooni Of Ife: Person Supposed To Be Buried With Ooni Runaway by Mcowubaba: 5:14pm On Aug 13, 2015
dunkem21:
Eve. the guy with Abobaku moniker has deactivated on NL grin

sincerely, i am shredding tears now as a result of excessive laughing..lwmkd...hahahahahahah
who wan die cheesy this 21st century, wen beautiful things like Kim kardahshain nd mercy johson back side dey to look grin Abobaku (whic kind name be dat)cheesy..my nigga dey near Brazil border nw....mak ife people d wait 4 am grin...die 4 wetin....i hear say him tweet dem 'bye bye' lol...

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife: Person Supposed To Be Buried With Ooni Runaway by Nobody: 6:45pm On Aug 13, 2015
Why should a living accompany a dead king? In this tune and age, meaningless and retrogressive traditions, however meaningful they may have appeared centuries prior, must give way for civilisation.

These types of barbaric traditions aren't narrowed to the Yorubas alone; similar or even worse ones are still being practised all over Africa.

It's time to change, and free ourselves from beliefs and traditions that have ONLY enslaved and stunted our growth and development.

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife: Person Supposed To Be Buried With Ooni Runaway by Moneyab(m): 7:15pm On Aug 13, 2015
justanotherme:

Abubaku Abubakar ...
The Abubaku guy just scammed the Ooni
Lol @ scammed the Ooni.. cheesy
Re: Ooni Of Ife: Person Supposed To Be Buried With Ooni Runaway by morbeta(m): 7:43pm On Aug 13, 2015
Run enter sambisa forest, that's the only safe place for you.
Re: Ooni Of Ife: Person Supposed To Be Buried With Ooni Runaway by Brooklynsouth(f): 7:57pm On Aug 13, 2015
damosthottest:
Strange and barbaric tradition of the Yorubas in 21st century.

In Yoruba tradition, the ‘abobaku’ is someone who is chosen to be buried with the king, as according to customs, an Oba is never buried alone.

The death of the Ooni of Ife, Oba Okunade Sijuwade, has brought up many controversies. First, there were disputes about whether he had really died, then disagreement over the curfew in the state and now the ‘Abobaku’. The Abobaku has reportedly run away after the death of the prestigious Oba. If the tweet below is to be believed, it means the final rites on behalf of the deceased Ooni of Ife might be stalled.

According to Daily Alert Nigeria
Breaking:The Final burial rite for Late Oba Sijuade the Ooni of Ife, may be stalled as the “Abobaku” reportedly on the run. Story developing…

According to Yoruba tradition, a king does not die alone. His burial rites include being buried with other people. This is when an Abobaku comes into the picture. An Abobaku lives his life for the king and he is buried alongside the king. In the authentic tradition, just as there is a lineage that become king, there is also always a family dedicated to the ancient belief of dying with the king. An Abobaku also enjoys great benefits while he is still alive.

http://www.gossipmill.com/2015/08/ooni-of-ife-abobaku-person-who-is-supposed-to-be-killed-and-buried-along-with-the-ooni-allegedly-runs-away/
oh! This is happening in the land of the suffersticated one okay)yyyyy no Problem there s God oooo if its biafra land the ll troop out to castigate thank God it is right @ their backyard but they ll avoid to comment cowards I swear if I be abobaku I go de approach falkland border now igbos ll always be ahead of you guys hate it or love
Re: Ooni Of Ife: Person Supposed To Be Buried With Ooni Runaway by Nobody: 8:04pm On Aug 13, 2015
stevecantrell:
When I say the Yoruba came from Sudan (formerly part of ancient Egypt) you better believe it.
Pharaohs were never buried alone. Same with the Obas.

True. Much of our West African culture is really just a continuation of our ancient Egyptian/Nile Valley practices and heritage.

While people are shouting 'barbaric' and all that, they better remember that that culture goes back thousands of years, and was responsible for initiating much of the modern civilization we have today.
Re: Ooni Of Ife: Person Supposed To Be Buried With Ooni Runaway by dunkem21(m): 8:31pm On Aug 13, 2015
Mcowubaba:

sincerely, i am shredding tears now as a result of excessive laughing..lwmkd...hahahahahahah
who wan die cheesy this 21st century, wen beautiful things like Kim kardahshain nd mercy johson back side dey to look grin Abobaku (whic kind name be dat)cheesy..my nigga dey near Brazil border nw....mak ife people d wait 4 am grin...die 4 wetin....i hear say him tweet dem 'bye bye' lol...

Lol grin
Re: Ooni Of Ife: Person Supposed To Be Buried With Ooni Runaway by Malawian(m): 1:20pm On Aug 14, 2015
Mcowubaba:

nnaaa, na australia border him dey ni grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ooni Of Ife: Person Supposed To Be Buried With Ooni Runaway by chrisblack: 3:22pm On Aug 14, 2015
disumusa:
to killed and buried with king by Yoruba's which is common in Africa or to kill human being and eat daily basis by Igbo which one is more barbaric. grin to killed and buried with king by Yoruba's which is common in Africa or to kill human being and eat daily basis by Igbo which one is more barbaric.
forget this damhottest or what so ever he calls himself. his hatred for yourubas hhis legendary.a similar tread of his was just busted where he posted fake pictures.immediately the thread was removed.

(0) (Reply) (Un-Follow) (Go Down)
Where Are Yoruba Pastors?: Photo Of The Man To Be Buried alive With Ooni Of Ife by damosthottest: 1:19pm
BELOW IS THE PHOTO OF THE MAN TO BE BURIED WITH THE OONI OF IFE IN YORUBALAND.

VERY SHAMEFUL INDEED. YORUBA MEGA PASTORS ARE BUSY EXPLOITING THEIR MEMBERS. EVIL IS GOING ON IN THEIR LAND, THEY KEPT QUIET.

THEY HAVE THE AUDACITY TO GO TO OTHER NATIONS TO PREACH AND CONDEMN EVIL WHILE THEY LIVE WITH EVIL IN THEIR HOME AND THEIR PEOPLE ARE UNREPENTANT.

I HAVE NEVER SEEN THIS TYPE OF HYPOCRISY BEFORE.

INSTEAD OF CONVERTING THE EVIL DOERS, THE EVIL DOERS ARE CONVERTING THEM.

This is Yoruba in 2015 ,this is a man they will bury alive with the Oba Sijuwade .
Where are the ADEBOYE OF RCCG ,WHERE ARE ADEKOYA OF MOUNTAIN OF FIRE ,WHERE ARE THE oyedepos ...
Does it mean that Yoriba religion starts and end with TITHES AND OFFERING ? CAN THEY STAND BY AND THIS MAN IS OFFERED AS A LIVING SACRIFICE on the altar of barbaric tradition ?

https://m./539554826108956?view=permalink&id=979943845403383
(Quote) (Report) 4 Likes (Like) 1 Share (Share)

Re: Where Are Yoruba Pastors?: Photo Of The Man To Be Buried alive With Ooni Of Ife by Sapphire06(f): 1:27pm
what da f**k See stomach
(Quote) (Report) (Like) (Share)
Re: Where Are Yoruba Pastors?: Photo Of The Man To Be Buried alive With Ooni Of Ife by Txonyi(m): 1:35pm
Where are the sophisticates? Let them come and disprove this news. Nigeria is dead, in Biafra we stand! Immagine wha these niqqas are still doing in 2015! Choi!!!!!!!!! Una education na for fancy i swear! Well we are more educated and enlightened than you sophisticates, this news is an evidence!
(Quote) (Report) 3 Likes (Like) (Share)

this is the link from were the picture was gotten from which he croped
http://www.brimtime.com/2013/11/ethiopian-men-compete-to-be-fattest-in.html?view=sidebar&m=1

damosthottest the liar
Re: Ooni Of Ife: Person Supposed To Be Buried With Ooni Runaway by chrisblack: 3:23pm On Aug 14, 2015
see ur self damosthottest. simple lie you cant even tell .even looking at the picture it not even Nigerian. even a junior secondary school student will tell you this look more of Southern African in nature.i know you are from the SE.this bitterness for Yoruba's is seriously eating you up.when your obi die do we bother how many heads go along with them.you guys just enjoy taking panadol for another person's headache.you may ask how i got to know the pic is south Africa? look at the pic .that is a land rover version which is no longer common in Nigeria but high used in the southern and eastern parts of Africa for safari,and remote locations research.all this men of God i pray them no get your time.you think they are like Rev King?
Re: Ooni Of Ife: Person Supposed To Be Buried With Ooni Runaway by chrisblack: 3:24pm On Aug 14, 2015
can you tell me about Nngwa People.Tell me which region is synonymous with cannibalism talk now.even ibos they doff their hats for them. even all this talk about abobaku is just stating what is common to all african traditions.even the early European civilization practise it.i tell even in the East it is practiced even down to calabar to me its a bad practice which i will never support.the facts remains it is practice in most sub Saharan state including the eastern Part of nigeria.
presently due civilization and modernity. this aspect is no longer done in the presence of people but in secrecy.
Please read about the burial procession for the Obi of onitsha here
http://amightytree.org/obi-okosi-ii-death-and-burial/
(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)
Re: Ooni Of Ife: Person Supposed To Be Buried With Ooni Runaway by chrisblack: 3:30pm On Aug 14, 2015
writer2000:

I agree with you. I said it before, every yoruba man and woman has diaboolism in his or her blood, whether a
christian or a muslim. Beware of these people, I repeat beware of them, remember an Oba's statement on
recent crashed helicopter.
igbo woman whey they shout jesus and just because of a fight between her child and that of a neighbor .children of jus 5 yrs old .took the neigbours child and dumped in a well.so you are telling me the like of chiwetalu agu orozuokwu are no longer in igbo land? or there are no more dibia's. stop deceiving your self every one knows your acclaimed Christianity is money or ritual based
Re: Ooni Of Ife: Person Supposed To Be Buried With Ooni Runaway by chrisblack: 3:36pm On Aug 14, 2015
writer2000:

I agree with you. I said it before, every yoruba man and woman has diaboolism in his or her blood, whether a
christian or a muslim. Beware of these people, I repeat beware of them, remember an Oba's statement on
recent crashed helicopter.
u are free to agree with whatever he calls himself.(damosthhotest)he actually open a tread with the statement above,posting fake Pictures only for him to be busted immediately closed the tread.even obi of onitsha burial happens to do the same.this traditional part is always done in secret.i can say it even in igbo land this ritual is practice down to calabar.
so your case is just a pot calling the kettle black.tell him eastern part of Nigeria where there are no traditional institutions whith secret activities only the initiated participate and that are not hidden to the public?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Tweets comes to haunt him / Meet Professor Akin Oyebode Who Wants Nnamdi Kanu To Fight A War With Nigeria. / Meet The Richest Beggar Who Has 4 Wives, 5 Houses, Sachet Water Business, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.