Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,213 members, 7,887,569 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 10:48 AM

Egbin Power Boosts Electricity Generation By 1,100MW - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Egbin Power Boosts Electricity Generation By 1,100MW (877 Views)

Nigeria May Soon Be In Total Darkness — Egbin CEO / Fashola Visits Egbin Power Plant,Says Government Will 'Settle Its Debts'(photos) / Power Generation Drops By 1,100mw As Egbin Workers’ Crisis Persist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Egbin Power Boosts Electricity Generation By 1,100MW by bugs1: 9:22am On Aug 13, 2015
The Chief Executive Officer of Egbin Power Plc, Mr. Dallas Peavey, has stated that the plant has hit a generation capacity of 1,100 megawatts, thus accounting for almost one-third of the current improvement in power supply across the country.

Peavy attributed the recent ramp-up of Egbin’s capacity to continuous investment and revamp of the plant by its new owners, Sahara Power Group and the Korea Electric Power Corporation (KEPCO).

In a related development, President Muhammadu Buhari, yesterday said his government had already identified the critical problems in Nigeria’s power sector and was taking appropriate actions to address them.

Peavey in a statement said when the new owners took over in November 2013, generation at Egbin averaged 500 megawatts due to the dismal state of its six units, with only two of the six units operational at the plant’s lowest point.
According to him, the last time the power plant hit the 1,000MW mark was eight years ago, adding that this peak lasted for less than two hours.

He said the transformation in Egbin commenced after its acquisition by Kepco Energy Resource Limited (KERL), in collaboration with its technical partners, Korea Electric Power Corporation (KEPCO).

“Through the injection of close to N50 billion in new capital into Egbin post privatisation, the Sahara Power/KEPCO partnership has brought to the power plant, an unprecedented level of innovation, professionalism, human capital development and continuing investment in new technology. The control room panels, installed at the plant’s inception have been removed and upgraded to state of the art digital panels. The highlight of the main plant rehabilitation occurred in the first quarter of 2015, when the company successfully rehabilitated ST Unit 6, bringing an additional 220MW to the national grid and restoring the power plant to its installed capacity of 1320MW,” Peavy explained.

Read full story
http://monitor9ja.com/2015/08/egbin-power-boosts-electricity-generation-by-1100mw/
Re: Egbin Power Boosts Electricity Generation By 1,100MW by rumomonga(m): 9:24am On Aug 13, 2015
Incredible
Re: Egbin Power Boosts Electricity Generation By 1,100MW by INTROVERT(f): 9:25am On Aug 13, 2015
Incredulous
Re: Egbin Power Boosts Electricity Generation By 1,100MW by Paschal001: 9:26am On Aug 13, 2015
Incredulously incredible
Re: Egbin Power Boosts Electricity Generation By 1,100MW by dalyricist: 9:32am On Aug 13, 2015
Gud
Re: Egbin Power Boosts Electricity Generation By 1,100MW by socialmediaman: 9:33am On Aug 13, 2015
Instead of celebrating the progress being witnessed gradually, You'll start seeing praises on someone from Otueke here, trust me grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Egbin Power Boosts Electricity Generation By 1,100MW by Pavore9: 9:37am On Aug 13, 2015
Keep up the good work though Nigerians are not interested in Megawatts, they want uninterrupted supply in which ever corner of the Country they find themselves.
Re: Egbin Power Boosts Electricity Generation By 1,100MW by phlemzy: 9:37am On Aug 13, 2015
Where all these power generation is been channelled into,I don't know. NERC should up their game & do proper monitoring.
Re: Egbin Power Boosts Electricity Generation By 1,100MW by hakeem4(m): 9:39am On Aug 13, 2015
Oshey my area woul have 24/7 light
Re: Egbin Power Boosts Electricity Generation By 1,100MW by kevinhacker(m): 9:39am On Aug 13, 2015
Indigenous People Of Biafra (IPOB) the sponsors of Radio Biafra is delighted to announce the establishment of Radio Biafra in Yenegoa, Bayelsa on 102.1 FM. This relay station will serve Yenegoa and surrounding axis. Also Biafra Directorate Of Intelligence (BDOI) has launched brand new Radio Biafra mobile apps, on different mobile platforms. Android - Play store Blackberry - Blackberry World / Amazon .com iPhone - Appstore. In efforts to be in front of the media battle Radio Biafra is now on two satellite broadcasting to the world via frequency below. (1) Intelsat 20 @68.5 East. Frequency 50573 Beam 12522V or 12521v 27500 and (2)AISO ON Yamil 20/C band 55° E, freq 11045V 40000, this same satellite houses prophetic TV, CW TV, Loveworld Sat, Glow TV, Racing int yml. You can also get Radio Biafra on tunein.com.

1 Like

Re: Egbin Power Boosts Electricity Generation By 1,100MW by Nobody: 9:40am On Aug 13, 2015
Lies!!!
All I know is NEPA

Which visits me whenever it likes!
Re: Egbin Power Boosts Electricity Generation By 1,100MW by POPdecorator: 9:41am On Aug 13, 2015
Finaly Change has come
Re: Egbin Power Boosts Electricity Generation By 1,100MW by chudionu58(f): 9:47am On Aug 13, 2015
POPdecorator:
Finaly Change has come
You know deep inside that you are simply being deceitful! I guess the ST6 was rehabilitated under Buhari... lol
Re: Egbin Power Boosts Electricity Generation By 1,100MW by laudate: 1:18pm On Aug 13, 2015
chudionu58:
You know deep inside that you are simply being deceitful! I guess the ST6 was rehabilitated under Buhari... lol

For the past one week, there has been no power supply in many areas of Lekki. So which kind of 'boost in power' are these Egbin power station people talking about??! shocked
Re: Egbin Power Boosts Electricity Generation By 1,100MW by walemoney007(m): 1:42pm On Aug 13, 2015
laudate:

For the past one week, there has been no power supply in many areas of Lekki. So which kind of 'boost in power' are these Egbin power station people talking about??! shocked
leave d fool!sh pple.am livin in ikorodu,n I can tell u dat I don't hav light for up to 7hrs a day,my huse is close to itamaga,d journey from itamaga to egbin is not up to 15mins
Re: Egbin Power Boosts Electricity Generation By 1,100MW by chudionu58(f): 2:08pm On Aug 13, 2015
walemoney007:
leave d fool!sh pple.am livin in ikorodu,n I can tell u dat I don't hav light for up to 7hrs a day,my huse is close to itamaga,d journey from itamaga to egbin is not up to 15mins
Lol..we are together brethren... the sixth unit have being rehabilitated early this year which is a fact and light has being stable since 2 months mainly due to seizure of pipeline sabotage... but your problem might be a local distribution issues bro.

(1) (Reply)

THE GEJ's NEMESIS. Buhari Dead Serious About Corruption: / Anti-corruption Campaign: Top 'sacred Cows' Untouchable For Buhari / Junaid Mohammed, Igbophobia And The Civil War Hangover

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.