Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,182 members, 7,880,686 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 02:29 AM

Another Pilot Still Missing From Helicopter Crash In Lagos - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Another Pilot Still Missing From Helicopter Crash In Lagos (21594 Views)

Fishermen That Rescued Helicopter Crash In Lagos (Photo) / Dead Bodies From The Helicopter Crash In Lagos (Photos) / Photos From The Helicopter Crash In Lagos- Metronaija (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Another Pilot Still Missing From Helicopter Crash In Lagos by hisgrace090: 10:35am On Aug 13, 2015
Lagoon make you take am easy nooow! Abi you no De beleful? people the jump inside you, motor the jump, even helicopter self don join. I command all to stop jompping inside you (ijn)
Re: Another Pilot Still Missing From Helicopter Crash In Lagos by Mbkite(m): 10:36am On Aug 13, 2015
Paschal001:
INTROVERT, always ahead or behind me.... Mbkite trailing behind

lol grin
Re: Another Pilot Still Missing From Helicopter Crash In Lagos by mozeez8(m): 10:39am On Aug 13, 2015
may he be found
Re: Another Pilot Still Missing From Helicopter Crash In Lagos by Nobody: 10:39am On Aug 13, 2015
ok.. the emergency and rescue team should look into it.
Re: Another Pilot Still Missing From Helicopter Crash In Lagos by ayusco85(m): 10:45am On Aug 13, 2015
INTROVERT:
ok

Just ok? Really? undecided
Re: Another Pilot Still Missing From Helicopter Crash In Lagos by ahamonyeka(m): 10:46am On Aug 13, 2015
If he is missing then you know the goddess of oworonshoki has taken him since government has refuse to appease the goddess.no be me talk am o na oba of oworoshoki talk so.
Re: Another Pilot Still Missing From Helicopter Crash In Lagos by magicminister: 10:53am On Aug 13, 2015
naijacutee:

If you know any unemployed Nigerian pilots, please post their details here. If not, stop hijacking the thread.
I know a truck load of unemployed pilots.
I also know that being a white person in nigeria gives you an unfair advantage... even the arabs, indians and chinese have more leverage than a Nigerian in Nigeria.
As a matter of fact, a friend of man who runs a ship maintenance and cleaning company told me that most firms (ship operators) and oil tanker firms prefer companies that have alot of "white" staffs.
We all know that simply being "white" in nigeria implies higher pay for you when compared with naija folks on same rank.

So, don't like its far fetched for white pilots to dominate the aviation field when there are black pilots wasting away.

1 Like

Re: Another Pilot Still Missing From Helicopter Crash In Lagos by alfakoro1(m): 10:53am On Aug 13, 2015
naijacutee:

If you know any unemployed Nigerian pilots, please post their details here. If not, stop hijacking the thread.
yea man dats true. He /she shld post hia. See previous post. A co-pilot. Isn't he a Nigerian.
Re: Another Pilot Still Missing From Helicopter Crash In Lagos by Madeu(m): 10:59am On Aug 13, 2015

1 Like

Re: Another Pilot Still Missing From Helicopter Crash In Lagos by Femistico(m): 10:59am On Aug 13, 2015
I believe he would be found alive
Re: Another Pilot Still Missing From Helicopter Crash In Lagos by oakson: 11:02am On Aug 13, 2015
naijacutee:

The provost of International Helicopter Flying School in Enugu said the same. High training capital, low employment opportunities
Re: Another Pilot Still Missing From Helicopter Crash In Lagos by goryorhal(m): 11:24am On Aug 13, 2015
writetopoker:
Oba akiolu should account 4 dis,

What's this one saying ? undecided
Re: Another Pilot Still Missing From Helicopter Crash In Lagos by engrjacuzzi: 11:24am On Aug 13, 2015
when T.B Joshua said there will be plane crash, we all said ill words to him. truly he is a good visioner
Re: Another Pilot Still Missing From Helicopter Crash In Lagos by deflover(m): 11:44am On Aug 13, 2015
magicminister:
[size=14pt]Why do we always have white pilots or foreigners flying our jets when there are hundreds of qualified and eager Nigerian pilots still unemployed

Anyway, if this is true, then may he be found.
[/size]

you think piloting is about your degrees ba......abeg if you dont understand the industry just be silent.....its not driving job ok angry angry angry
Re: Another Pilot Still Missing From Helicopter Crash In Lagos by vivaciousvivi(f): 11:52am On Aug 13, 2015
Drowning is such a horrible way to die.
RIP to this young man
Re: Another Pilot Still Missing From Helicopter Crash In Lagos by writetopoker: 11:57am On Aug 13, 2015
goryorhal:

What's this one saying ? undecided
how will you know? RE U D ONLY ONE DAT SAW MY comment? Daft fellow
Re: Another Pilot Still Missing From Helicopter Crash In Lagos by goryorhal(m): 12:00pm On Aug 13, 2015
writetopoker:
how will you know? RE U D ONLY ONE DAT SAW MY comment? Daft fellow

Daft you say ? ..
I don't have time for you now .. Moreover how I go dey quarrel with lil girl like u ..
Re: Another Pilot Still Missing From Helicopter Crash In Lagos by writetopoker: 12:02pm On Aug 13, 2015
goryorhal:

Daft you say ? ..
I don't have time for you now .. Moreover how I go dey quarrel with lil girl like u ..
my friend smellout, pig
Re: Another Pilot Still Missing From Helicopter Crash In Lagos by goryorhal(m): 12:03pm On Aug 13, 2015
writetopoker:
my friend smellout, pig

Hmm no vex ...
Re: Another Pilot Still Missing From Helicopter Crash In Lagos by EbolaParasite: 12:05pm On Aug 13, 2015
magicminister:

I know a truck load of unemployed pilots.
I also know that being a white person in nigeria gives you an unfair advantage... even the arabs, indians and chinese have more leverage than a Nigerian in Nigeria.
As a matter of fact, a friend of man who runs a ship maintenance and cleaning company told me that most firms (ship operators) and oil tanker firms prefer companies that have alot of "white" staffs.
We all know that simply being "white" in nigeria implies higher pay for you when compared with naija folks on same rank.

So, don't like its far fetched for white pilots to dominate the aviation field when there are black pilots wasting away.

Oh puuuleaaaassseee....the said company involved, Bristow, has a LOT of Nigerian pilots so quit misyarning. Most if not all of them trained in south africa, florida, and or louisiana. For where you see unemployed pilots. Quit lieing. Nost pilots are trained by the companies because it costs thousands of dollars to train them. No one will waste money to train them and not use them. Usually, they make you sign a bond sef. And dont tell me that we have lots of pilots who paid for there own training.
Re: Another Pilot Still Missing From Helicopter Crash In Lagos by goldenceo1: 12:07pm On Aug 13, 2015
BREAKING: Two remaining bodies in Lagos helicopter crash found
The remaining two bodies in Wednesday’s helicopter crash in the Lagos lagoon have
been found. Ten people – four dead and six rescued –
were retrieved from the lagoon on Wednesday.

Thursday’s bodies implies six people have
now been confirmed dead from the crash.
Rescue officials are now putting the corpses
into body bags.
- Details later -

Source:
http://sunnewsonline.com/new/breaking-two-remaining-bodies-in-lagos-helicopter-crash-found/
Re: Another Pilot Still Missing From Helicopter Crash In Lagos by Nobody: 12:52pm On Aug 13, 2015
naijacutee:

angry angry angry Abeg hammer the mumu ! He doesn't know that about 90 or Even 95% of all the Nigerian Pilots flying for Bristow Helicopters were trained by the same Bristow for FREE and employed after Completion of training! cheesy cheesy cheesy I guess the mumu is totally ignorant of The Bristow pilots program that even Nairaland has help advertised ! cool cool cool
Re: Another Pilot Still Missing From Helicopter Crash In Lagos by idupaul: 1:39pm On Aug 13, 2015
They should hold the Oba of Oworonshoki to blame for any missing person in that crash.. That water is so shallow so if anything is missing the first local divers that responded must have stolen them to give a false view that the mammy water abducted them and they will only be released when she is appeased
Re: Another Pilot Still Missing From Helicopter Crash In Lagos by Nobody: 3:35pm On Aug 13, 2015
olokfor:
[img]http://2.bp..com/-p-lRYsPIgS4/VcxXvP2HECI/AAAAAAAGN_s/2DVaymSVPmc/s1600/mail.google.com.png[/img]
Two people are still missing after a helicopter crashed into the Lagoon yesterday. Is this one of them? This lady took to Twitter to share a photo of her brother, saying he's a pilot & missing from the crash.

http://www.metronaija.com/2015/08/photo-another-pilot-still-missing-from.html

He has a date with the lagoon goddess. wink
Re: Another Pilot Still Missing From Helicopter Crash In Lagos by j1mmy: 3:35pm On Aug 13, 2015
magicminister:
[size=14pt]Why do we always have white pilots or foreigners flying our jets when there are hundreds of qualified and eager Nigerian pilots still unemployed

[/size]

The issue is not qualification, it is mentality, trust, corruption, demeanour and reliability. Many Nigerians may be educated but are mentally illiterate and are unemployable. Go ask major employers in Nigeria!
Re: Another Pilot Still Missing From Helicopter Crash In Lagos by Nobody: 3:36pm On Aug 13, 2015
magicminister:

[/size]

Nigerian Pilots arent qualified to fly helicopters, they just collect certificate that says they went to flying school, but dont know anything about planes and helicopter except what they see in flight Simulator. cheesy
Re: Another Pilot Still Missing From Helicopter Crash In Lagos by Unclerukus: 5:04pm On Aug 13, 2015
naijacutee:

I side him on this. A close friend and a neighbour, qualified pilots with CPL and PPL still unemployed and tired of searching. They even have an unemployed pilots association in Lagos, they are quite many.
Re: Another Pilot Still Missing From Helicopter Crash In Lagos by Unclerukus: 5:13pm On Aug 13, 2015
EbolaParasite:

Oh puuuleaaaassseee....the said company involved, Bristow, has a LOT of Nigerian pilots so quit misyarning. Most if not all of them trained in south africa, florida, and or louisiana. For where you see unemployed pilots. Quit lieing. Nost pilots are trained by the companies because it costs thousands of dollars to train them. No one will waste money to train them and not use them. Usually, they make you sign a bond sef. And dont tell me that we have lots of pilots who paid for there own training.
you haven't seen honestly. Everyboby aspiring to be a pilot can't wait for a bristol or carvalton to train them. How many pilots do they even train? just few. I know two, did special course on 2 commercial Boeing in Florida, still jobless. He now does travelling ticketing and agency. That's how bad it is, after spending close to 6-7 million to train as a pilot. some things are going on in this country you probably don't know about.
Re: Another Pilot Still Missing From Helicopter Crash In Lagos by EbolaParasite: 6:14pm On Aug 13, 2015
Unclerukus:
you haven't seen honestly. Everyboby aspiring to be a pilot can't wait for a bristol or carvalton to train them. How many pilots do they even train? just few. I know two, did special course on 2 commercial Boeing in Florida, still jobless. He now does travelling ticketing and agency. That's how bad it is, after spending close to 6-7 million to train as a pilot. some things are going on in this country you probably don't know about.

Ignorance. They can't employ everybody. By the way, if you pay 6-7million to fund your own training and you claim you are jobless, then you have a problem. Why spend such when you can use it for meaningful things. The only people that fund their training are FLYING ENTHUSIASTS who just like flying. If you are looking for a job, you better wait till these companies employ you. Do you think, they will discard their own people that they PAID money to train and then hire you because you got your license from Florida?

I repeat, if you an unemployed pilot, there is something wrong with you. Why pay for training. If you have that kind of money, why were you unemployed in the first place. You chose the wrong profession. By the way, there is a difference between Choppers and Airplanes.
Re: Another Pilot Still Missing From Helicopter Crash In Lagos by EbolaParasite: 6:16pm On Aug 13, 2015
ZuzuMan:
angry angry angry Abeg hammer the mumu ! He doesn't know that about 90 or Even 95% of all the Nigerian Pilots flying for Bristow Helicopters were trained by the same Bristow for FREE and employed after Completion of training! cheesy cheesy cheesy I guess the mumu is totally ignorant of The Bristow pilots program that even Nairaland has help advertised ! cool cool cool

Actually it's not free. Bristow pays for it and they have a bond. I think it used to be 5 years or so. Training fees aint cheap. 50k USD plus
Re: Another Pilot Still Missing From Helicopter Crash In Lagos by EbolaParasite: 6:18pm On Aug 13, 2015
Unclerukus:
I side him on this. A close friend and a neighbour, qualified pilots with CPL and PPL still unemployed and tired of searching. They even have an unemployed pilots association in Lagos, they are quite many.

If you think you can just go and get certifications or licenses and expect companies to just hire you then you need to rethink. These companies hire their own and train them. You don't expect them to dump the people they paid heavily for to hire you
Re: Another Pilot Still Missing From Helicopter Crash In Lagos by Amustical(m): 8:59pm On Aug 13, 2015
How many pilot do they have in the helicopter sir? Now, I can count about 3pilots missing and one confirmed dead. Anyway RIP to the dead one's

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Here Are Things To Do When You Miss Your Flight / One Chance Robbery: 7 Safety Tips / Lagos Blue Line Rail 95 % Completed, Says Commissioner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.