Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,460 members, 7,944,285 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 01:55 PM

The big question: How did the universe came to be? Atheist welcomed. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The big question: How did the universe came to be? Atheist welcomed. (553 Views)

Grammatical Errors That Welcomed President Buhari Home / Extraordinary, Fascinating And Inspiring Facts About The Universe. / The Big Question: How Did The Universe Came To Be? Atheist Welcomed. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The big question: How did the universe came to be? Atheist welcomed. by eddycolo(m): 12:45pm On Aug 13, 2015
The big question: How did the universe came to be?

Now, This is going to be my personal reflections on what I think about the creation of the universe. This reflection is going to be based on reason only, with no intention to appeal to the scripture or revelations. while doing so I will like to keep an open mind, as one writer rightly said, but not so open that my brain would fall out. In other words, the use of reasoning, logic and common sense is all that matter. This leaves rooms for sceptic altitude towards what I will be reflecting on.

It is undoubted that the universe is a marvel to behold. The sheer majesty of the universe are mind boggling. Saying the universe is an ever incomprehensible wonder is an understatement. Earth is the most luxurious place for life, it is known to be the only place to support life. The ingredient necessary for life to flourish can not only be found on earth but also in space. Without the sun to give its energy there will be no life. Without the oxygen, aside for respiration, there will be no ozone layer to protect life from the constant bombardment of the earths atmosphere by deadly cosmic rays. Without the rotation of the earth on its axis there will be no life. Without gravity, people would probably be flying off the surface of the earth into space. This same gravity that gave human a sense of right side up. In space where there is little or no gravity there is no right side up. There is no up or down, so to speak. I can go on and on to the point of almost infinite on the wonders of the universe.

For those that don't believe in an intelligent mind behind the creation of the universe They are faced with an ever insurmountable problem about where matter, energy, time and space came from. For matter to be created, that means it was never in extistence, therefore what ever created matter must in it self not be matter. Same goes for time, space and energy. If they are created, that means they were never in existence before they where created, therefore, whatever created them must be outside of time and space. Some evolutionist might argue that they dont speak of the universe as being created rather it evolved. But regardless, there must be that first step. Who or what took that first step? The universe has been scientifically proven to have begun at a point in the past through the discovery of the "radiation after glow" and the "second law of thermodynamics".

There was this one time I was driving home from work in the evening. The receding sun was already on the horizon and was graciously splattering its rays through the golden cumulus clouds and on to the golden leaved trees. The scenery was just too pleasant to the eyes. I had to crave the indulgence of my friends in the car with me. After a few minuts drive, we got to the airport. Not that we are going to the airport, we were just driving through the airport when I noticed a distant plane making its way to the landing and pointed it out to my friends. On seeing the distant approaching plane, one of my friends asked me why do I look up to the skies almost all the time to the point of noticing a distant approaching plane even while driving. Well, I didnt know he noticed because I am really obessed with looking up to the skies not for anything less than wonderment.

Given my little knowledge about the universe, I am amazed and humbled by The sheer majesty of the universe. And its intricacies are mind boggling to say the least. The stars, planets, galaxies, matter, space, time, laws; everything working together to sustain the universe and sustain us humans. Each time I look up to the skies several questions come flooding to my mind. The most important and overbearing of all the questions is: How can all these come from "Nothing" with no purpose, just a random coincidence, without the help of an intelligent being?

There are several questions that can be asked when am intelligent being is taken out of the picture. And one such questions that gets me shaking is the realisation that the earth is hurtling around the sun at the speed of 67 thousand miles per hour with no one in control. Just stop reading and imagine the earth travelling at such an incredible speed around the sun with no one in control. And the sun happens to be 1.3million times the size of earth. The delicate part is that to maintain the earth's proximate location to the sun the force pulling the earth away from the sun must be exactly the same amount of the force of gravity pulling the earth to the sun. That means just one mistake, the earth could spiral out of control into the lonely, colder and darkest part of the universe where human civilization will be subjected to a farely slow and miserable cold death or worse still the earth could fall into the sun. And the effects will be like throwing a stone into a small lake. I said one mistake because nothing is certain when no one is in control. Any thing can happen at any given moment. But then scientists will say the laws of gravity and nature would not allow the earth to spiral out of control or fall into the sun. On this point, I have come to realise that the laws of nature or gravity are just extrapolations from the description and observations of how things are, and not how things must be. In other words, it is not the laws that makes earth orbit the sun, but rather, the laws are the observation of how the earth moves around the sun. But no one knows why.

Now, haven considered the debates and evidence for cosmic beginning and the theory of spontaneous generation of life as propagated by atheist and evolutionist, I would confidently say that for those who believe in these theories either do not have full understanding of the theory or are not willing to accept the alternative theory that the cosmos and everything in it, including life is created by God even if it is true. Coming from a moderate religious background, I was astonished the very first time I heard about these theories. That not only did time, space and matter was created by the cosmic big bang, that it was created from "nothing" or without any transcendent cause . That life as we know it originated from non life without the need for a creator.

This gave me sleepless night as I pondered it day and night. My curiosity peaked as I began to think about the ramifications of these assertions. How could the universe be created without a creator? How could life spontaneously come into existence from non life without the need for a creator. If the universe was created without a creator, how can this be? Did it create itself? Because according to the laws of nature matter can not create matter, energy can not create energy, neither can space and time create themselves. And to complicate things, matter, time and space are all bed mates. In order words, they are inextricable linked and intertwined. That means, one can not have matter for instance without space and time. If one has just matter without space, where would you put it. Or if you have matter and space without time, when will you put it. So matter, time and space are thought to have come into existence simultaneously. Of all these, thinking about space is the most troubling to me. I don't seem to get me head around a situation where there is no space. I can think about situation where there are no matter, or even time. But not space.

The question of how life could have started without the need for a creator is a very important one also. And as I continue to enquire further with open mind how these could be, I came to realised two kinds of false propogators. The first kind are the evolutionary biologist and scientists who are atheist. This kind of false propagators are desperately looking for alternative explanation of origins without the need for a transcendent first cause or creator at all cost even if it contravenes obivious facts. I will point out how this is evident in their descrption of the orign of the universe caused by "Nothing". The second kind of propagators are college students, university students and those who fall outside of these groups that either do not fully understand these theories or are equally desperate for an alternative explanations at all cost. For the sake of clarity, I will take each in turns. That is cosmic evolution, followed by biological evolution.

Re: The big question: How did the universe came to be? Atheist welcomed. by ladyF(f): 12:46pm On Aug 13, 2015
God
Re: The big question: How did the universe came to be? Atheist welcomed. by rawpadgin(m): 12:49pm On Aug 13, 2015
God made it

(1) (Reply)

I Need Nigerian Friends In Ghana / Futo 2015/2016 Post Utme Result / University Of Ibadan, Predegree And Diploma Form For 2015/2016 Is Still On Sales

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.