Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,196 members, 7,887,467 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 09:19 AM

I Have No Child Outside Wedlock, Fashola Its Back At Critics - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Have No Child Outside Wedlock, Fashola Its Back At Critics (611 Views)

Wife Stabs Husband To Death For Having A Child Outside Their Marriage(pics) / Chief Justice Of Nigeria Lashes Out At Critics Of Judicial Officers / El-rufai To Critics : GO AND DIE If You're Not Happy Over My Appointees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Have No Child Outside Wedlock, Fashola Its Back At Critics by happney65: 10:54pm On Aug 13, 2015
Having kept mum over several allegations levelled against him since leaving office, the immediate-past Governor of Lagos State, Mr. Babatunde Fashola, has eventually broken the silence.

Barring any last minute change, Fashola whose name, strong rumours have it, may have been penciled down to be appointed minister by President Muhammadu Buhari, has come under scrutiny in recent times, including allegations that he fathered a set of twins outside wedlock, left Lagos state in huge debts and awarded a N78 million contract to upgrade a website registered in his name.

Fashola who compared his accusers with pigs who get “happy” when they get you “dirty,” in a statement issued on Thursday night, denied all the rumours, quoting a proverb: “When you wrestle with a pig, the pig gets happy and you get dirty.”

On the issue of extra marital paternity, he said he only adopted three children who were orphaned by the Dana crash of 2012, stating that he went through due process.

He denied any involvement in the national assembly leadership elections, and said all the loans he took as Lagos governor went through due process and they are being repaid.

Fashola however, disclosed that he also met debts when he became governor in 2007 after the eight-year tenure of his predecessor Asiwaju Bola Tinubu.

http://saharareporters.com/2015/08/13/i-have-no-child-outside-wedlock-fashola-its-back-critics

cc Seun
Re: I Have No Child Outside Wedlock, Fashola Its Back At Critics by Omoobava(m): 10:56pm On Aug 13, 2015

(1) (Reply)

Aba The Dirtiest City In West Africa / Photos : Trailer Falls And Crushes Car In Port Harcourt / Detained Cleric Asks Court To Jail DSS DG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.