Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,001 members, 7,919,190 topics. Date: Monday, 12 August 2024 at 11:48 PM

How To Easily Confirm If A Food Is Truly Nafdac-registered - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How To Easily Confirm If A Food Is Truly Nafdac-registered (11481 Views)

Court Orders NAFDAC To Pay N2million For Approving Fanta, Sprite / 'Taking Fanta, Sprite With Vitamin C Is Poisonous' - Court Orders NAFDAC To Warn / Man Who Produces Fake Peak Milk In Calabar Arrested By NAFDAC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Easily Confirm If A Food Is Truly Nafdac-registered by realtestament(m): 11:33am On Aug 15, 2015
Are you in any doubt if that sachet of coconut chips you are about to eat and open was truly registered with NAFDAC? Is the product and packaging too poor in appearance to have been approved by the National Agency for Foods & Drugs Administration and Control (NAFDAC)? Well, the good news is that you can easily verify this by using your mobile phone or laptop.

Many people I spoke to — prior to revealing the information to them, did not know that it was possible to verify the authenticity of NAFDAC product registration number some processors put on their food packages. NAFDAC has done a very good job in this regard, we have to commend them.

HOW TO VERIFY NAFDAC REGISTRATION NUMBER OF PRODUCTS:

Use the Printed NAFDAC Number

For example, go to nafdac.gov.ng/product-registration, if you search 01-7188 registration number in the search bar, you should get FUN BITES PLANTITOS SPICY PLANTAIN CHIPS as the product name. Also listed are the applicant’s name (the company that applied for NAFDAC registration number) and the active ingredients that make up the food under check.

I was particularly interested in the plantain chips because I see many of them on Lagos roads and I do wonder if they were ever approved for production. If the package they use for them were appropriate and if they were ever approved? But since I was able to check, no issues.

I use that second method when the NAFDAC registration is not legible or has faded away.

What is really not clear is whether NAFDAC updates this database very often. If not, you might get to see a newly-registered product in the market that you won’t find information about it online. We don’t know this, but what I know is that I have been able to find every product I searched for on that platform.

We have also seen drugs and cosmetic products carrying numbers that can be sent to some special SMS shortcodes in order to verify if the products actually came from the company that was printed on it. This way, we can know products that were imitated and we hope we can see this on food products soon.

http://www.foodsng.com/how-to-easily-confirm-if-a-food-is-truly-nafdac-registered/

Re: How To Easily Confirm If A Food Is Truly Nafdac-registered by iamsodium(m): 11:36am On Aug 15, 2015
Hmmm
Re: How To Easily Confirm If A Food Is Truly Nafdac-registered by Iddiot(m): 11:40am On Aug 15, 2015
lie...unless its from NAFDAC
Re: How To Easily Confirm If A Food Is Truly Nafdac-registered by Mezixs1: 11:31pm On Dec 16, 2022
The URL doesn't exist

(1) (Reply)

COVID-19: Should I Get Vaccinated? / COVID-19 Vaccine: Nigeria To Begin Administering Second Batch On Aug 10 / Proven Method To Cure Premature Ejaculation Naturally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.