Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,830 members, 7,872,789 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 10:06 PM

Rape : A Case Study Of David And His Son Amnon - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Rape : A Case Study Of David And His Son Amnon (565 Views)

Father From Anambra Disowns His Son On Newspaper (Photo) / Hilarious Photo Of Groom’s Father Watching His Son Rock His New Bride / Nigerian Man Ties His Son To His Back And People Make Fun Of Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Rape : A Case Study Of David And His Son Amnon by TGM2015: 12:10pm On Aug 15, 2015
BEFORE READING FURTHER, PLEASE NOTE NEVER TO BELIEVE IN YOUR SMARTNESS THAT YOU CANNOT BE RAPED BECAUSE THE RAPIST(S) WILL ALWAYS BE SMARTER.
AND NEVER RELIED ON YOUR DISCIPLINARY NATURE OVER YOUR ADAMIC (HUMAN) NATURE THAT YOU CAN NEVER BE A RAPIST BECAUSE MOST RAPISTS FIRST TIME IS NEVER INTENTIONAL.

David and Bethsheba (2 Samuel Chapter 11 and 12)
According to the biblical records, David was a King beloved by God even God referred to him as an apple of His own eyes. He was a devoted Jew who put his entire mind in serving God, fighting for Justice and well-being of his people. In was also recorded that he once has opportunity to take the life of a man and a King in Israel called Saul who unrelenting want him death despite that he did anything bad but he decided to save the King’s life for fear of God. Unfortunately this same man was caught in the act of rape and murder of a faithful innocent servant Uriah, the husband of the wife he raped by commanding that he should be sent to the war front where the battle is fierce and support team withdrew. Though he realized how great this sin of his was and genuinely repented of his act, he was not immune against the call of his Adamic nature.

From this story, the woman Bethsheba was innocently having her bathe somewhere where David was able to spot her unclothedness and was move to lay with her. Our female folks should know that seductive dress and exposing sensitive part of their body in public/street can triggered the unwilling man to force himself on them as the designer, designed those dresses because men a moved by what they see. We should also take note of where we have our bath, change our cloths and sometimes how to ease ourselves in public, sometimes when some ladies want to ease themselves (urinate), they carelessly expose their below waist things. Even how we sit matter most, most ladies who are used to wearing trousers always have issue sitting rightly when they found themselves in skirt (mini especially) and wrappers.

It is also worthy to know that men should also take caution as many rapists starts innocently and force themselves on ladies. Sometimes we should always be aware that all man even with those with innocent face and good characters can rape; Presidents, governors, Reverend Fathers, Bishops, Imams (though rarely), Kings, traditionally elders, father, brother, etc, are not left out . Therefore we should also be always on alert and cautious of how and where we revealed our complete or partial unclothedness.

This story is history of over 3,000 years ago, that tells us that raping has been living with us and the society has been covering up for the rapist, while the rape victims have no power and support to stand up against it or make the rapist to pay for it and sometimes accept it as a destiny an move on. This attitude has led to it becoming a monster and a norm in world of ours and our generation but should this trend continue? Many of the rapists because of the power, influence and financial status go scot free and to any length to cover up for their sin including killing the innocent victims or any other who might expose this ugly act or stand up against it. This sinful act happens in a country where their traditional and customs totally abolished it, maybe I can say Sharia law was in full force in the country that time but the law was suppress before of the status and personality involved. Thank God for God who publicly punished, disgraced the rapist and condemned him not worthy of building a house or temple for Him to be call His house and also rewarding the innocent woman with a lineage where the Saviour was be born.

Like father, they say like son, the next chapter i.e. 2 Samuel Chapter 13 also recorded how David son Amnon raped his sister Tamar following the advice of his friend Janadab.

Amnon and Tamar
Sometimes when parents display a particular behavior, the children always have a trait of it in them if not will act worse or better than their parents. Amnon one of the sons of David has feelings for his sister possibly his half-sister, he allows this feelings to grow strong that it made him sick. It is either he try not to control the feelings or cannot help himself to control it. This become noticeable to his friend Jonadab who advices him to pretend he is “highly very” sick and invite his sister to his bedroom seeking his parent approval because he knew his father will never disapproval the request. Tamar was invited and raped, disgraced out of the room and kept the pain to herself until her brother Absalom press her to reveal what transpired on her invitation to Amnon apartment.

Rape do not happen is special or designate places it can happen anywhere, in car parks, along a the street, farm, school, offices, rest rooms, open spaces such as dark area in parties, night vigils, even in religious camp grounds and worship centers. Sometimes a responsible and innocent looking man might be adviced against his strong believe and conviction against rape, therefore beware of seen and unseen friends that your man keeps and the parent/guardian or environments he grows up and relates with.

We men must learn to control our emotions and sexual urges, learn you to dispatched it rather than suppressing it. Trusting a family friends or members by ladies should also not be absolute on their capacity to rape or not them, thus be alone with neighbours in your house/compound/street is not advisable even if the person is the same gender as he/she can collude or arrange for your rape. In fact, no place should be comfortable for us that rape can never take place, because one of the attribute of great women is her ability and WISDOM to protect and stand for her chastity.

It was also seen here that Tamar like many other rape victims, keeps the pains and agony to themselves to protect the rapist and most times for fear of the shame of being a rape victim. I have seen many cases where the victims will say such words as “please I do want people to hear that I was raped, I know God will punish him for what he did”, “I trusted him, I do even think he can do that but I know he will met his evil days”, etc. Bottom line is many ladies are not ready to stand up and think not/ignore the PERCEIVED shame they thought will accompany the revelation of the incident leading to the rape while trying to get justice for them. Many will even start condemning/blaming themselves having the guilt that they are the cause (which in many instances is true as they ignorantly/innocently ignore signals and believe not in previous warnings from friends and families), saying such words as “Is not me that put myself to his hand? If I knew he was such a person I wouldn’t have accept this…..I am just doing all those things, I do not attached or presume anything…”. To candid, no matter how ignorant or innocent or otherwise you behave, you deserved not to be force”.

Also remember that some guys are not rapists but are great in luring and seducing ladies into having sex with them voluntarily although these ladies might not willingly give in to the idea, so beware of sweet words that make you go gaga and lose focus/mind.

RAPE IS REAL, BE CAUTIOUS AND CAREFUL.

lasticalala ishilove

1 Like

Re: Rape : A Case Study Of David And His Son Amnon by swtchicgurl: 12:11pm On Aug 15, 2015
hmmnn

(1) (Reply)

Birth Control - An Unconventional Method! / Please Help Me Out / Do You Need A Male Home Tutor For Your Children?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.