Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,833 members, 7,872,802 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 10:20 PM

Money Collection On Military Checkpoints Legal Or Illegal? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Money Collection On Military Checkpoints Legal Or Illegal? (550 Views)

Emzor Sales Rep Caught In Illegal Codeine Sale By Undercover Reporters (VIDEO) / Nigerian Police Improves "Chop Money" Collection Process / Lagos Police Uncovers Illegal Oil Wells, Shuts 12 Houses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Money Collection On Military Checkpoints Legal Or Illegal? by Aybee92(m): 1:54pm On Aug 15, 2015
passing through military checkpoints especially on the highways you will notice how our military men on uniform extort money from commercial motorist either during the day or night without any form of fear of who is watching, and the thing of concern here is that they tend to concentrate more on collecting money than their primary assignment.

All this got me wondering if their duty there is to generate revenue for the government, enrich their pockets or to protect lives and properties

so my question here is that is their actions legal? because have never heard or seen where any of them is being penalised for such act.
Re: Money Collection On Military Checkpoints Legal Or Illegal? by Immanueladebol(m): 1:59pm On Aug 15, 2015
Av noticed dz also bt realised t culd b due to deir low standard of living
Re: Money Collection On Military Checkpoints Legal Or Illegal? by weyreypey: 2:00pm On Aug 15, 2015
Efon Ekiti children hawkers are used to carry out extortion for the soldiers
Re: Money Collection On Military Checkpoints Legal Or Illegal? by Nobody: 3:32pm On Aug 15, 2015
I tot am d only person dt took note
weyreypey:
Efon Ekiti children hawkers are used to carry out extortion for the soldiers
Re: Money Collection On Military Checkpoints Legal Or Illegal? by natas22: 3:47pm On Aug 15, 2015
Aybee92:
passing through military checkpoints especially on the highways you will notice how our military men on uniform extort money from commercial motorist either during the day or night without any form of fear of who is watching, and the thing of concern here is that they tend to concentrate more on collecting money than their primary assignment.

All this got me wondering if their duty there is to generate revenue for the government, enrich their pockets or to protect lives and properties

so my question here is that is their actions legal? because have never heard or seen where any of them is being penalised for such act.

Op you are wring hardly do military do that if its police hehehe grin cheesy its there mode of operation
Re: Money Collection On Military Checkpoints Legal Or Illegal? by Aybee92(m): 6:51pm On Aug 15, 2015
natas22:

Op you are wring hardly do military do that if its police hehehe grin cheesy its there mode of operation
maybe you have not noticed but in my area here its very common o
you will hardly find police on roadblock this days na

(1) (Reply)

Okada Man Shot Dead In Asaba | Photo - @360jamng / Lagos Land Owners,omo Onile Orders Millennium Housing Estate Residents To Vacate / He Just Stole My Phone Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.