Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,309 members, 7,884,638 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 01:23 PM

2.1 In Geology How Far Will It Take You? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 2.1 In Geology How Far Will It Take You? (1698 Views)

A Career In Geology Need Advise / Career In Geosciences (geology, Geophysics, Mining, Petroleum Engineer) / Career in geology? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2.1 In Geology How Far Will It Take You? by sasquareT(m): 8:41pm On Aug 15, 2015
Please nairalander I need a honest and matured opinion on this thread most especially from geoscientist that are already in the favour market.
I'm a 2.1 geology fresh graduate from one of the nigeria second generation universty. My question is what are my chance in the labour market as geoscientist position in most of all the firm always required some year of experience or Msc.
Also I will like to no if there is any geologist working with Dangote cement plc on nairaland, cos I will like to work with him.
@Nobody, Geobukky, xfire, Osaki, and Image5 please I will like you guyz to tell us the way forward
@Mod.....Ishilove and Lalasticlala do the need full for the geoworld abeg.
Re: 2.1 In Geology How Far Will It Take You? by Nobody: 9:59pm On Aug 15, 2015
sasquareT:
Please nairalander I need a honest and matured opinion on this thread most especially from geoscientist that are already in the favour market.
I'm a 2.1 geology fresh graduate from one of the nigeria second generation universty. My question is what are my chance in the labour market as geoscientist position in most of all the firm always required some year of experience or Msc.
Also I will like to no if there is any geologist working with Dangote cement plc on nairaland, cos I will like to work with him.
@Nobody, Geobukky, xfire, Osaki, and Image5 please I will like you guyz to tell us the way forward
@Mod.....Ishilove and Lalasticlala do the need full for the geoworld abeg.

Hehehehehe... semi-fresh grad too, dont know much buh opportunities aren't plenty = crazy competition.Since i finish nysc na only 1 Geoscience advert *entry level* i see. And dy did nt eventually recruit due to dis petroleum ministry mess..i jes burn Tfare go LEkki grin

cc: wandevincent bmatt123 niyigeol olasmiles
Re: 2.1 In Geology How Far Will It Take You? by sasquareT(m): 11:04am On May 27, 2017
geobukky:

Hehehehehe... semi-fresh grad too, dont know much buh opportunities aren't plenty = crazy competition.Since i finish nysc na only 1 Geoscience advert *entry level* i see. And dy did nt eventually recruit due to dis petroleum ministry mess..i jes burn Tfare go LEkki grin

cc: wandevincent bmatt123 niyigeol olasmiles
geobukky get in here...
longest time haven't seen you around lately,Hope all is well ?
am done with the service oo but confused right now.
I'll like us to discuss pls you can leave your digit online for me
Re: 2.1 In Geology How Far Will It Take You? by zzzx: 6:28pm On May 27, 2017
Plss...what are the benefit of studying geology in Nigeria (employmennt and pay)
Re: 2.1 In Geology How Far Will It Take You? by Nobody: 1:27pm On May 28, 2017
sasquareT:

geobukky get in here...
longest time haven't seen you around lately,Hope all is well ?
am done with the service oo but confused right now.
I'll like us to discuss pls you can leave your digit online for me
Bro, am good, sent a pm earlier
But as a fresh graduate, my advice, get out of nigeria through education ASAP. Then the MSc you get in your country of choice can help you get a befitting job there. Just be sure of the field thriving in that country before you choose the arm of geology you follow.
BR
Re: 2.1 In Geology How Far Will It Take You? by Nobody: 1:36pm On May 28, 2017
zzzx:
Plss...what are the benefit of studying geology in Nigeria (employmennt and pay)
The jobs are not plenty. My set I'm school for example, I know only 2 practicing out of 120+. And its not even the lucrative oil industry.
PS: most ppl take up geoscience cos of oil jobs not knowing its dominated by engineers. Mechanical to be precise
Re: 2.1 In Geology How Far Will It Take You? by sasquareT(m): 1:45pm On May 28, 2017
geobukky:

Bro, am good, sent a pm earlier
But as a fresh graduate, my advice, get out of nigeria through education ASAP. Then the MSc you get in your country of choice can help you get a befitting job there. Just be sure of the field thriving in that country before you choose the arm of geology you follow.
BR
by getting out of my country you mean scholarship or so, cos right now its only God oo I had to hustle through my first degree ni oo
Re: 2.1 In Geology How Far Will It Take You? by Nobody: 1:51pm On May 28, 2017
sasquareT:

by getting out of my country you mean scholarship or so, cos right now its only God oo I had to hustle through my first degree ni oo
Education is free in Germany and Finland; you are also allowed to work. tho you will still need an account with 2.5m to apply visa. but for now, just take any job you get pending when the next application window comes. Check the German visa thread, you will get useful info there. Dunno if a Finnish thread exists
Re: 2.1 In Geology How Far Will It Take You? by sasquareT(m): 2:36pm On May 28, 2017
geobukky:

Education is free in Germany and Finland; you are also allowed to work. tho you will still need an account with 2.5m to apply visa. but for now, just take any job you get pending when the next application window comes. Check the German visa thread, you will get useful info there. Dunno if a Finnish thread exists

thanks bro more blessings pls keep me updated sir and necessary site I can visit to be updated

(1) (Reply)

CBN To Use BVN To Blacklist Loan Defaulters In Nigeria Banks. / How To Get Free 1GB Data On Airtel Network / Lecturing Job In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.