Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,393 members, 7,901,071 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 July 2024 at 10:40 PM

Photos From My journey to ph Today, Owerri port harcourt Road How Bad It Is - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Photos From My journey to ph Today, Owerri port harcourt Road How Bad It Is (38580 Views)

Ikpeazu Flags Off Reconstruction Of Port-Harcourt Road Aba, An FG Road (Pics) / Port-Harcourt Road, A Major Road In ABA Has Turned To "River Niger" / Good Change Hits Owerri/port Harcourt Road (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos From My journey to ph Today, Owerri port harcourt Road How Bad It Is by ezeagu(m): 6:10pm On Aug 16, 2015
This is supposedly a "highway", for what, mud dwellers? Wouldn't it probably be quicker and safer to drive through the bush or village detours.

This isn't a bad road, this is a nonexistent road.

1 Like

Re: Photos From My journey to ph Today, Owerri port harcourt Road How Bad It Is by olaide92(m): 6:10pm On Aug 16, 2015
Na wa o
Re: Photos From My journey to ph Today, Owerri port harcourt Road How Bad It Is by KnowAll(m): 6:10pm On Aug 16, 2015
That is d face of corruption.

1 Like

Re: Photos From My journey to ph Today, Owerri port harcourt Road How Bad It Is by Omotayor123(f): 6:10pm On Aug 16, 2015
WhorisDis shocked
Re: Photos From My journey to ph Today, Owerri port harcourt Road How Bad It Is by Sweetguy25: 6:10pm On Aug 16, 2015
I can't see any road there.
Re: Photos From My journey to ph Today, Owerri port harcourt Road How Bad It Is by sonnel: 6:11pm On Aug 16, 2015
Imo state not Ph
Re: Photos From My journey to ph Today, Owerri port harcourt Road How Bad It Is by SmartMugu: 6:11pm On Aug 16, 2015
PDP! What have you done?

1 Like

Re: Photos From My journey to ph Today, Owerri port harcourt Road How Bad It Is by docphresh(m): 6:11pm On Aug 16, 2015
It's been a while I saw a road this bad. .
Re: Photos From My journey to ph Today, Owerri port harcourt Road How Bad It Is by abbeyty(m): 6:13pm On Aug 16, 2015
This is really sad, what are these thieves doing with the oil money ? I forgot they prefer to share it among themselves
Re: Photos From My journey to ph Today, Owerri port harcourt Road How Bad It Is by Abagworo(m): 6:13pm On Aug 16, 2015
Thank you for a fresh post on this. Jonathan really dealt with Nigerians.
https://www.nairaland.com/1898587/jonathan-port-harcourt-owerri-express-road/6
Re: Photos From My journey to ph Today, Owerri port harcourt Road How Bad It Is by hamaworld(m): 6:13pm On Aug 16, 2015
E no bad reach Chelsea bus.

Re: Photos From My journey to ph Today, Owerri port harcourt Road How Bad It Is by argob44(f): 6:14pm On Aug 16, 2015
okorocha where re u.....?
Re: Photos From My journey to ph Today, Owerri port harcourt Road How Bad It Is by Nobody: 6:14pm On Aug 16, 2015
MizMyColi:
OP, though I don't see any markers to show that this is really PH Owerri Road, I do not doubt you.

I plied that route today to FUTO, though, I did not witness the bad part of the road. There are possibilities the carnage is further down the road.

Personally, what I observed in the villages/towns I've toured so far is that, Owelle Rochas Okorocha and his wife, with all due respect is running a government of BILBOCRACY - A government run on Super 48 sheet billboards, by the billboards, and - for the billboards.
Babe na so d road b true true o. I took dat route last week. Na so so TV Rochas Sabi feature o. Always in one event or d oda.
Re: Photos From My journey to ph Today, Owerri port harcourt Road How Bad It Is by preciousMI1(f): 6:15pm On Aug 16, 2015
our leaders are inhumane and heartless...

yes... even if they have to fly to each states don't they have those who tell them how bad the roads are

yet we pay taxe and all what not....

little wonder why they send representatives to all meetings that have terrible roads, prolly because they cant stand gallons etc....

hmmmm.... Aren't they aware that bad road, poor power supply hinders almost every sector of thr country... well the oil loads will keep hammering on top our head because we gats buy petrol....

what say you about transportation? The drivers keep topping the price of the every journey!!!! for kini na we spoil am...

I rest my case..
Re: Photos From My journey to ph Today, Owerri port harcourt Road How Bad It Is by Abagworo(m): 6:15pm On Aug 16, 2015
Here is the video which I posted on an earlier thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cbblg-SWYrA
Re: Photos From My journey to ph Today, Owerri port harcourt Road How Bad It Is by Buzzj17: 6:15pm On Aug 16, 2015
Please what part of the Owerri- Phc road is this? Near what village? I am asking because I know that Former governor amaechi dualized this Federal road from PHC airport - elele- boundary of rivers state with Imo state. This contract was by Setraco. I also know that Imo state gave Arab contractors contract to dualize the portion from Owerri to where Amaecho stopped.

1 Like

Re: Photos From My journey to ph Today, Owerri port harcourt Road How Bad It Is by rman: 6:16pm On Aug 16, 2015
MizMyColi:
OP, though I don't see any markers to show that this is really PH Owerri Road, I do not doubt you.

I plied that route today to FUTO, though, I did not witness the bad part of the road. There are possibilities the carnage is further down the road.

Personally, what I observed in the villages/towns I've toured so far is that, Owelle Rochas Okorocha and his wife, with all due respect is running a government of BILBOCRACY - A government run on Super 48 sheet billboards, by the billboards, and - for the billboards.

BILBOCRACY is a common in trend across the states of the federation. The more backward the state is, the more appalling it is.
Re: Photos From My journey to ph Today, Owerri port harcourt Road How Bad It Is by SlyCharlie(m): 6:17pm On Aug 16, 2015
That section of the road is in IMO state, it is the ohaji - elele axis, very close to the boader with rivers state.
I school at FUTO,so I ply that road very often, its an eyesore, you see upturned lorries everywhere!, and after it rains, trust me u don't want to go there!!.
The funny thing is that its actually a federal road, so the IMO state govt don't want to emulate what amaechi govt did in rivers state by reconstructing their own section of the road.
its so unfortunate.
Re: Photos From My journey to ph Today, Owerri port harcourt Road How Bad It Is by Akainzo(m): 6:17pm On Aug 16, 2015
exxell:
Ok na.... When we were shouting on top our voices that Rochas has been ingested with the bad blood of the North, did Imolites hear? When we were telling them to obey their heads and conscience instead of a fake free education on a devilish plate, did they hear?

I pity them sha... Imo is like my second home.

The road in question is a Federal road. The GEJ government awarded contracts for that road in 2009, 2011 and 2012!

Amaechi finally got frustrated and used Rivers State money to effect the construction of Omagwa to Imo State boundary. Of course GEJ refused to refund Rivers State the money.

The annoying thing was during the last election, Abati had the temerity to list that road as one of the achievements of the GEJ administration. Of course those ones who would call Black as White defended it then here on Nairaland but the truth always prevails.

8 Likes

Re: Photos From My journey to ph Today, Owerri port harcourt Road How Bad It Is by mikedozie: 6:19pm On Aug 16, 2015
Rochas pls attract PMB's attention 2 dis death trap called road. This is total shame to da relevant authorities
Re: Photos From My journey to ph Today, Owerri port harcourt Road How Bad It Is by DIVINE78: 6:19pm On Aug 16, 2015
Sebi una sabi vote GEJ. Kontinu.

3 Likes

Re: Photos From My journey to ph Today, Owerri port harcourt Road How Bad It Is by Abagworo(m): 6:20pm On Aug 16, 2015
Buzzj17:
Please what part of the Owerri- Phc road is this? Near what village? I am asking because I know that Former governor amaechi dualized this Federal road from PHC airport - elele- boundary of rivers state with Imo state. This contract was by Setraco. I also know that Imo state gave Arab contractors contract to dualize the portion from Owerri to where Amaecho stopped.

Orubebe's ministry of Niger Delta and their SURE-P fraud left that road in the deplorable state. There was heavy construction from 2009 to 2012 when Okorocha fell out with Jonathan. The best way to punish Imo people was abandoning the road.

I believe Buhari will come to our aid and nobody should ever attempt crediting Jonathan with it.

5 Likes

Re: Photos From My journey to ph Today, Owerri port harcourt Road How Bad It Is by mrrock: 6:20pm On Aug 16, 2015
Sai Baba!
Re: Photos From My journey to ph Today, Owerri port harcourt Road How Bad It Is by nsaid(m): 6:20pm On Aug 16, 2015
Twas a hellish xprience wen I crozz d road on ma way fr lag last wk.Rochas is dia runnin his gvt of falsehood n d worst road in dz nation passd tru d capital of his state.
Re: Photos From My journey to ph Today, Owerri port harcourt Road How Bad It Is by efilefun(m): 6:20pm On Aug 16, 2015
agarawu23:
blame the past govt
To the best of my knowledge that's a federal road and you won't see any wailer call on GEJ here but if it's a refinery that suddenly starts operation before scheduled time you will see them creating 15pages thread

2 Likes

Re: Photos From My journey to ph Today, Owerri port harcourt Road How Bad It Is by sigiyaya(m): 6:21pm On Aug 16, 2015
MizMyColi:

My sister we don surfer for Rochas and his familiocracy system of government. Thank God you saw it yourself Rochas has finished Imo and nothing is moving in that state, it is a pity.
Re: Photos From My journey to ph Today, Owerri port harcourt Road How Bad It Is by shamecurls(m): 6:22pm On Aug 16, 2015
I thought these road was part of the 6000km road GEJ claimed he did.............

2 Likes

Re: Photos From My journey to ph Today, Owerri port harcourt Road How Bad It Is by alsina: 6:22pm On Aug 16, 2015
ELTON123:
amaechi come and see ooundecided
. Nigga u r just a fool. From the boundary rivers part is need and clean. Dual lane wt street light. Go to hell and may devil Bleep u there

3 Likes

Re: Photos From My journey to ph Today, Owerri port harcourt Road How Bad It Is by 001ng: 6:23pm On Aug 16, 2015
Aba ph road this morning.

Re: Photos From My journey to ph Today, Owerri port harcourt Road How Bad It Is by Nobody: 6:24pm On Aug 16, 2015
I'll ask my Igbo brothers and sisters again; what did we gain from the Ijaw president that we want to kill ourselves for. His Bayelsa families have decamped to APC. Enugu-Onitsha road is same. You'll pay through your nose to drive the overhyped second Niger bridge; the only Federal Road to be tolled.

8 Likes

Re: Photos From My journey to ph Today, Owerri port harcourt Road How Bad It Is by Abagworo(m): 6:24pm On Aug 16, 2015
FG has heard our cry on Umuapu and the contractors are back. Thanks to Okorocha for using media hype to blackmail Presidency into taking long overdue action.

Finally we ask for more. The Nnewi-Arondizuogu-Okigwe road is a real mess now. The politics behind its abandonment is what we don't understand. Please the authorities should help out in at least making it a bit motorable. After all Imo State was one of the States used in rigging 2011 elections and gave the highest number of votes in the Southeast. Why must our federal roads be deliberately neglected because Okorocha joined APC? Imo State is not equivalent to Okorocha.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/community-petitions-jonathan-as-abandoned-road-project-stifles-economic-prospects/162690/

abandonment of the Nnewi Oba Akokwa- Arondizuogu Okigwe road project, which is currently in bad shape and has completely shut down economic activities in the community.

Essentially, the road connects some parts of the eastern states including Cross Rivers, Rivers, Abia, Ebonyi and Anambra and played host to several hospitality and agro-allied industries, which had now shut down because of the dilapidated condition of the facility.

THISDAY gathered that the strategic road network, which rehabilitation had been awarded at the cost of N450 million and N20 million in 2012 and 2013, respectively had become decrepit, abandoned and now a cesspit of kidnapping and armed robbery, forcing hitherto thriving industries to close down.

The rehabilitation programme was being coordinated by the Federal Ministry of Works and had M/S Bulletine Construction Company Nigeria Limited and M/S Doliz Brown Group Limited as contractors.

Traditional Ruler Ihieme Izuogu autonomous community, Dr. Kosmann Ndubuisi Kanu, said: “We have suffered so much based on the dilapidated nature of this road. For over 15 years now this project has been ongoing and nothing is being done about it. I want to say a very big thank you to the President who endorsed that this road be done but as the way it is today, nothing is going on.

“We are really in a very big mess in this side of the country. At times it looks to us as if we are being marginalised but we still have the confidence in the president that the fact that he has approved that this road be done. We don’t know if the problem is from the contractor or payment but whatever it is let the work be done.”

Meanwhile, some heavy-duty construction machinery and equipment brought down for the rehabilitation exercise had become moribund having been parked and neglected for several years.

Some of the businesses, which had completely closed down as a result of the deplorable road network included Jolly Jones vegetable oil, Safari vegetable oil, Safari hotel, Arondizuogu Rice mill, LNO Obioha Motel and Chimon Hotel limited-all within Arondizuogu.

Kanu, who led a protest over the poor condition of the road, said: “It (road) is just this road that connects all this whole places. So we are just appealing to the president that if the contractors are not being paid, please they should be paid. If they are being paid, then they should be compelled to go back to work. Recently, about five months ago, a trailer load of cement plunged into this place killing everybody involved just because of the bad road.”

According to First Vice President, Arondizuogu Patriotic Union, Chief Onwumere Gabriel Uche:  “This road is our lifeblood, the deplorable condition of this road has caused nothing but backwardness to this community.”
He said: “Arondizuogu has about 15 private limited liability companies and these companies are now moribund because the bad condition of the road. We are notable for the production of agricultural products like rice, palm kernel, cassava and cocoa but these goods cannot be conveyed to the market because of the deplorable situation of the road.”

He added: “This road was last constructed in 1983, however, we thank Jonathan for awarding the contract and we do not know who to be blamed because initially Doliz Construction Company handled it, they lived up to below expectation and they were chased away. It was changed to Bulletin and it became nothing to write home about. It was now handed over to Zerock; we don’t like the snail pace the road is moving. We are haters of poor work. We think that we have been marginalised and that’s why we are embarking on this peaceful demonstration to know whether there would be an appraisal of what is happening to this road.”

It was learnt that although Jonathan had recently given approval for work to be completed on the road, no meaningful effort had been sighted as sections of the road continued to deteriorate.

A resident of the community, Barr. Jude Nwankwo, said: “This road has been this way for the past 15 years, we have been suffering and we have been told by the federal government and even some of our representatives that it has been awarded but what we usually see is very bogus signpost at the construction site showing various contractors handling this project. What they have on site are dilapidated equipments and at the end of the day no work has been done. This place has been ravaged by robbers owing to the poor state of the road. A journey between Arondizuogu and Okigwe which would have taken you 20 minutes will now take you about five hours if you ever get there because of the bad state of this road. A lot of vehicles have been abandoned on this road. This is a rice producing state but our goods can’t get to the market. We are protesting to show that nothing has been done here and our people are suffering.”

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

CAN Reacts To Trump’s Warning To Buhari On Killing Of Christians / Controversy Trails Abuja Rice Pyramid Show, As Farmers Reporedly Scam CBN / Sani Musa: Gunmen Arrested At Residence Of APC Senator (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.