Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,629 members, 7,951,595 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 07:10 PM

Court: Christian Cake Bakers Must Provide Wedding Cakes For Same-sex Couples. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Court: Christian Cake Bakers Must Provide Wedding Cakes For Same-sex Couples. (1143 Views)

Marriage List Of True Vine Power House Ministry, Warri To Intending Couples / Pastor David Ibiyeomie's 55 Cakes In One 55th Birthday Cake (Photos) / Florida Senate Passes Bill Allowing Churches To Refuse To Marry Same-sex Couples (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court: Christian Cake Bakers Must Provide Wedding Cakes For Same-sex Couples. by Nobody: 8:37am On Aug 17, 2015
A family bakery owned by a Christian cannot refuse to make wedding cakes for homosexual couples, the Colorado Court of Appeals ruled Thursday.

The court affirmed the Colorado Civil Rights Commission’s order that Jack Phillips, the owner of the Masterpiece Cakeshop, violated the Colorado Anti-Discrimination Act when he refused to make a wedding cake for Charlie Craig and David Mullins.

“CADA prohibits places of public accommodations from basing their refusal to serve customers on their sexual orientation, and Masterpiece violated Colorado’s public accommodations law by refusing to create a wedding cake for Craig’s and Mullins’ same-sex wedding celebration,” the court wrote.

Jack, a devout Christian who honors God through his baking, had argued that he could not participate in same-sex ceremonies because it would violate his religious beliefs. The appeals court ruled otherwise.
“By selling a wedding cake to a same-sex couple, Masterpiece does not necessarily lead an observer to conclude that the bakery supports its customer’s conduct,” the court wrote in its ruling.

Alliance Defending Freedom, a law firm that specializes in religious liberty cases, represented Phillips. They arguethat the court is denying their client his fundamental freedoms.

“Jack simply exercised the long-cherished American freedom to decline to use his artistic talents to promote a message with which he disagrees,” ADF attorney Jeremy Tedesco said. “Government has a duty to protect people’s freedom to follow their beliefs personally and professionally rather than force them to adopt the government’s views.”

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2015/08/13/court-christian-baker-must-provide-wedding-cakes-for-same-sex-couples.html

Cc. Lalasticlala
Re: Court: Christian Cake Bakers Must Provide Wedding Cakes For Same-sex Couples. by christinie(f): 8:43am On Aug 17, 2015
Ewu
Re: Court: Christian Cake Bakers Must Provide Wedding Cakes For Same-sex Couples. by Nobody: 8:48am On Aug 17, 2015
Aturu
Re: Court: Christian Cake Bakers Must Provide Wedding Cakes For Same-sex Couples. by bewla(m): 9:29am On Aug 17, 2015
ewu
Re: Court: Christian Cake Bakers Must Provide Wedding Cakes For Same-sex Couples. by Mariecakes(f): 2:35pm On Aug 17, 2015
That one go hard me oooo.... i will jes lie "we have been fully booked for that day" They should look for same - sex bakers!! Even Animals are attracted to the opposite sex not same -sex angry
Re: Court: Christian Cake Bakers Must Provide Wedding Cakes For Same-sex Couples. by kevoh(m): 3:44pm On Aug 17, 2015
Mariecakes:
Even Animals are attracted to the opposite sex not same -sex angry

Are you sure? Check google again. Start with the American Bison!

1 Like

Re: Court: Christian Cake Bakers Must Provide Wedding Cakes For Same-sex Couples. by NnamdiN: 5:50pm On Aug 17, 2015
kevoh:

Out of all the animals in the world, just one? cheesy This American Bison, how do they reproduce, male-male cheesy cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court: Christian Cake Bakers Must Provide Wedding Cakes For Same-sex Couples. by Nobody: 6:02pm On Aug 17, 2015
These decisions being churn out by these American courts run foul of one of the tenets of fundamental rights that I was taught: one man's right stops where another's starts.

In a bid to enforce the U.S Supreme Court decision giving homosexuals the right to marry, they are beginning to infringe on Christians' right to freedom of religion. A Christian should be able to say 'No' to something that is against his/her religious convictions.

It all sounds like persecution to me. undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court: Christian Cake Bakers Must Provide Wedding Cakes For Same-sex Couples. by kevoh(m): 7:00pm On Aug 17, 2015
NnamdiN:
Out of all the animals in the world, just one? cheesy This American Bison, how do they reproduce, male-male cheesy cheesy
No, they lay eggs to reproduce. undecided How do humans reproduce? Does it stop humans from having homosexuals?
Re: Court: Christian Cake Bakers Must Provide Wedding Cakes For Same-sex Couples. by Akanniade(m): 7:29pm On Aug 17, 2015
kevoh:

Check what? Animals cannibalize their young, have incestous sex, abandon their weak etc. Does it mean humans should start doing same?
Re: Court: Christian Cake Bakers Must Provide Wedding Cakes For Same-sex Couples. by kevoh(m): 8:05pm On Aug 17, 2015
Akanniade:

Check what? Animals cannibalize their young, have incestous sex, abandon their weak etc. Does it mean humans should start doing same?
Humans have been on genocide spree since time immemorial. Check Rwanda Hutus/Tutsi, ISIS, Boko Haram, Hitler, Israelites in the Bible. Many cultures have been known to marry their sisters, cousins e.t.c Abandon their weak? Hello does abortion by young Nigerian girls ring a bell? How about countless stories of babies been dumped in refuse bins, gutters e.t.c? What are you on about? What is it with you guys and your holier-than-thou attitude sef?
Re: Court: Christian Cake Bakers Must Provide Wedding Cakes For Same-sex Couples. by Akanniade(m): 8:46pm On Aug 17, 2015
kevoh:

Humans have been on genocide spree since time immemorial. Check Rwanda Hutus/Tutsi, ISIS, Boko Haram, Hitler, Israelites in the Bible. Many cultures have been known to marry their sisters, cousins e.t.c Abandon their weak? Hello does abortion by young Nigerian girls ring a bell? How about countless stories of babies been dumped in refuse bins, gutters e.t.c? What are you on about? What is it with you guys and your holier-than-thou attitude sef?
Yes, human anomalies are animal norms. No sane human father willfully sleeps with his children. Using animal characteristics as a gay advocate does not sell
case. You may as well co-opt peadophiles, rapists, bestiality in your rainbow nation.
Re: Court: Christian Cake Bakers Must Provide Wedding Cakes For Same-sex Couples. by kevoh(m): 9:56pm On Aug 17, 2015
Akanniade:

Yes, human anomalies are animal norms.
All of a sudden they have become human anomalies just to suit your argument. When hitler was slaughtering and treating Jews like chickens it was no anomaly, when the bible god ordered israelites to slaughter the canaanites, amalekites e.t.c it was no anomaly abi? Continue with the hypocrisy
Akanniade:

Using animal characteristics as a gay advocate does not sell
case.
Nope, anti-gay people are always the first to play the animal characteristics card when it comes to homosexual matters. They are always quick to tell you that even animals are not homosexuals and we only simply point out their error and sheer hypocrisy by showing them otherwise. This thread and othe numerous anti-gay threads are classic examples. Beside, What two consenting adults do in the privacy of their room is their business not mine.

Akanniade:

You may as well co-opt peadophiles, rapists, bestiality in your rainbow nation.
Oh shut it, you reek of ignorance. As if we,humans, are not already co-opting with these fellows right under our noses and especially in religious houses. Almost, every three days different sexual crime related offences are posted on frontpage. Its either a Pastor rapes or an Alfa does the raping.
Re: Court: Christian Cake Bakers Must Provide Wedding Cakes For Same-sex Couples. by NnamdiN: 9:50am On Aug 18, 2015
kevoh:

No, they lay eggs to reproduce. undecided How do humans reproduce? Does it stop humans from having homosexuals?
mr kevoh anomalies would forever remain in the minority. Homosexuality is not natural, there should be a thick line between being liberal and justifying an anomaly.

I'm very liberal, I don't care what 2 or more consenting adults do in private, it doesn't mean I don't find the act repulsive and disgusting(male-male though, I like them female-female gays wink cheesy grin )
Re: Court: Christian Cake Bakers Must Provide Wedding Cakes For Same-sex Couples. by kevoh(m): 10:45am On Aug 18, 2015
NnamdiN:
, I like them female-female gays wink cheesy grin )
Bros, you no serious ooo tongue
Re: Court: Christian Cake Bakers Must Provide Wedding Cakes For Same-sex Couples. by Mariecakes(f): 7:12pm On Aug 18, 2015
kevoh:

shocked waoh really?? if behaving like animals is what they all want to do....., but don`t try to moralize or justify it as, normal human behaviour, cuz it's not!!! N are you gay
Re: Court: Christian Cake Bakers Must Provide Wedding Cakes For Same-sex Couples. by kevoh(m): 7:37pm On Aug 18, 2015
Mariecakes:
shocked waoh really?? if behaving like animals is what they all want to do....., but don`t try to moralize or justify it as, normal human behaviour, cuz it's not!!! N are you gay
Please shut it with your sanctimonious attitude abeg! You were actually the one that said animals don't have homosexual tendencies, I was merely pointing out the error and hypocrisy in that statement with proof by the way.

Whether I am straight or not should not be any of your business by the way.
Re: Court: Christian Cake Bakers Must Provide Wedding Cakes For Same-sex Couples. by Mariecakes(f): 7:49pm On Aug 18, 2015
kevoh:

Please shut it with your sanctimonious attitude abeg! You were actually the one that said animals don't have homosexual tendencies, I was merely pointing out the error and hypocrisy in that statement with proof by the way.

Whether I am straight or not should not be any of your business by the way.
lolzzzz who said anything bout being morally superior Its bout what is right n wrong, you know it's not right, that's why YOU feel morally inferior I ddnt know animals have homosexual tendencies, but now that I do... if behaving like animals is what they all want to do......, but don`t try to moralize or justify it as normal human behaviour . smiley
Re: Court: Christian Cake Bakers Must Provide Wedding Cakes For Same-sex Couples. by kevoh(m): 8:22pm On Aug 18, 2015
Mariecakes:
lolzzzz who said anything bout being morally superior Its bout what is right n wrong, you know it's not right, that's why you feel morally inferior
Hahhaha grin grin Feel morally inferior over what/who? I have never met someone who is gay but I am damn sure they don't care about you to start feeling inferior. You guys are the ones having sleepless nights over nothing.

What do you know about morality other than the typical condescending attitude you religious fellas exhibit. Please, stick to making ignorant comments like your first post on this thread jare. Make, I continue with my champions league match.
Re: Court: Christian Cake Bakers Must Provide Wedding Cakes For Same-sex Couples. by Mariecakes(f): 9:02pm On Aug 18, 2015
kevoh:

Hahhaha grin grin Feel morally inferior over what/who? I have never met someone who is gay but I am damn sure they don't care about you to start feeling inferior. You guys are the ones having sleepless nights over nothing.

What do you know about morality other than the typical condescending attitude you religious fellas exhibit. Please, stick to making ignorant comments like your first post on this thread jare. Make, I continue with my champions league match.

if you ddnt feel "morally inferior" you wudnt hv accused me of a sanctimonious attitude when there was non....it is not normal human behaviour whether you like it or not.
Re: Court: Christian Cake Bakers Must Provide Wedding Cakes For Same-sex Couples. by kevoh(m): 9:23pm On Aug 18, 2015
Mariecakes:
is not normal human behaviour whether you like it or not.
That's your cup of tea. I don't see gays knocking on your door and complaining about it. You are the one having unnecessary nightmares.
Re: Court: Christian Cake Bakers Must Provide Wedding Cakes For Same-sex Couples. by David0(m): 1:08am On Aug 19, 2015
I think this Christians shud get their act right. U r doing business, u shudnt bring religion into ur business. Otherwise, how do u buy materials to bake ur cake, do u buy from Christians alone?

D fact u bake cake for gay couples doesn't mean u support them, ur only doing ur business.

The are killing themselves unnecessarily n calling it persecution.

This is been stupid in the name of religion.

Show luv to everyone, don't judge anyone, do ur usual business with a smile, then tell them God loves u.

U cannot change them, God will handle that.

(1) (Reply)

Future Map Of Religions Reveals A World Of Change For Christians, Muslims & Jews / SERMON JOTTERS: The Curse Of Cowardice {revival Service} - Dr. D.K Olukoya / Pastor Adeboye Set For "Arresting The Arrester"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.