Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,546 members, 7,901,605 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 12:27 PM

Why Your Age Matters In Planning A Family. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Your Age Matters In Planning A Family. (651 Views)

4 Generations Of A Family In One Picture / Comparison In A Family. How Healthy Is It? / Are U Planning A Family Soon:: I 've What U Want! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Your Age Matters In Planning A Family. by Imose1991(f): 9:22am On Aug 17, 2015
Although fertility partly depends on the father's age and health, the mother's age matters more, so researchers looked primarily at how a woman's increasing age and declining fertility would affect her chances of successfully conceiving and carrying a baby to term.

The scientists used a sophisticated computer model that simulated the potential outcomes of 10,000 couples without any known fertility problems who are trying to become pregnant.

They found that a woman should start trying at age 32 if she wants a 90% chance of having at least one kid without resorting to IVF and at 27 if she really wants two children without assistance.

Being open to using IVF, however, buys you time: up to a decade or more, in fact.

What's more, if you're willing to accept a 75% chance of success, the woman can be 37 years old to begin trying for one kid, 34 for two, and 31 for three.

1 Like

Re: Why Your Age Matters In Planning A Family. by mutter(f): 10:11am On Aug 17, 2015
It saddens me to see more and more women having problems getting pregnant.
So much saddness . This constant hoping and then getting disapointed. I have quite a few friends that have been going through this for years.
Sorry if this is OP but just feel moved to pray for these women.
God please grant every woman seeking the fruit of the womb her hearts desire. Show your mercy and wipe their tears. Fill their homes with the sound of babies crying. Put all those who mock them to shame and let them testify that there is none like you.

2 Likes

Re: Why Your Age Matters In Planning A Family. by nikenry(f): 11:24am On Aug 17, 2015
mutter:
It saddens me to see more and more women having problems getting pregnant.
So much saddness . This constant hoping and then getting disapointed. I have quite a few friends that have been going through this for years.
Sorry if this is OP but just feel moved to pray for these women.
God please grant every woman seeking the fruit of the womb her hearts desire. Show your mercy and wipe their tears. Fill their homes with the sound of babies crying. Put all those who mock them to shame and let them testify that there is none like you.
Resounding Amen!

(1) (Reply)

Any Training School For Nanies / Lovely Bedspread For U... / The Role Of Lubricants During Intercouse In Marriages.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.