Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,186 members, 7,880,695 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 03:02 AM

Parents Need To See This. Acronyms Used By Teens On Social Media. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Parents Need To See This. Acronyms Used By Teens On Social Media. (1118 Views)

The Sad Story Of A Young School Girl. African Parents Need Learn! / What I Noticed Among Pre-teens And Teens In My Area / Parents Need To See This. Acronyms Used By Teens On Social Media. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Parents Need To See This. Acronyms Used By Teens On Social Media. by lomzy1(m): 11:14am On Aug 17, 2015
Imagine this scenario, your daughter is sitting beside you on the coach and she’s sex texting without you having a inkling of what she’s doing – even when you can view her SMS. Would you be able to interpret this message if she writes, I’ll GNOC as soon as 99. (see our list for its meaning)

Therefore, parents need to get acquainted with the language used by their children to be able to succeed at parenting, particularly, in our climes where good family names are held in high esteem.
Here, we present to you a list by CNN’s correspondent, Kelly Wallace, who compiled popular acronyms widely used by teens on Internet,social media and texting apps.
Read the list, it will redefine how you monitor your teen’s conversations with his/her peers.

IWSN- I want s e x now
GNOC- Get nak ed on camera
NIFOC- Nak ed in front of computer
PIR- Parent in room
5 CU46 - See you for s e x
53X- S e x
9- Parent watching
99 -Parent gone
1174′- Party meeting place
THOT- That hoe over there
CID- Acid (the drug)
Broken- Hungover from alcohol
420- Marijuana
POS- Parent over shoulder
SUGARPIC- Suggestive or erotic photo
KOTL- Kiss on the lips
(L)MIRL- Let’s meet in real life
PRON- Por n
TDTM- Talk dirty to me
8 -Oral s e x
CD9 -Parents around/Code 9
IPN- I’m posting nak ed
LH6- Let’s have s e x
WTTP- Want to trade pictures?
DOC- Drug of choice
TWD- Texting while driving
GYPO- Get your pants off
KPC- Keeping parents clueless

1 Like

Re: Parents Need To See This. Acronyms Used By Teens On Social Media. by agarawu23(m): 11:15am On Aug 17, 2015
hmmmm
Re: Parents Need To See This. Acronyms Used By Teens On Social Media. by yrret: 11:19am On Aug 17, 2015
This is for the white folks.

Not for the real 9ja kids

2 Likes

Re: Parents Need To See This. Acronyms Used By Teens On Social Media. by BeeBeeOoh(m): 11:22am On Aug 17, 2015
Nawa oh!
Re: Parents Need To See This. Acronyms Used By Teens On Social Media. by mrcasanova1(m): 11:22am On Aug 17, 2015
Decode these ones... They will create other codes.

The way devil is giving people the speed of thought for bad things these days ehn... Even cheetah no fast reach.
Re: Parents Need To See This. Acronyms Used By Teens On Social Media. by Zehner(f): 11:29am On Aug 17, 2015
Didn't know all this o! Not sure this applies to Nigerian kids sha.
Re: Parents Need To See This. Acronyms Used By Teens On Social Media. by dunsman(f): 11:30am On Aug 17, 2015
Na white kids get dis one na. 9,99 et.c wetin concern paki pikin with figures pikin wey dae call game pad adapter for parents or no b naija we dae
Re: Parents Need To See This. Acronyms Used By Teens On Social Media. by Blanc8(m): 11:34am On Aug 17, 2015
Not a parent - but dunno this stuffs
Re: Parents Need To See This. Acronyms Used By Teens On Social Media. by lomzy1(m): 11:37am On Aug 17, 2015
yrret:
This is for the white folks.

Not for the real 9ja kids
You would be surprised.. all these ajebutter kids might be using some of these codes.
Re: Parents Need To See This. Acronyms Used By Teens On Social Media. by lomzy1(m): 11:42am On Aug 17, 2015
dunsman:
Na white kids get dis one na. 9,99 et.c wetin concern paki pikin with figures pikin wey dae call game pad adapter for parents or no b naija we dae
But it's a known fact that the kids of nowadays learn from the western world. How many of our teenagers can speak their own language? They will rather speak English than their own mother tongue. They prefer Hollywood to nollywood. That's where they pick up stuff like this from.
Re: Parents Need To See This. Acronyms Used By Teens On Social Media. by Omotayor123(f): 11:45am On Aug 17, 2015
Eleyi gidi gan oooo....
Re: Parents Need To See This. Acronyms Used By Teens On Social Media. by lomzy1(m): 12:10pm On Aug 17, 2015
Omotayor123:
Eleyi gidi gan oooo....
Lol

(1) (Reply)

LOL! Do You FART In Front Of Your Partner? / Woman Gives Birth One Hour After Learning That She Is Pregnant! / What Should I Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.