Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,837 members, 7,886,235 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 06:18 AM

Bail Kasala At The Magistrate Court - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bail Kasala At The Magistrate Court (487 Views)

The Bad Condition Of A Magistrate Court In Makurdi, Benue State (Photos) / Visitors' Seat At The Magistrate Court In Wuse, Abuja (Photo) / DSS Drops Charges Against Nnamdi Kanu In Magistrate Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bail Kasala At The Magistrate Court by BrBakreez(m): 11:21am On Aug 17, 2015
While I was in a magistrate court today, I saw a chief in his full regalia with beads that symbolise that he is a respectable individual. He sat down with all sense of respect awaiting the arrival of the magistrate like every lawyers and persons in court. The court sat at few minutes past ten, and the Registrar called the name of a former President. I thought he was the one but was disappointed when I saw a tattered man looking frail in the dockroom. We laughed because the Magistrate asked the man why he has to steal the name of a respectable individual to have himself in mess.
Few minutes later, this magestic looking chief came out when the registrar called the name of a case. My heart pounds as he stepped out and I was praying fervently that he should not step into the dockroom, later I realised he stood surety for a defendant on the run. The fierce and strict looking female magistrate asked him about the whereabout of the defendant and I noticed he was shivering in his voice. Chai, my mind told me see that a chief is so scared of a woman who could be his wife, I thought to myself how the man treats his wife or wives at home, I was still thinking when the man forced himself to say I just sent away my wife who is the sister of the defendant until she produces her. The female judge got quite emotional and threatened to send the chief who is the surety to prison. The court said, I will disregard your bead and all your regalia to send you to Kirikiri if you cannot produce the defendant, justice can only be done if you ensure the defendant do not elope hence you must produce him during the next adjourned date. The Magistrate made a little effort to tell him to bring back the wife because it is not her duty to search for the defendant since she is not the surety.
He almost ran out of the court when he was ask to go home but must produce the defendant during the next adjourned date. A chief tried to run like an athlete then I know that the law is no respecter of anybody and the fear of kirikiri is the beginning of humility.
Re: Bail Kasala At The Magistrate Court by DahtzFestjayz: 11:22am On Aug 17, 2015
Ogede!
Re: Bail Kasala At The Magistrate Court by Babalegba(m): 12:42pm On Aug 17, 2015
DahtzFestjayz:
Ogede!
In which town did these happen
Re: Bail Kasala At The Magistrate Court by EdCure: 12:45pm On Aug 17, 2015
Interesting!

Who doesn't respect judges & magistrates? Remember,they are addressed as "my lord". grin

4 Likes

Re: Bail Kasala At The Magistrate Court by BrBakreez(m): 4:17pm On Aug 19, 2015
Babalegba:
In which town did these happen
Ikeja, Lagos

(1) (Reply)

"A Look At Buhari's Appointments From Another Angle" / Is It Really A Wasted 100days In Office? / Corruption Growing Under APC Government—pdp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.