Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,527 members, 7,888,695 topics. Date: Saturday, 13 July 2024 at 12:56 PM

Eu Depedent Status For Residents In The United Kingdom - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Eu Depedent Status For Residents In The United Kingdom (2672 Views)

Lady Narrates Experience Shopping For Peppers In United Kingdom / United Kingdom To Deport Nigerians On 24th March 2015 With A Chartered Flight / Is It Advisable To Settle In The United Kingdom After Studies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eu Depedent Status For Residents In The United Kingdom by Fiver: 5:28pm On Mar 25, 2009
Hi immigration experts

I have a friend who was previously on a student visa but failed to return home after the expiration of her visa in 2005
She heard about the EU resident route, whereby someone with an EU settled status can apply for dependent (i think up to three people) as dependent, after application they qualify for genuine working national insurance and after some months they get about five years leave to remain- she is paying someone upto £4000 for it including the lawyer fees

Is this route genuine, considering she has an expired visa (she will pay £400 for new passport from nigeria house)
she has been living illegally for about 3-4years and working

I have heard some other people doing it successfully but you know our people, it is all hearsay

can anyone explain the process, duration and the price

Thank you
Re: Eu Depedent Status For Residents In The United Kingdom by Vicjustice: 6:58pm On Mar 25, 2009
Fiver:

Hi immigration experts

I have a friend who was previously on a student visa but failed to return home after the expiration of her visa in 2005
She heard about the EU resident route, whereby someone with an EU settled status can apply for dependent (i think up to three people) as dependent, after application they qualify for genuine working national insurance and after some months they get about five years leave to remain- she is paying someone Up to £4000 for it including the lawyer fees

Is this route genuine, considering she has an expired visa (she will pay £400 for new passport from nigeria house)

I have heard some other people doing it successfully but you know our people, it is all hearsay

Thank you
   I for one do not believe that it's any friend but the poster herself.   
   However, while it is possible in the Schengen states, but in the UK, hardly would anyone succeed to legalise his/her status by any scheme or any version of residence permit once s/he has been living in the country illegally. A likely scenario would be the applicant being adviced to leave the UK and reapply for a fresh visa to return legitimately to the UK: and this process, we know, is a difficult and frustrating one.
   I don't advice you to pay any money to anyone to legalise your stay because no amount of money can earn you a UK leave to remain after you've been living illegally for years: it takes qualification and eligibility to legalise one's stay in the UK (maybe) except you are under a pending political asylum process.
   How old are you (your friend) officially?
   What's the relationship between your friend and the would-be guardian?
Re: Eu Depedent Status For Residents In The United Kingdom by cvibe: 7:07pm On Mar 25, 2009
@ poster

Vicjustice has replied you. Paying anyone will only lead to more trouble i.e. fake documentation. The best advice is for the person to return and reapply, or rough it out till 10yrs length of stay and hope the authorities regularize his or her papers.
Re: Eu Depedent Status For Residents In The United Kingdom by DisGuy: 8:17pm On Mar 25, 2009
cvibe:

@ poster

Vicjustice has replied you. Paying anyone will only lead to more trouble i.e. fake documentation. The best advice is for the person to return and reapply, or rough it out till 10yrs length of stay and hope the authorities regularize his or her papers.

I think he/she has to be legally resident in the UK for 10 before they can consider that

I have also heard of this EU dependent stuff, immigration lawyers are making a killing in the UK
cost range from £3000-5000, many nigerians have been moving from their base in other EU countries to
take advantage of the free benefits, some require three potentials at a time making upto £15,000
when the deal is over wink
Re: Eu Depedent Status For Residents In The United Kingdom by brownbonno(m): 10:21am On Mar 26, 2009
Fiver:

Hi immigration experts

She heard about the EU resident route, whereby someone with an EU settled status can apply for dependent (i think up to three people) as dependent, after application they qualify for genuine working national insurance and after some months they get about five years leave to remain- she is paying someone upto £4000 for it including the lawyer fees

Thank you

Its dispeakable and a criminal offence to sham the immigration system.Both maybe liable to jail and deportation.
Re: Eu Depedent Status For Residents In The United Kingdom by MrsOyibo(f): 3:36pm On Mar 27, 2009
I know quite a few people here in London who have gone down the European Dependant route. All of them have received a letter from Home Office to confirm that their application has been received and that they have the right to work and live in the UK while their application is being decided. However, none of these people have yet had their applications approved i.e. Home Office still have their passports. One guy I know applied over a year ago and still hasn't heard anything from them! Whilst you might think that having a letter from Home Office allowing to work would make things easier, it doesn't really. All that it means is that you are in the UK legally. Most employers still won't consider giving you a job unless they can see your actual passport.

Also, remember that the UKBA aren't stupid. They know that this European Dependant route is being exploited, so I reckon it won't be long before it stops anyway.
Re: Eu Depedent Status For Residents In The United Kingdom by Fiver: 12:05am On May 14, 2009
I for one do not believe that it's any friend but the poster herself.

Totally understand your scepticism, I am actually on the last year of my 2 year post study work visa

Thank you for your replies

(1) (Reply)

University of Iceland. How to go about it. / Auto Crash Along Sagamu Road As 12 OOU Students Pass On / Please How Can I Get To Ikotun From Ikeja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.