Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,443 members, 7,884,976 topics. Date: Tuesday, 09 July 2024 at 07:25 PM

Late Emir Of Katsina Admiring Traffic Light During Visit To UK In 1940s - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Late Emir Of Katsina Admiring Traffic Light During Visit To UK In 1940s (59887 Views)

Buhari Received His Classmates Of 1953 Set Of Katsina Middle School (Photos) / Atiku Shares Meal With Ex-Classmate Mammawa, During Visit To His Home (Pics) / Buhari At The Funeral Of Late Emir Of Borgu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Late Emir Of Katsina Admiring Traffic Light During Visit To UK In 1940s by Fearcom(m): 6:58pm On Aug 17, 2015
IgboGoat:
You moniker is clear. I see you fear Biafra. idiot.

See the I.diotic responses you are giving, talking like a bloody I.diot , a wailer and a drunkar.d. Nor be only Biafra.
1. My moniker is Fear.com and not "fear biafra"because it is obvious you are not seeing well.
2. Why are you offended when I called you by your own moniker which you yourself penned?? and
3. If you think you know how to insult then bring it on...
Re: Late Emir Of Katsina Admiring Traffic Light During Visit To UK In 1940s by Intendy: 6:59pm On Aug 17, 2015
zyzx:
Sir Usman Nagogo dan Muhammadu Dikko was the
Emir of Katsina from May 19, 1944 till his death on
March 18, 1981.
they were looking for the near by mosque which the "microphone like" thing leads to.
But how many of una no go surprise way back then?
Re: Late Emir Of Katsina Admiring Traffic Light During Visit To UK In 1940s by ezeagu(m): 7:02pm On Aug 17, 2015
danjumakolo:

Yeah like seriously like the pic.
The whites met the northerners with a complete system of administration in the eighteenth century.

That was why they respected the northerners more than the south.You could see the way they honoured sir balewa and sardauna..

Queen of England said during her first visit that her plane will not land anywhere but Kano to have a feel.of the Hausa dynasty

British people don't mean shit, they aren't gods.
Re: Late Emir Of Katsina Admiring Traffic Light During Visit To UK In 1940s by ezeagu(m): 7:03pm On Aug 17, 2015
NoRetreat:
It is not peculiar to the northern emirs, what of the igbos who were carrying Colonial Masters on their rocking chairs and they were happy to be slaves, what of the yorubas that were selling each other to the whites for a bottle of wine? Or those Calabars who saw white men as gods? We were all caught by the storm!

Sorry, when were the Igbo carrying people in rocking chairs, do you have a picture?
Re: Late Emir Of Katsina Admiring Traffic Light During Visit To UK In 1940s by ezeagu(m): 7:06pm On Aug 17, 2015
BMZK:

I can't believe the northerners were properly dressed even back then in the 40's when their counterparts in many regions were roaming naked.

There's nothing wrong in being nude, nudity or reams and reams of clothing does not signal any type of civility.
Re: Late Emir Of Katsina Admiring Traffic Light During Visit To UK In 1940s by Oziohindase(m): 7:16pm On Aug 17, 2015
Una papa go do more than dat @ dat time, thou am not Hausa but de fact
Re: Late Emir Of Katsina Admiring Traffic Light During Visit To UK In 1940s by Iwonimi(m): 7:27pm On Aug 17, 2015
That's y british pple give dem power so dey can be in control of Nigeria forever..... Bleep british 4 manipulating 1959 election
Re: Late Emir Of Katsina Admiring Traffic Light During Visit To UK In 1940s by ezeagu(m): 7:27pm On Aug 17, 2015
secretaryabdul:
Thank God, they were properly dressed. The obis and obinnas were roaming unclad then.

This is a Japanese man before western clothes, una pass them then?

[img]http://cfile8.uf.tistory.com/image/155F293C5023DD7B01DC8A[/img]

These are Japanese people today at a festival, una pass them now?

Re: Late Emir Of Katsina Admiring Traffic Light During Visit To UK In 1940s by shegs4danny(m): 7:29pm On Aug 17, 2015
They were lik...chai!! Walahitalahi oyinbo nah winch grin

1 Like

Re: Late Emir Of Katsina Admiring Traffic Light During Visit To UK In 1940s by Kingkamal(m): 7:37pm On Aug 17, 2015
BishopMagic:
Nothing has changed since.

Carry your average Duara citizen go London and get the same reaction.

Olodo people wey no gree go school
You cant even spell daura properly and you are accusing daura citizens... illeterate go and learn how to spell... dundii wey no get destination.
Re: Late Emir Of Katsina Admiring Traffic Light During Visit To UK In 1940s by oniluuu(m): 7:47pm On Aug 17, 2015
BishopMagic:
Nothing has changed since.

Carry your average Duara citizen go London and get the same reaction.

Olodo people wey no gree go school

The last time I checked...its a daura citizen that is the number one person in Nigeria... What number are u? Some peeps keep abusing citizens of Daura, saying that they are dullards.. All I know is that for now, they are repin Naija.. R. U. Evn recognised in your. so called village? Pls stop d beef and insults.. And live with the fact

1 Like

Re: Late Emir Of Katsina Admiring Traffic Light During Visit To UK In 1940s by dazzlingd(m): 8:04pm On Aug 17, 2015
hardywaltz:
Mallam na Mallam Since 1914
grin crazy guys on NL
Re: Late Emir Of Katsina Admiring Traffic Light During Visit To UK In 1940s by Swaggzkid: 8:20pm On Aug 17, 2015
INTROVERT:
make the Mallam no look before? .... i wonder how them take enter the plane go London self...

the gods must really be crazyyy...

what do y'all think will make you to admire and stare like this.

*bolded*
Re: Late Emir Of Katsina Admiring Traffic Light During Visit To UK In 1940s by Youngmolis: 8:22pm On Aug 17, 2015
Sure guyz
Re: Late Emir Of Katsina Admiring Traffic Light During Visit To UK In 1940s by SirShymexx: 8:22pm On Aug 17, 2015
Lmao!!

They look amazed and scared. grin
Re: Late Emir Of Katsina Admiring Traffic Light During Visit To UK In 1940s by Nobody: 8:24pm On Aug 17, 2015
Most of the abusers are Igbos.
seunmsg:

See them abusing northerners as if their forefathers who lived in 40's saw and used traffic lights in their lifetime.
Re: Late Emir Of Katsina Admiring Traffic Light During Visit To UK In 1940s by Melahou(m): 8:26pm On Aug 17, 2015
LoveJesus87:

E fit be Carmel dem take waka reach der abi u no see as dem be..:-D

grin grin u re not serious

1 Like

Re: Late Emir Of Katsina Admiring Traffic Light During Visit To UK In 1940s by Aitee1: 8:34pm On Aug 17, 2015
Eugenedimgba:
The average Hausa man even admires the power bank I use to charge my phone. Kai yaro,wetin I call am por dis wan? Transpormer??

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Late Emir Of Katsina Admiring Traffic Light During Visit To UK In 1940s by BishopMagic: 8:59pm On Aug 17, 2015
experimentist:
the same olodo people dey rule ur papa from 40's to 2015 he he he, ha ha ha gringringrin

Courtesy of you slaves

Sept 13, 2015 it all ends.
Re: Late Emir Of Katsina Admiring Traffic Light During Visit To UK In 1940s by kobonaire(m): 9:01pm On Aug 17, 2015
Eugenedimgba:
The average Hausa man even admires the power bank I use to charge my phone. Kai yaro,wetin I call am por dis wan? Transpormer??
you funny forker grin
Re: Late Emir Of Katsina Admiring Traffic Light During Visit To UK In 1940s by Nobody: 9:02pm On Aug 17, 2015
INTROVERT:
make the Mallam no look before? .... i wonder how them take enter the plane go London self...

1940, them done born your mama??
Re: Late Emir Of Katsina Admiring Traffic Light During Visit To UK In 1940s by emzila(m): 9:04pm On Aug 17, 2015
INTROVERT:

LIKE IT OR HATE IT, THE FACT REMAIN THAT THE ABOKIS WERE THE ONES THAT FIRST GAIN THE WHITES RECOGNITION AMONG THE NIGERIAN PEOPLE. THE LEVEL OF RELATIONSHIP BUILT WITH THESE PEOPLE AT EARLIER STAGE OF NIGERIA STILL GIVE THE THE UPPER HAND TILL DATE, TRUTH IS BITTER BUT IT MUST BE SAID WEN NECESSARY.
Re: Late Emir Of Katsina Admiring Traffic Light During Visit To UK In 1940s by simdam500(m): 9:12pm On Aug 17, 2015
Winneygirl: The traffic light in itself hasn't really changed.
The basic concept of it has remained through centuries.
Whoever had that idea, those who designed it, I bet they never imagined it'll remain as it was through generations.
Great work!!

Good sense of thinking

1 Like

Re: Late Emir Of Katsina Admiring Traffic Light During Visit To UK In 1940s by Nobody: 9:18pm On Aug 17, 2015
bigtt76:
Hahaha ...this looks like the road to the National Mall from Buckingham Palace grin

I'm bumping on you in recent times.. ohhh.. I'm ff u now *winks*

back to topic, how could you tell from that tiny old pic. It could be anywhere, since everywhere in London looks alike. But I share your suspicion, it can't be too far from Buckingham palace... perhaps, st James park or Hyde park
Re: Late Emir Of Katsina Admiring Traffic Light During Visit To UK In 1940s by AnanseK(m): 9:27pm On Aug 17, 2015
ezeagu:

There's nothing wrong in being nude, nudity or reams and reams of clothing does not signal any type of civility.

Uncivilized people do not know how to weave and wear cloth, while in the north there was social organization, domesticated animals , utilities , kingdoms and empires, There were artisans and craftsmen and civilizations for hundreds of years in the north when the SE were primitive hunters.
Re: Late Emir Of Katsina Admiring Traffic Light During Visit To UK In 1940s by ezeagu(m): 9:37pm On Aug 17, 2015
AnanseK:

Uncivilized people do not know how to weave and wear cloth, while in the north there was social organization, domesticated animals , utilities , kingdoms and empires, There were artisans and craftsmen and civilizations for hundreds of years in the north when the SE were primitive hunters.

Where was the earliest textiles in Nigeria found and from what estimated date? What is the oldest kingdom in Nigeria? What is the oldest bronze making tradition in West Africa I want you to answer first. That Obasanjo wore more cloth like parachute did not make him more advanced than Tony Blair.

By the way Hausa people today below.

Re: Late Emir Of Katsina Admiring Traffic Light During Visit To UK In 1940s by Nobody: 9:49pm On Aug 17, 2015
anonimi:

The same thing that all COLONIALISTS do- irrespective of the colour of their skin.

What did the Oyos do to the towns under their Empire's control all the decades they were in charge collecting their taxes?
What did the Fulanis do to the towns under their Caliphate all the decades they were collecting their taxes?

So you agree the colonialists looted Nigeria dry. Thanks!

By the way, Mr colonial defender, what new advances are you aware of that the Fulani and Oyo rulers had, to bequeath their captured territories, which they failed to do? Kindly share with us. I'm sure they gave what they had. I'm sure the Fulanis built loads of schools for their new citizens. When the Brits left, 90% of Nigerians were illiterate. (Figure down to 26% today courtesy of black rule.)
Re: Late Emir Of Katsina Admiring Traffic Light During Visit To UK In 1940s by Caseless: 10:02pm On Aug 17, 2015
temitemi1:
E don tey wey nothern pple don... undecided
uwarka.
Re: Late Emir Of Katsina Admiring Traffic Light During Visit To UK In 1940s by mickey45: 10:46pm On Aug 17, 2015
seunmsg:

See them abusing northerners as if their forefathers who lived in 40's saw and used traffic lights in their lifetime.

No tribe is totally faultless of ignorance....
Imagine the number of lives, destinies and lineages that got exchanged for Mirrors and Schnapps in the south....

2 Likes

Re: Late Emir Of Katsina Admiring Traffic Light During Visit To UK In 1940s by Nobody: 11:43pm On Aug 17, 2015
Eghosakelly:
May God forgive you. Give your life to christ. 1st john 5 : 12

Do i have to become a fool like you?
Re: Late Emir Of Katsina Admiring Traffic Light During Visit To UK In 1940s by Nobody: 11:49pm On Aug 17, 2015
Eugenedimgba:
hahahhahahahhahaha hahahhahahahhahaha hahahhahahahhahaha hahahhahahahhahaha hahahhahahahhahaha
Re: Late Emir Of Katsina Admiring Traffic Light During Visit To UK In 1940s by kachiwhyte: 12:32am On Aug 18, 2015
You guys r funy. Where was ur own traditional ruler in the 1940s when emirs where visiting the UK? I m very sure your traditional ruler had never seen an aircraft in 1940 talk less of entering one. Also I can bet dat ur village did not have motorable roads then, not to mention traffic lights.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Hausa And Igbo (IPOB) Clash In Aba: Several Gunshots By Soldiers (Live Updates) / Mamman Daura In Critical Condition In UK - Sahara Reporters / Police Officers Shooting At People In Mushin, Lagos (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.