Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,978 members, 7,873,140 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:37 AM

Opinion : Seun Please We Need This - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Opinion : Seun Please We Need This (1768 Views)

Seun, Please When Are You Going To Sell Shares Of Nairaland / Opinion: Seun Osewa Deserving Of Nigerian National Honours Award / SEUN Please Do Xmas Giveaway To We Nairalanders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion : Seun Please We Need This by LieDetector(m): 6:54pm On Aug 17, 2015
Seun please if you can introduce this feature, we would always be grateful. Nairaland being one of the best forums in Africa needs it.

What is it actually?

Seun please we need a dislike button. Much as there is the "like" button to appreciate someone's contribution to a topic, there should also be a dislike button to which we can use to condemn a comment that is condemnable. It may not be the first of its kind as top forums out there have it. I think that button would further reduce the level of tribal bigotry we see everyday on this forum.

I hope you consider this very well and bring it to effect as that would complement the good work you earlier started.

Liedetector.

Cc, obinoscopy, lalasticlala, ishilove, seun

2 Likes

Re: Opinion : Seun Please We Need This by agitator: 7:03pm On Aug 17, 2015
Crap always on nairaland. undecided undecided undecided
Re: Opinion : Seun Please We Need This by Stephansmily(f): 7:05pm On Aug 17, 2015
Hmm
Re: Opinion : Seun Please We Need This by gabazin080(m): 7:10pm On Aug 17, 2015
Even Facebook doesn't have a dislike button talk less of nairaland.
But I think I need a dislike button just for this thread
Re: Opinion : Seun Please We Need This by LieDetector(m): 7:12pm On Aug 17, 2015
agitator:
Crap always on nairaland. undecided undecided undecided
this is why we need the dislike button

1 Like

Re: Opinion : Seun Please We Need This by LieDetector(m): 7:18pm On Aug 17, 2015
gabazin080:
Even Facebook doesn't have a dislike button talk less of nairaland.

But I think I need a dislike button just for this thread
why must you keep displaying this slavery attitude of yours? Must you do because Facebook did or does nairaland look like Facebook to you?
Re: Opinion : Seun Please We Need This by Mariecakes(f): 7:18pm On Aug 17, 2015
It will be fun to hv a dislike button grin grin grin
Re: Opinion : Seun Please We Need This by LieDetector(m): 7:23pm On Aug 17, 2015
Mariecakes:
It will be fun to hv a dislike button grin grin grin
indeed it would. I just hope they introduce that feature as soon as possible.

BTW, I taste for your cake grin
Re: Opinion : Seun Please We Need This by LieDetector(m): 7:30pm On Aug 17, 2015
Re: Opinion : Seun Please We Need This by Nobody: 7:31pm On Aug 17, 2015
Seconded!✔️✔️✔️✔️✔️
Re: Opinion : Seun Please We Need This by gabazin080(m): 7:33pm On Aug 17, 2015
LieDetector:
why must you keep displaying this slavery attitude of yours? Must you do because Facebook did or does nairaland look like Facebook to you?
if you have any brain at all you will know your request is silly and doesn't make any sense. Maybe if you can tell me of any site or forum that has a dislike button then I will modify my earlier comment and support u on this. If you can't then ur request is nonsense.

FYI, a dislike button will destabilize this great forum because haters and fun seekers will take advantage of it and hit the dislike button on any thread or comments of someone they don't like, mostly the mods.

Because of this People will be discouraged to create a thread or make comments. Sebi you see how you wanted to die because I asked for a dislike button for your thread. That's exactly how others too will feel wen people dislike their sensible thread or comments

1 Like

Re: Opinion : Seun Please We Need This by Nobody: 7:38pm On Aug 17, 2015
Please, we do not need a dislike button. We don't wanna hear someone committed suicide because his/her comment had 200 dislikes.

1 Like

Re: Opinion : Seun Please We Need This by LieDetector(m): 8:21pm On Aug 17, 2015
gabazin080:
if you have any brain at all you will know your request is silly and doesn't make any sense. Maybe if you can tell me of any site or forum that has a dislike button then I will modify my earlier comment and support u on this. If you can't then ur request is nonsense.

FYI, a dislike button will destabilize this great forum because haters and fun seekers will take advantage of it and hit the dislike button on any thread or comments of someone they don't like, mostly the mods.

Because of this People will be discouraged to create a thread or make comments. Sebi you see how you wanted to die because I asked for a dislike button for your thread. That's exactly how others too will feel wen people dislike their sensible thread or comments
you ended up spewing trash. I don't need any proof to show you that top forums are already making use of this feature. Google will always be there for you.

Please enlighten me more on how haters will use the dislike feature to their advantage. The primary motive of the opinion for the dislike button to be introduced is because there are some comments that honestly ain't worth liking in any ramification. The best option would be to click the dislike button. This would send the message to the original poster that his comment was condemnable. So tell me the hard thing there for you to understand. Any other reason for using the dislike feature would be secondary.
Re: Opinion : Seun Please We Need This by LieDetector(m): 8:25pm On Aug 17, 2015
Austeenx:
Please, we do not need a dislike button. We don't wanna hear someone committed suicide because his/her comment had 200 dislikes.
have you ever heard of where someone raked in millions because he got a thousand likes? I created this thread not for low thinking individuals like you to malign with your mediocrity?

Who takes what happens online serious for Christ sake?
Re: Opinion : Seun Please We Need This by Mariecakes(f): 8:25pm On Aug 17, 2015
LieDetector:
indeed it would. I just hope they introduce that feature as soon as possible.

BTW, I taste for your cake grin
smiley Are you August-born ?
Re: Opinion : Seun Please We Need This by LieDetector(m): 8:28pm On Aug 17, 2015
Mariecakes:
smiley Are you August-born ?
team Virgo grin

I'm September born.

But na still the same thing grin
Re: Opinion : Seun Please We Need This by LieDetector(m): 8:34pm On Aug 17, 2015
Stephansmily:
Hmm
What's your take on this hon?
Re: Opinion : Seun Please We Need This by Nobody: 8:50pm On Aug 17, 2015
LieDetector:
have you ever heard of where someone raked in millions because he got a thousand likes? I created this thread not for low thinking individuals like you to malign with your mediocrity?

Who takes what happens online serious for Christ sake?

Okay.
Re: Opinion : Seun Please We Need This by Stephansmily(f): 9:22pm On Aug 17, 2015
LieDetector:
What's your take on this hon?

U gat a point der

Buh, u knw, diz is Nairaland

Ppl will tend to misuse it

U'll still see 200 dislikes for a post which really makes sense.
Re: Opinion : Seun Please We Need This by LieDetector(m): 9:31pm On Aug 17, 2015
Stephansmily:

U gat a point der

Buh, u knw, diz is Nairaland

Ppl will tend to misuse it

U'll still see 200 dislikes for a post which really makes sense.
yea. You did well by highlighting those points.

ButI'll ask you a question.

Haven't you come across a post/comment that doesn't make sense but the likes it garnered was quite enormous? If you could answer this question without being bias, then know that we really need that dislike button.
Re: Opinion : Seun Please We Need This by Stephansmily(f): 9:36pm On Aug 17, 2015
LieDetector:
yea. You did well by highlighting those points.

ButI'll ask you a question.

Haven't you come across a post/comment that doesn't make sense but the likes it garnered was quite enormous? If you could answer this question devoid of any sentiment, then know that we really need that dislike button.

Yea..av come across so many ov'em
Re: Opinion : Seun Please We Need This by LieDetector(m): 9:48pm On Aug 17, 2015
Stephansmily:

Yea..av come across so many ov'em

so you see?

I love sincere and intelligent ladies just like you
Re: Opinion : Seun Please We Need This by Stephansmily(f): 10:04pm On Aug 17, 2015
LieDetector:
so you see?
I love sincere and intelligent ladies just as you

Thanks.
Re: Opinion : Seun Please We Need This by gabazin080(m): 10:04pm On Aug 17, 2015
LieDetector:
you ended up spewing trash. I don't need any proof to show you that top forums are already making use of this feature. Google will always be there for you.

Please enlighten me more on how haters will use the dislike feature to their advantage. The primary motive of the opinion for the dislike button to be introduced is because there are some comments that honestly ain't worth liking in any ramification. The best option would be to click the dislike button. This would send the message to the original poster that his comment was condemnable. So tell me the hard thing there for you to understand. Any other reason for using the dislike feature would be secondary.

that Secondary motive is why am against your request.
Like I said fun seekers and haters will misuse it because of their hatred for someone.

And I think the mods will suffer most because many people don't like the mods and are always attacking them daily.
Imagine I hate a mod and there is a dislike button, I will always trail the mod's every topic and comments just to hit the dislike button and by so doing u will frustrate him and he will also be looking for you to break a rule and ban u. Then hatred and e-war will start.

So that secondary motive is I don't support you on this. Like stephansmily said, people will misuse it
Re: Opinion : Seun Please We Need This by Mariecakes(f): 5:37am On Aug 18, 2015
LieDetector:
team Virgo grin

I'm September born.

But na still the same thing grin
that is an opportunity for you to taste my cakes
Re: Opinion : Seun Please We Need This by LieDetector(m): 7:48am On Aug 18, 2015
gabazin080:
that Secondary motive is why am against your request.
Like I said fun seekers and haters will misuse it because of their hatred for someone.

And I think the mods will suffer most because many people don't like the mods and are always attacking them daily.
Imagine I hate a mod and there is a dislike button, I will always trail the mod's every topic and comments just to hit the dislike button and by so doing u will frustrate him and he will also be looking for you to break a rule and ban u. Then hatred and e-war will start.

So that secondary motive is I don't support you on this. Like stephansmily said, people will misuse it
dude you keep repeating yourself. Anyways, I've stated my opinion. It's left for seun to decide. But fact remains that the advantages of the dislike button if created, would supersede the disadvantages.

Have a lovely day
Re: Opinion : Seun Please We Need This by ELYMAXiimus(m): 10:43am On Aug 18, 2015
LieDetector:
dude you keep repeating yourself. Anyways, I've stated my opinion. It's left for seun to decide. But fact remains that the advantages of the dislike button if created, would supersede the disadvantages.

Have a lovely day
first of all, learn to be polite. The words you spewed at those guys weren't nice. And it was all just because they opposed your proposal.

Now, down to your proposal,

i think you're only considering the positive effects and neglecting the negative.

Why do you want to condemn some comments? Because, in your own opinion they are bad.
Do you know that, as bad as you think a comment might be, some other people will equally think that comment is good. We all can never reason the same way.
And everyone has a right to his opinion.

So tagging any comment as bad by clicking a dislike button will only increase the confusion and conflict being experienced occasionally on this forum.
Lol, i read some FP comments at times and see some persons hauling insults on another just because of a little difference in opinions.

My suggestion;

if you see any post that you do not like, you don't have to click any button. Just scroll it away from the reach of ur sight. That way, you know you have denied it a "like".
If Other readers' opinions match yours, the comment will get little or no likes.

Cheers!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Opinion : Seun Please We Need This by LieDetector(m): 8:05am On Sep 16, 2015
Lalasticlala, Seun

It seems mark Zuckerberg read this my suggestion.

Abeg mek una also introduce the dislike button for nairaland

(1) (Reply)

I Have An Important Question / Anglican Bishop Said, Biafra Be Realistic About Agitation, Lack Off Unity Among / What Determine If Present Administration Stays Or Leave Come 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.