Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,844 members, 7,872,834 topics. Date: Wednesday, 26 June 2024 at 11:17 PM

14 Ways To Know Your Dad Is A Nigerian. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 14 Ways To Know Your Dad Is A Nigerian. (1665 Views)

'My Dad Is A Deadbeat' Top Worn By Daughter On Father's Day / Lady Justifies Why Her Dad Is Married To 6 Wives, Says He Is Too Cute (Photos) / Would You Marry A Man Like Your Dad? See Replies Girls Gave (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

14 Ways To Know Your Dad Is A Nigerian. by adebayo201: 10:42am On Aug 18, 2015
1. When his only companion is his radio. To the extend that he knows radio channels by heart and can state the time for different programs.

2. When he is the disciplinarian of the house. Mum will always use him to scare us like if your daddy comes, you will hear ween.

3. When whether there's light or not, he will always keep his torch close to himself and won't allow anybody to touch it.

4. When he always shave his beards with blade twice or three times a week to the extend that you will think if he ever grows hair there.

5. When he has a reserved seat or chair for himself in the room. No matter the visitor, he retains the seat for himself.

6. When he is always on "stone-cold" type of hair style. You can use it as a mirror.

7. When he sleeps late only for him to wake up earlier than the rest of the family. And you will be like does he ever sleep at all?

8. When he always use codes to speak to mum that no matter how you try, you might not understand anything they are saying.

9. When he is the one to collect nepa bill in the compound. And he knows names to represent each room no matter how difficult it is.

10. When he is always on wrapper. Tying of towel too around his waist is not farfetched from him.

11. When he always put his properties away from everybody. Like his sponge, toothbrush, sandal and even towel so that you have to seek for his permission to get any.

12. When he always chew chewing stick early in the morning before brushing.

13. When he wouldn't laugh out loud no matter how funny your joke was.

14. Add yours.

N.P
I love my dad and mum but it depends on the situations at hand but I love my mum more because she's funny and dad is logical.
Re: 14 Ways To Know Your Dad Is A Nigerian. by Godstile: 10:44am On Aug 18, 2015
When you ask him for money and he tells you to go and meet your mother.

2 Likes

Re: 14 Ways To Know Your Dad Is A Nigerian. by CEtoO(f): 10:46am On Aug 18, 2015
Counter thread.

Brb to add mine
Re: 14 Ways To Know Your Dad Is A Nigerian. by Capableben(m): 10:49am On Aug 18, 2015
When he keeps reminding you that he was always top of his class....lol

meanwhile,

[size=20pt]CapAbLeBeN![/size] was here.

Expect my single soon....#HOLDon

Re: 14 Ways To Know Your Dad Is A Nigerian. by Kingsasian(m): 11:09am On Aug 18, 2015
Lol
Re: 14 Ways To Know Your Dad Is A Nigerian. by adebayo201: 11:21am On Aug 18, 2015
Godstile:
As if she's CBN... cheesy
Re: 14 Ways To Know Your Dad Is A Nigerian. by adebayo201: 11:23am On Aug 18, 2015
@RoyalRoy
@lalasticlala
@Ishilove...iyawo nylon bag wink
Re: 14 Ways To Know Your Dad Is A Nigerian. by Nobody: 5:35pm On Aug 18, 2015
Godstile:

Na lazy papa be that o.
Re: 14 Ways To Know Your Dad Is A Nigerian. by Nobody: 5:35pm On Aug 18, 2015
kiss

When he walks majestically towards you, one hand behind his neck like he itching. O boy! Better take off na CANE e dey hide. cheesy

When he farts in your presence and continue like you don't matter. undecided

When he watches NEWS from sun till dawn, not giving a shiite about your cartoon.

When he threatens to send you put of his house once you get knocked up. embarassed

When his toothbrush is looking scattered, weary and overused.

When he believes that mommy is the next best person to buy your Christmas clothes, handling all the money to her and not giving you a dime.Trust me na,i dey carry my mama round the whole balogun market without picking a thing. angry

When the pot of soup he cooked is filled with different kinds of meat and fish because mother travelled. If momsi dey house na 1 kobo e go carry give her to make soup.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 14 Ways To Know Your Dad Is A Nigerian. by sarahguess: 6:15pm On Aug 18, 2015
Men!!! I just cnt stop lauging... I jt keep seeing my dad ., luv u dad proudly niger...
Re: 14 Ways To Know Your Dad Is A Nigerian. by Sijo01(f): 6:21pm On Aug 18, 2015
Topic should be 14 ways to know your dad is a village man undecided

1 Like

Re: 14 Ways To Know Your Dad Is A Nigerian. by dominique(f): 6:57pm On Aug 18, 2015
I totally relate with 1,2,5&7. Whenever we're watching tv, he just marches in and flip the channel to CNN, Channels tv or Sky news angry. They no born us well to grumble (at least not audibly)
Re: 14 Ways To Know Your Dad Is A Nigerian. by aboyaji(m): 7:19pm On Aug 18, 2015
I wanted to say my Dad has none of the aforementioned attributes not until I saw the No1 - RADIO (for radio Biafra) grin I gave up
Re: 14 Ways To Know Your Dad Is A Nigerian. by adebayo201: 11:36pm On Aug 18, 2015
Sijo01:
Topic should be 14 ways to know your dad is a village man undecided
lipsrsealed

(1) (Reply)

See This Cute Picture Of Twins That Married Twins And Gave Birth To Twins / Why Do People Having Sex Outside Marriage Gets Pregnant Easily, But Married / How The Presiding Judge Married My Niece's Ex Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.