Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,181 members, 7,880,681 topics. Date: Friday, 05 July 2024 at 02:03 AM

He Is Our Demi God Compadium Of 9 Powerful Quotes Of Ojukwu By Ifeduba - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / He Is Our Demi God Compadium Of 9 Powerful Quotes Of Ojukwu By Ifeduba (1325 Views)

Photo Of Ojukwu Reading A Speech As He Declares Independence Of Biafra In 1967 / Picture Of Ojukwu As A Boy With His Father In 1937 / Throwback Photos Of Ojukwu And Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

He Is Our Demi God Compadium Of 9 Powerful Quotes Of Ojukwu By Ifeduba by tochukwuifeduba: 1:50pm On Aug 18, 2015
1. The history of the world is a chronicle of oppression.

2. Since oppression is maintained by force, it is only possible to remove that oppression by a counterforce.

3. The illegal regime in Lagos under Gowon has accused Biafra of playing politics with her people’s misery. Our answer is simple: “We do not play politics. We are not masochists; rather, we are a people who choose to hunger a little to remain alive instead of feeding fat to become respectable corpses.”

4. We do not ask for pity. We make no apologies for the social phenomenon known as the Biafran revolution; rather, we proclaim with pride the inevitability of our struggle, the indestructability of our people, and the assured finality of our success.

5. Biafra is a child of circumstance…His existence and survival are always a marvel, sometimes bordering on a miracle. His life is a tribute to man, his courage is his endurance, his ingenuity is his humanity.

6. For unity to be meaningful it has to be creative, not the unity of Jonah in the whale but the unity of holy matrimony. The first can only lead to defecation, the second to procreation.
ojukwu-biafra1

7. If a leader accepts himself as already dead to society, there will be no reason for cowardice in his leadership. One thing that frightens leaders and lead them to a number of excesses is usually fear of death. No leader should fear death. In fact, you should accept the fact that from the moment of leadership you are sacrificed to death. Each subsequent day becomes a bonus for the preparation of one’s memorial.

8. What I have become, in this struggle is the mouthpiece of my people. I go where they push and no more. The day I think otherwise, the day I act otherwise, that day my people, without compromising the struggle, will find another person to express their aspirations.

9. We are humans. We live. We fight, fight because the decision to be free is a decision taken freely and collectively, because to become involved in violent struggle for freedom is the only honor left to an oppressed people threatened with genocide, because in the final analysis the only true bulwark against death is to live. Biafra rejects death…Biafra lives

5 Likes

Re: He Is Our Demi God Compadium Of 9 Powerful Quotes Of Ojukwu By Ifeduba by tobtap: 2:29pm On Aug 18, 2015
Re: He Is Our Demi God Compadium Of 9 Powerful Quotes Of Ojukwu By Ifeduba by ahaz: 3:23pm On Aug 18, 2015
tochukwuifeduba:
1. The history of the world is a chronicle of oppression.

2. Since oppression is maintained by force, it is only possible to remove that oppression by a counterforce.

3. The illegal regime in Lagos under Gowon has accused Biafra of playing politics with her people’s misery. Our answer is simple: “We do not play politics. We are not masochists; rather, we are a people who choose to hunger a little to remain alive instead of feeding fat to become respectable corpses.”

4. We do not ask for pity. We make no apologies for the social phenomenon known as the Biafran revolution; rather, we proclaim with pride the inevitability of our struggle, the indestructability of our people, and the assured finality of our success.

5. Biafra is a child of circumstance…His existence and survival are always a marvel, sometimes bordering on a miracle. His life is a tribute to man, his courage is his endurance, his ingenuity is his humanity.

6. For unity to be meaningful it has to be creative, not the unity of Jonah in the whale but the unity of holy matrimony. The first can only lead to defecation, the second to procreation.
ojukwu-biafra1

7. If a leader accepts himself as already dead to society, there will be no reason for cowardice in his leadership. One thing that frightens leaders and lead them to a number of excesses is usually fear of death. No leader should fear death. In fact, you should accept the fact that from the moment of leadership you are sacrificed to death. Each subsequent day becomes a bonus for the preparation of one’s memorial.

8. What I have become, in this struggle is the mouthpiece of my people. I go where they push and no more. The day I think otherwise, the day I act otherwise, that day my people, without compromising the struggle, will find another person to express their aspirations.

9. We are humans. We live. We fight, fight because the decision to be free is a decision taken freely and collectively, because to become involved in violent struggle for freedom is the only honor left to an oppressed people threatened with genocide, because in the final analysis the only true bulwark against death is to live. Biafra rejects death…Biafra lives
words of a wiseman.general of all generals.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: He Is Our Demi God Compadium Of 9 Powerful Quotes Of Ojukwu By Ifeduba by IgboGoat: 3:30pm On Aug 18, 2015
Can an animal from the ZOO produce Awo's quotes?
Let me hear what that coward rat-poisoned fool has to say.

5 Likes

Re: He Is Our Demi God Compadium Of 9 Powerful Quotes Of Ojukwu By Ifeduba by Nobody: 3:39pm On Aug 18, 2015
For unity to be meaningful it has to be creative, not the unity of Jonah in the whale but the unity of holy matrimony. The first can only lead to defecation, the second to procreation.
ojukwu-biafra1

2 Likes

Re: He Is Our Demi God Compadium Of 9 Powerful Quotes Of Ojukwu By Ifeduba by SOUNDKING: 3:43pm On Aug 18, 2015
ahaz:
words of a wiseman.general of all generals.
the only general that goes to the front with his soldiers,ojukwu is a field marshal.
Re: He Is Our Demi God Compadium Of 9 Powerful Quotes Of Ojukwu By Ifeduba by pazienza(m): 3:54pm On Aug 18, 2015
Powerful quotes. I had already saved them. To be used as ammunition against the children of hate that force co-existence.

2 Likes

Re: He Is Our Demi God Compadium Of 9 Powerful Quotes Of Ojukwu By Ifeduba by ArodewilliamsT: 4:08pm On Aug 18, 2015
janus05:
For unity to be meaningful it has to be creative, not the unity of Jonah in the whale but the unity of holy matrimony. The first can only lead to defecation, the second to procreation.
ojukwu-biafra1

Damn Ikemba got me really thinking with these quotes, I really wish i met him personally, it would have been inspiring.

2 Likes

Re: He Is Our Demi God Compadium Of 9 Powerful Quotes Of Ojukwu By Ifeduba by EdCure: 4:11pm On Aug 18, 2015
"...his manhood lives on".

3 Likes

Re: He Is Our Demi God Compadium Of 9 Powerful Quotes Of Ojukwu By Ifeduba by Nobody: 4:16pm On Aug 18, 2015
IgboGoat:
Can an animal from the ZOO produce Awo's quotes?
Let me hear what that coward rat-poisoned fool has to say.
ojukwu's quotes are equal to mere rants. Quotes don't bring development, brain does.

A few of Awo's achievements...

*First skyscrapper in africa
*First TV station in africa(I heard we had it before france)
*free education that made his people sophisticated. He even educated the deltans and benins. That legacy made SW to be the region with the best primary, secondary and Universities, both public and private.
*cocoa export
*free medical service
*Liberty stadium(first in modern stadium in Nigeria)
*First industrial complex located in ikeja
*First commercial housing estate in Nigeria(ibadan and ikeja)

You can google for more.

What did ojukwu achieve other than lead his people to an already lost war where they got slaughter. The worst part is that he fled, abandoning them to their fate. It's so sad that you guys are celebrating mere quotes.

Yeebos be celebrating mediocrity since the tower of babel.

1 Like

Re: He Is Our Demi God Compadium Of 9 Powerful Quotes Of Ojukwu By Ifeduba by Nobody: 4:36pm On Aug 18, 2015
If only people from a certain region will take their time to digest quote no. 7, even a cow can now predict that no leader can emerge from that zone.
Re: He Is Our Demi God Compadium Of 9 Powerful Quotes Of Ojukwu By Ifeduba by Adesoba5: 4:59pm On Aug 18, 2015
The only mistake ojukwu made was to run away..he could have just die in the war
Re: He Is Our Demi God Compadium Of 9 Powerful Quotes Of Ojukwu By Ifeduba by adeniyi3971(m): 11:23am On Aug 19, 2015
This guy is a coward a big one at dat! And so many embittered, bigot yeebos Like OP would still rant and praise him despite the fact that he pushed their fathers to war and ran away when the heat was 100c.
It is quit disturbing you better read for your waec and stop radiating your ignorance on N/L @ least nairaland is not owned by an igbo neither is an igbo a stakeholder so pls save us the boring essays and cheer in silence.

(1) (Reply)

Akwa Ibom Tribunal - Umana Tenders 7 Damning Video Evidences To Butress His Case / Boko Haram Strengthens Ties With Islamic State Group / Nigeria’s Oil Should Dry Up, Says NEXIM Boss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.